SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
Damn had some crux in my hands. Ended up getting a couple of opus x and tatujae. Will get some crux next time. Have fun with the kids.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1106 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
RP Habano Battalion tonight. HUGE cigar at 60 ring. The wrapper smelled heavenly, lots of smoke with a great burn. About an hour in now and still really tasty. Perfect burn, no relights needed. This was on the upper end of what I'll pay for a everyday cigar and high for the Edge series.

Paired it with a Founders Imperial Stout which is standing up well to this full bodied smoke.

Posts: 11290 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am pretty new to cigars. I purchased a sampler from the local shop "City Place Cigars" and have enjoyed a few over the past several months. More recently I purchased a small humidor and some other supplies and cigars and have been learning more about the basics and exploring what I like and dont like.
Recently a friend invited me over and I had the opportunity to taste some of Sam Adams finest, a vintage 2011.

And then I enjoyed a cigar from the first box I have ever purchased, Ave Maria.

Another friend is going out of town and I am watching his reef tank, a group of us always look after each others tanks throughout the year, but when I show up to learn his system he hands me a set of cigars for my humidor. I was thunderstruck, and very grateful. I may not be a smart dog but even i know that real Cubans are special.

Needless to say when he gets back we are going to meet up, have some nice drink and try on a few.
I am still new to all this but I am learning to appreciate the finer things in life.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3664 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

In honor of my 40th birthday today, I am celebrating with this fine specimen! I had a great day with the family and am looking forward to a lot more years to come.

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post

Buffalo Bills win.

WSU COUGS win.

It's time to celebrate.

My Father Le Bijou 1922.

Sudden Wisdom by Montgomery Distillery.

I'm 20 minutes in and I've got maybe a 1/4 inch of ash. Wow.

What a great weekend.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Davidoff Yamasa while I watch tonight's Packer game.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Davidoff Yamasa while I watch tonight's Packer game.

From last night during the Coug game. Didn't post this one... but had to share after seeing this post!

What are your thoughts?

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Lucky -

I like it a lot. Stronger than the Escurio I like from the Davidoff line, drinking with an IPA. This would taste better with Bourbon, I'm going to make the switch after I finish this beer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Lucky -

I like it a lot. Stronger than the Escurio I like from the Davidoff line, drinking with an IPA. This would taste better with Bourbon, I'm going to make the switch after I finish this beer.

I was a big fan. I got a LOT of pepper. Would go fantastic with a vanilla or sweet bourbon. Great choice!

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday petr! Glad it was a good day.

I've been traveling all damn day and thinking about what I am going to light up when I get home.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Furlough!

This evenings stick is new to me. I have not heard anything about these, but DAMN is it good! I highly recommend CLE to anyone that has not tried his sticks before. This one has pepper building after a very nice tobacco start. There are a multitude of flavors bouncing around that are blending very well together...and I'm only a half inch in so far!

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
petr, thanks - I will add those to my list!

Tonight I busted out a Tatuaje TAA 2016 box pressed.

What a great stick. It started off with a strong leather note, which continued through the entire burn. I also picked up coffee and something like... peat? Earthy? I'm not sure, but it was complex and kept me interested. Not much pepper at all, but every draw seemed to have something different.

I got five of these when I was in Tampa and I look forward to how the rest of them will age.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Cigar rest -

Thinking it is either Petr or Gator, but someone has posted pics of their cigars sitting on a very unique rest. Would you please post a link to where you got that?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Not me, I think it is Gator that has one.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I got mine from stogietoys.com it's a little rustic but I have used the divot repair tool to stab a cigar and smoke it further than a I should. I have used the bottle opener as well.

http://stogietoys.com

I will also post custom ash. Theirs are more refined but cost more also. Cheapest one is twice as much. I am a cheap bastard when it comes to accessories, I see it as cigar money spent on trinkets. Early on I lost or broke cutters and lighters so I have a heavy duty lighter, and I use to get cheap disposable cutters and toss them when they got dull. However the Xikar cutter that came in the sns kit is pretty sweet.

http://www.customash.com/cigarrestsandashtrays/

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gator!

I tend to spend more than I should on accessories, but the first link you posted is exactly what I am looking for. Next week a few buddies and I are getting together for an outdoor smoker, I am going to order one of these for each and have their names engraved on them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Burning my first La Herencia Cubana. AJ Fernandez just knows how to make a pleasant smoke.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I have 1 too, use it all the time, especially when you have a stick that is still smoking great but too hot to hold.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This evenings smoke gentlemen! It is kind of a celebratory cigar as I finally have a tractor that is cooperating with me! I just finished mowing the yard on my new to me Ingersoll 446. Sweet ride for us tractor junkies!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I got mine from stogietoys.com it's a little rustic but I have used the divot repair tool to stab a cigar and smoke it further than a I should. I have used the bottle opener as well.

http://stogietoys.com

Thanks again for this. I send them an e-mail asking about a custom inscription I'd like on the rests and they were quick to respond in a positive manner!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ