SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I went to CI last night and took some sticks with me. I smoked a Perdomo double aged 12 year vintage maduro that I picked up a couple weeks ago. It started of quite bland and the ash began to tulip on me. I then started to pick up a hint of this and a hint of that, with the ash continuing to tulip. The flavors continued to fade in and out for the remainder of the stick and at times even tasted like an ashtray. I really had high hopes for this cigar and was disappointed to say the least. I will try another only most likely not the maduro.

On another note. My friend bought a box of Destino Siglo mi Amor last night and gave me one from the box. This was a great stick, even with some issues. First off, I must not have clipped enough off and had a bit of tar oozing until I recut it. This was still a great cigar and recommend them to anyone.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, You should have saved it for this morning. They are very mild but make awesome coffee smokes.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Sucks about the perdomo petr. Maybe those don't age well. I have one that's about 6 months old. I need to find out. The Connecticut is too mild for my taste and the sun grown has a twang I didn't like. Give the maduro another try if you can get a fresh one.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No telling how long they have been on the shelf at CI. For the money, I would have rather had a Tat 10 year or a Pepin stick.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
On another note. My friend bought a box of Destino Siglo mi Amor last night and gave me one from the box. This was a great stick, even with some issues. First off, I must not have clipped enough off and had a bit of tar oozing until I recut it. This was still a great cigar and recommend them to anyone.

Wish they had these on their website petr. Great smoke.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2992 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Caldwell long live the king what a good cigar. Good value. Great flavor. Coolest band on the market.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why they are not on the website. I do know, he got the box at a hell of a price though...under $440

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Smoking my 6 month old perdomo 12 year vintage maduro. I actually have 3 buried in the humidor. So far its good. Just how I remember these.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The pepper spice was still strong, some more interesting flavors came out with the aging. A very pronounced Bourbon flavor with a sweet peppery finish. The pepper and Bourbon built up into quite the flavor bomb at the end with a sweet finish I can't identify. The ash was solid with only 3 long ash drops (Toro size 6x54) I'm at the nub now and don't want to put it down. I should mention I paired this with some Ardbeg ouigidail(spelling) which may have added to the sweet finish.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
petr was the Destino Siglo mi Amor cigars your friend bought a 13 or 26 count box?

Posts: 2992 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
26 count

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Thought so. I am going to call and see if they ship

Thanks

posted Hide Post
Let us know how you make out!

posted Hide Post
You should be able to get one, unless they are sold out. They do not have them in the stores unless you order a box, then they ship from the warehouse. All of these stay in the warehouse until customer ordered.

posted Hide Post
He may have got the last box of mi Amor though

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
No luck with the warehouse. Confused Stores do not ship. Thanks for the tip though.

posted Hide Post
Well, that sucks. Maybe I can talk to someone about it. It wouldn't be until Friday though.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Some retailers are asked by the manufacturer not to sell certain cigars online or over the phone, serious does the same thing with certain smokes, but they have those listed on their website and will let you order by phone. There are also some he will not sell except to in store customers. The montecristo texas edition is one example.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jaywendland1981,

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sitting in my local shop with a La Gloria Cubana serie R Esteli. I don't even know where to begin. It's good. Damn good. This is a new favorite and it was under $7 too.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That and the "N" (which I like a little better) are always in the humidor. They fall in line with the CAO Flathead and Brazilia lines. Damn good, and reasonably priced.