SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
"That said, I'd be very interested in knowing where you got a hold of single Benike's for $40 - the sites I watch are typically double that. (e-mail is in my profile)"

Email sent Ronin

I'd like to know as well.

Email sent

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The more cubans i try, the more i come to the conclusion that they aren't worth it. Must be a forbidden fruit thing. Smoked an H uppman somebody sent me followed immediately by a UF13, the UF13 was fantastic. Sitting at an outdoor concert and sipping bourbon (snuck my flask in) its a nice night, 80 with a breeze.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was getting a fairly regular supply of legit Cubans. It was the "forbidden fruit" syndrome. After several boxes I came to the conclusion that they just weren't that great.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3399 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
When I was a mere neophyte in this airline biz, we had a Toronto overnight on Christmas Eve 2005. The Captain knew of a good Japanese restaurant that was open, so we went and had dinner and then went into the mall. There was a cigar shop there and they had Cubans, so I thought, "Why not...Merry Christmas to me".

I bought, to my recollection, either a Montecristo #2 or Double Corona. To be honest, I thought, "Meh...it's not any better of a smoke than my non-Cuban Montecristos and CERTAINLY wasn't worth the [probably] $20 U.S. (or more) I paid. I don't get the hoo-ha over Cubans and as far as I'm concerned, and in agreement with UTsig, they're not worth the $$.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nicaraguan cigars have only been around since early to mid 2,000s and I don't think you really started to see the large variety till 2010 or so. For all the years prior we had Dominican and Cuban.

There are certain Cubans in certain vitolas that IMHO are worth of being labeled the best.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Today's enjoyment after busting my butt putting up a split rail fence. No where near done yet either. Only 59 more posts to go!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
WOW!!! I LOVE the color and banding on that stick!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a chocolate bar from start to finish! CI has been finding cigars at the warehouse and selling them cheap. I have been taking advantage of these findings. Most of the deals are at their cost with no markup on them. I think these were a five pack sampler for $15.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post

Man O War Phalanx to celebrate a fantastic football weekend. GO COUGS. Go Bills!

Honestly haven't dabbled much with this brand. Like the flavor, but it seems to be a quick burner. I picked up a few and will try several different versions. So far so good!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Guys, thanks for your advice some time ago when I asked for suggestions for a decent mild cigar. I ended up with a box of Ashton that is now gone and just replaced with a mild sampler which so far has been good enough for me but not as good as the Ashtons.

Anyway I have a humidor question, do I just put the cigars in wrapper and all or remove the plastic first?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyway I have a humidor question, do I just put the cigars in wrapper and all or remove the plastic first?

One of the most debated cigar related questions around. There are many long explanations out there, but in the end it is personal preference.

I usually keep my sticks naked (no cellophane), but if I have a pile of something I am going to put in a ziplock and sort later, I'll leave them covered.

If you want a longer drawn out answer, here you go:

https://www.neptunecigar.com/t...thout-the-cellophane

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep mine in the cellophane. I feel it protects the cigar from damage as I am rooting around in my humidor.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I keep mine in the cellophane. I feel it protects the cigar from damage as I am rooting around in my humidor.

Thanks. Since cellophane is porous enough to let them breath I'll leave it on.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading this thread, I've realized there are many fake Cubans with many speculating this will only increase with the recent news. Would any of you be willing to share a source or two (not looking for your best connections) that I might try? Email is in profile. Thanks in advance

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I just sent you two. COH I know is used by multiple board members.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got them, Thanks!

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
That brisket looks great except it appears it was cut in the wrong direction.
Cool smoker tool.

Thanks. It's not cut in the wrong direction.. Perpendicular to the flat in a fanning direction until you find the beginning of the point (where the deckle splits the two). Then rotate 90 degrees and cut the point perpendicular to your flat cuts.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Ramon Allones Superiores tonight. Goes well with the Lightning win.

No pic because it's dark out here.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So "this" followed me home today -

1 Forbidden X, Robusto
1 Forbidden X, Double Robusto
2 Forbidden X, Toro

Picture book and interview with Carlo Fuente Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post