SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Davidoff finally started carrying some Dunbarton stuff. I've been wanting to try the Mi Querida for a long time

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
2013 Monte#2

Man I love the salty taste the wrappers have!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ronin you arent kidding. When you get a good one they are amazing.
This one is new for me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
New one today. Avo Synchro Nicaragua Fogata. I believe it's Avo's only box pressed cigar. It must have been good, I smoked it down to about and inch and-a-half.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favorite CH cigars. 2014 TAA

Jay the 2016 is good subtle cigar with broadleaf. They definitely got better with age. I like medium cigars. To me it's sort of a broadleaf cigar for all occasions. There are not many I would smoke anytime of day but the 2016 is one.

The 2017 returns to the same wrapper as the 2014 so I am eagerly waiting their release.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
What wrapper is on the 14? You are correct it is very medium until the last 3rd which picks up some black pepper and spice, there is a nice creaminess and sweetness to it. I could smoke one at any time of the day. Serious has several more boxes i may have to pick up another at some point. It is burning my fingers and i dont want to put it down.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
14, 15, & 17 were / are Ecuadorian Habano

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ill be on the lookout for those. The list keeps getting longer.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
A little quickie before we head out to the Texas Bluebonnet Festival.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I am treating myself to an '01 Punch Double Corona today to celebrate 16 pounds lost in 14 days.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Jeff keep up the good work. How did it hold up to the test of time.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It's awesome, thanks Gator, sublime.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
That's nice, Jeff. 16 year old cigar to celebrate 16 pounds off.

I recently lost 12. I'll have to scrounge around :-)

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff, keep it up. Great job.

Picked up some new smokes this weekend on sale.

Ronin, on your recommendation, I picked up two of these...great smokes. You were right, this version has a different sun grown wrapper, the red tube has a rosada sun grown wrapper.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small Batch had a sale on these Sobremesa's last week. I've tried several vitolas and really enjoy them.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thats a great score Gnut. Ive been pondering picking up a box of those Connecticut valley, but there's 2 different wrappers and so many sizes to choose from. Please post a review when you smoke one. The Connecticut broadleaf Rosado wrapper sounds interesting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Thats a great score Gnut. Ive been pondering picking up a box of those Connecticut valley, but there's 2 different wrappers and so many sizes to choose from. Please post a review when you smoke one. The Connecticut broadleaf Rosado wrapper sounds interesting.

Jay, email me your address. You can try one yourself and we'll compare notes.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Breaking into the 2016's, really enjoying this. Spicy, and a great draw.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a fairly productive day off from work today. Yes, we are working 6 days for the past 4 months. I sharpened the blades for the mower deck, took the snow blower off of the tractor, greased all the fittings, fixed an issue I saw while greasing. I had to put everything away to go to a couple egg hunts thus afternoon. Came home and put the deck on the tractor and ran it through some thick grass to see how it cuts. Looks damn good. I then put up another set of gates in the fence and sat down to watch some of the Masters. Of course we needed to run to the store for some odds and ends. FINALLY I am able to kick back and relax. This is the choice I made tonight...

A My Father that has had some age on it. Not very peppery but smoother, creamier than when fresh.

Sorry for boring everyone with my rambling.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thats what this thread is missing! Some protection.