SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I got mine from stogietoys.com it's a little rustic but I have used the divot repair tool to stab a cigar and smoke it further than a I should. I have used the bottle opener as well.

http://stogietoys.com

Thanks again for this. I send them an e-mail asking about a custom inscription I'd like on the rests and they were quick to respond in a positive manner!

Thanks for asking about these again.. I've been meaning to ask, but forgot. I think it would make a good stocking stuffer for my father and brother.. I may have to get one for myself too. For research purposes of course.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an incredible thread. So much to digest and smokes to acquire. I'm not necessarily new to cigars but this thread has provided some great insights on a couple new sticks to try. I'll be enjoying an Oliva V.

I'm still on a quest to try my first Cuban. If you were to put a short list of (attainable) must-try Cuban cigars, what would appear on your top 5 list?

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Oliva V are some of the best I've had.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Things have been pretty crazy lately.. Besides work, my brother and I have been working on an offset smoker. We've got it built, and smoked some brisket on it last weekend. Lord knows we smoked a bunch of cigars building it. To be honest, I don't even really know what all we smoked.
Smoking the brisket Saturday night into Sunday morning, we smoked a RP super ligero (which was really good), a Cromagnon, and the Kristoff.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
All of that looks wonderful, Goat !!!

Just got the alert that Tatuaje Krueger pre-sale of 10 count boxes is happening at the B&M. You guys know if I will be able to get this via online?

I'm about to spend a 'buttload' of money on an upcoming Davidoff event and would like to save a little cash if I can.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Non dress boxes of Krueger are all over the Internet, as well as singles and five packs. I will pick up a single or two to try.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Paging Jay

Viaje full moon is out

Edit 20% off till midnight code = viaje (likely will still work in am

http://smallbatchcigar.com/via...6packof5-p-4159.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GA Gator,

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot GAGator - I told myself that I was not going to buy any more sticks for a while until I smoked down some of what I have.

I have never had a Viaje, so I had to order the pack.

Tonight is a Gurkha Beast. I'm a third of the way in and it is smooth and not beastly at all.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Im holding out for zombies.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Hopefully this isnt a repost. Doesnt count for mail order.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...rum-cigars/92042662/

quote:
MIAMI — Attention U.S. travelers going abroad: You now can bring home all the Cuban rum and cigars you want.
The Obama administration announced Friday a new round of executive actions designed to increase trade and travel with the communist island. And this is the one many Americans have been waiting for — no more restrictions on the island's famed rum and cigars.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8231 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
That brisket looks great except it appears it was cut in the wrong direction.
Cool smoker tool.

Posts: 23029 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biggsig:
This is an incredible thread. So much to digest and smokes to acquire. I'm not necessarily new to cigars but this thread has provided some great insights on a couple new sticks to try. I'll be enjoying an Oliva V.

I'm still on a quest to try my first Cuban. If you were to put a short list of (attainable) must-try Cuban cigars, what would appear on your top 5 list?

Montecristo #2 is the king for me. Cohiba Esplendidos is great, as well. Of course, I've heard some say that the Esplendido could well have been modeled after this guy:

Beautiful sweet and salty flavors in a HdM Churchill.

quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

quote:
MIAMI — Attention U.S. travelers going abroad: You now can bring home all the Cuban rum and cigars you want.
The Obama administration announced Friday a new round of executive actions designed to increase trade and travel with the communist island. And this is the one many Americans have been waiting for — no more restrictions on the island's famed rum and cigars.

Was reading this today, as well. I can't help but think it is going to result in a market flooded with fakes.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10522 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

quote:

Yeah, I saw that today too. Literally the only think Zero did in the past 8 years that I agree with. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what it does to the price of Cuban cigars.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
"Anyway, it will be interesting to see what it does to the price of Cuban cigars."

Prices are already up on Cohiba Benike 52. Over 100 US on site I paid 40 in January

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
"Anyway, it will be interesting to see what it does to the price of Cuban cigars."

Prices are already up on Cohiba Benike 52. Over 100 US on site I paid 40 in January

Meh.

Somewhere on this site I have more than once posted my Cuban cigar rant. Bottom line, all this is going to do is increase the amount of counterfeit cigars in the US. People are going to be running around smoking shit cigars, thinking they are great because hey, they're Cuban!

To all my fellow cigar smokers, worry less about Cuban cigars and more about the FDA and what they are doing to the market here. Small brick and mortar stores are going to be forced out of business while the internet sites feed off of the leftovers.

That said, I'd be very interested in knowing where you got a hold of single Benike's for $40 - the sites I watch are typically double that. (e-mail is in my profile)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I think fakes will increase for sure.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8231 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
"That said, I'd be very interested in knowing where you got a hold of single Benike's for $40 - the sites I watch are typically double that. (e-mail is in my profile)"

Email sent Ronin

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but doesn't supply side economics suggest that prices will eventually drop?

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
"That said, I'd be very interested in knowing where you got a hold of single Benike's for $40 - the sites I watch are typically double that. (e-mail is in my profile)"

Email sent Ronin

I'd like to know as well.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Interesting, but doesn't supply side economics suggest that prices will eventually drop?

Supply will always lag demand, it is a natural product whose crop is limited. In the distant future they can increase production with modern equipment and farming techniques but they will need workers for increased production. The product has proven over the years that when they try to increase production quality suffers.

For a long time mail order will continue to be the best and easiest way to get Cubans. It is easier ND cheaper to get them mail order than find them in a store abroad and bring them back into the states.

Chi Chi, get the yayo