SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not really punishment. They are still decent cigars, just not my favorite that are offered. Trust me, there are better cigars cheaper than these and worse ones that cost more.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Yeah i wont do craigslist. Have them up on the Facebook group but no takers yet (been a few days) I may just have to keep them.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My first tonight while cooking dinner.

This was really good I love when my last cigar of an LE is really good.

My next one tonight will be another from Ronin. An AF looks like a shark but is gold and black.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Long story but I am traveling for work and did not bring sticks (yeah, yeah, save the lecture!) but the hotel did have a small humidor so I picked up one of these Fuente's.

Truthfully I bought it because the tube was so cool, but I drank it with Knob Creek and ended up burning my lip because I literally took it down to the nub.

Any of you guys smoke this before? It is easily one of the best tasting cigars I've had.

Ronin,

Did the one you smoke have a Sungrown or Natural wrapper?

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey Gnut -

Sun grown, I think.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did it come in the red tube?

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:

It looked exactly like the pic.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:

It looked exactly like the pic.

Ok thanks, Ronin. I guess I'm confused...the Rosado Sungrown shows in the red tube, and not what is in your pic. Based on your good review, I'd like to pick one up tomorrow to try, but want to be sure to get the one you tried.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Then maybe it was not the sun grown. Sorry to confuse, but I had the one pictured.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I'm smoking a La Paulina Goldie tonight, and man is it good. I probably don't have the palate to really appreciate all that is going on here, but I'm getting,it's if distinct flavors that I can't put a name to.

Great smoke

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
La Palina Goldie is one of my favorites. It's a great stick. Made in Miami all rolled by the same woman. My favorite Goldie was the second one I think it was a robusto extra.

I am camping and rain is threatening so I went with a Tatuaje second I case I have to ditch it.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then maybe it was not the sun grown. Sorry to confuse, but I had the one pictured.

Hey, no problem at all, Ronin. I'll look for one this week to try.

For the group, Small Batch is having a 15% off Dunbarton Trust cigars today and tomorrow, I think. I picked up a box of the Sobremesa torpedo tiempos this morning. I think it's a great smoke.

posted Hide Post
This evenings selection is something new to me. I was guided to try it by a sales associate at CI with high enthusiasm for me to have one. I am smoking a MoyaRuiz the Rake in the Take vitola. A hit of pepper on the first draw, and a citrus/fruity flavor has emerged while the pepper has been tuned down. All of this in the first inch.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Back in the saddle again. I just enjoyed a '11 Monte Edmundo on the porch. It was 70 today, snow and sleet expected Friday and Saturday.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Good to hear, Jeff

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nice 63 degree evening. Enjoying a Cuban H. Upmann Royal Robusto. These are one of my absolute favorite tasting cigars. My only dislike of these sticks is that they are rolled very tight and though I keep my Cubans around 63%, I've found that I need to dry box these for a few days prior to smoking; otherwise the draw is just too tight.

That said, I'm down to my last box. Time to go "in search of" and see if I can track any more down....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
if you find any in your search, I would gladly help defray the cost. Wink Razz

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1104 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
In the spirit of remember that Drew Estate are not exactly know to be the "cigars to hold and season", I'm working thru a collection of Liga's.

Today's appetizer is a Liga #9 Flying Pig.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Is that your wife's thumb or did you just get a manicure.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jeff! Welcome back. My brother and I enjoyed a Nice Rustica and Undercrown this afternoon. I think I may like the NR better. Either way, both are nice sticks!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post