SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Open invitation to CI Hamburg this evening.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tonight I smoked an Opus Forbidden - I cannot tell you why, but it was the GREATEST stick I've ever had. I caught myself wafting the smoke in my direction to get more - what fun! (coffee and peanut butter were the overall flavors I had)

http://halfwheel.com/review-op...acimiento-1912/23503

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Tough act to follow there Ronin! I had a Rocky Patel Royale tonight...was really good. My first from Rocky.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Smoking a LFD ligero. Not a bad smoke, its not very complex and theres not alot of smoke.

Eta- the second half got very smokey with a heavy pepper flavor. It ended much better than it started.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever try a Julius Caeser by Diamond Crown? Picked one up at the B&M this afternoon, not sure what I think yet. Kinda sweet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Saw this pop up online today. Thought it would be cool to share with some of the newer smokers:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Last evening I picked up:
6- Blend Lab KK-4560
1- My Father Connecticut toro
1- My Father #3
2- CLE Cuarrenta corona gordo
2- CAO Flathead Camshaft

A good nights haul that topped off the humidor once again. I was looking for the L'Atelier Cote de Or, but they have not arrived yet...any day now!!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
That My Father Connecticut toro is incredible

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite is Partagas. I like a Naturales.
http://www.cigarsinternational...gars/11796/partagas/

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
New Cigar cutter. I love this. The punches are razor sharp. It was about $25.00 on Amazon

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Pete I love the MyF #3 the short Churchill is a great size.

Jeff I saw that knife for $60.00 on Amazon is it still worth it at that value?

I'm having a L'Atelier Côte d'Or (LAT CdO) great cigar best I've had this year. Definitely taste the pelo de oro. I think it better than the Pepin Garcia 10th anniversary even right off the truck. Flavor profile is similar spicy, cocoa, touch of sweetness from the pelo.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Pete I love the MyF #3 the short Churchill is a great size.

Jeff I saw that knife for $60.00 on Amazon is it still worth it at that value?

I'm having a L'Atelier Côte d'Or (LAT CdO) great cigar best I've had this year. Definitely taste the pelo de oro. I think it better than the Pepin Garcia 10th anniversary even right off the truck. Flavor profile is similar spicy, cocoa, touch of sweetness from the pelo.

You are right, It was $58.50, not $45.00. I definitely think it is worth the price. I love the size and quality. As mentioned it's razor sharp. The punches cover all the sizes that I smoke. I usually use a scissors but this has become my go to cigar tool.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ...06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Crux Classic that Ronin1969 gave me at the WI shoot. Very flavorful, great draw and burn. I need more of these.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to sound like a wise ass here, but all of the sticks I picked up are great in their own way. I got the Connie for when I want something light, but flavorful. The #3 for a pepper kick, the CAO for a good "buzz", the CLE for a high quality creamy cigar on a beer budget. Those Blend Labs are a new favorite and are better than some high dollar sticks. I was told however, that they will be going away. No word on if they will be made into full production though.

That "Swiss Army" knife is pretty slick, but I find myself using the guillotine more than any other cutter. About the only time I punch a cigar is when it is flat, I.E. CAO Flathead series. Still, pretty cool though.

Gator, YOU S.O.B.!!!!! Rub it in why doncha!! Was it as good throughout the entire stick? Any changes in it? We need to know details man!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
What an amazing night. Have become friends with the new neighbors across the street. They are younger than us by about 10 years, but much in common and the wives like each other, which is critical!

Last evening they invited us over for back yard campfire, 30 minutes in the rain started. We raced to the house and the dude and I looked at eachother, we still have half lit cigars. His wife chimed in, "Guys, use the porch!" So we walked thru their house, carrying lit cigars and beer coolers, and went out to the porch to watch the storm. Girls came out about 30 minutes later and joined us.

It was still early and we both wanted another stick, so I offered to share something - ran home and opened the Grail humidor and found two Opus Angel Shares that I've been hanging on to "forever". Perfect perfect perfect.

Interestingly enough, I chose to punch these vs. clip them -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a perfect evening John!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Pete the flavors were outstanding and it got better as it smoked. The subtle sweetness from the pelo stayed in the middle there was a dried fruit component while the pepper subsided. It got creamy in the final third. Best cigar I've had this year.

Mine need rest it was to wet, the burn and draw were a little wonky. Nothing major and I sure rest at 65%-68% will correct those minor issues.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator -

What is that nifty little rest you are using for our cigar?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Cigars, beer, and friends, old or new...that's the life!!

I am really anxious now to get my hands on one!!! Sounds wonderful!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Gator -

What is that nifty little rest you are using for our cigar?

http://www.stogietoys.com/

I have one cigar ashtray and it sucks. The rest where you place the cigar seems to be sloped away from the tray, so sometimes the cigar would fall out of the ashtray and land on the table or ground. This was a cheap way to solve that problem.

Chi Chi, get the yayo