SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
SNS club new member registration began today about an hour ago, site wont let me log in though.

You cannot, but my understanding is that a friendly member has your best interests in mind!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Super smooth and chocolatey so far. Thanks again Gerry.

Glad you enjoyed it, Jay.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know where to get boxes for 140$ shipped. Or 5 packs for 78$

Unless Gerry bought them all. Big Grin

Don't think I bought them all Cool.

I have 5 full boxes and about 12-15 singles.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A package arrived today from a member from the Houston area. Thanks, Jay.

Man, I can't wait to try these smokes. Will try to post pics later.

thanks again

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Enjoy. Those are some of my favorites that i figured you dont have yet.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell me about the orange, blue and yellow banded ones. Texas special releases??

posted Hide Post
Jay, thanks for the heads up about the boxes. My humidor is still stuffed though.

I am smoking a 2013 La Gloria Cubana Trunkshow tonight. Game 7 for the Penguins is starting shortly. GO PENS!!!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The yellow banded is a Crowned heads yellow rose, the orange is a Tennessee waltz, and the blue is a Paniolo. Texas, Tennessee and Hawaii only releases. They are supposes to be the same blend, but have 3 different flavor profiles.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Damn. Quick rant. I ordered custom made drawers for my newair cc300 wineador about 13 weeks ago from wineadors.com. The website and receipt both stated there was a 4-5 week turnaround time. Well my drawers arrived today, nvm the wait time, and they were wrong. Wayyyy too small. Look like the cc120 drawers. I go to the guys website and try to contact him. There is no phone number, only an option to email him and a disclaimer that emails are only read m-thurs 10-3 est. Kind of pissed. Gonna have a smoke and forget about it i guess. Hope he fixes the mistake. This really sucks cause i Have 4 more boxes of smokes otw and nowhere to put them.

posted Hide Post
Damn, I hate stuff like that.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
He's really slow and has been having growing pains / trouble with fulfilling orders.

I paid the extra on mine and did the rush shipping and had the drawers in on time. I ordered some knick knacks later and had to chase him and complain to PayPal to get him to ship $30 worth of stuff.

Hopefully he'll fix you up quick.

Tonight's smoke:

Special occasion cigar (for me, some of y'all are always ballin around here)

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Well i filled the drawers he sent me. Leaves me room for maybe 1 box. I can probably move some more stuff around and make the other 2 boxes fit. Maybe. Hope he makes it right. I want to give the guy a great review, i see all the nice custom stuff he makes and he does have a talent. It did suck to see him posting up pictures of all his big orders (full humidors or zebrawood drawers etc) for months before I finally get a "shipped" email. Almost like he kept putting the smaller order off. For 50$ more i could have ordered drawers from Newair and not had this headache.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well i filled the drawers he sent me. Leaves me room for maybe 1 box. I can probably move some more stuff around and make the other 2 boxes fit. Maybe. Hope he makes it right. I want to give the guy a great review, i see all the nice custom stuff he makes and he does have a talent. It did suck to see him posting up pictures of all his big orders (full humidors or zebrawood drawers etc) for months before I finally get a "shipped" email. Almost like he kept putting the smaller order off. For 50$ more i could have ordered drawers from Newair and not had this headache.

If I remember correctly, Forrest does the drawers for NewAir. He does the ones for the complete wineador you can order. The ones that come pre-seasoned in the cooler.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Well i put some HF beads in my 2 desktops, gave the other 2 to my cousin. Getting them seasoned up in case i have to use them. I might have to go big like Gerry and pony up for a giant unit at some point. At least the Mrs is ok with it if I do. I showed her pictures of his new humidor and she pointed to a spot and said we can make room for one.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well i put some HF beads in my 2 desktops, gave the other 2 to my cousin. Getting them seasoned up in case i have to use them. I might have to go big like Gerry and pony up for a giant unit at some point. At least the Mrs is ok with it if I do. I showed her pictures of his new humidor and she pointed to a spot and said we can make room for one.

As many as you smoke - go for it! You'll save in bulk :-)

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I'd have to sell my first born. The cabinet and stock is more than the vehicles I own.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
First blast of flavor and the first few puffs were just like a Liga. Then it mellowed out with some hay and grassy notes, very Tat like. About a 3rd in and it is just like the Umbagog, with a bit more strength. Not sold on these just yet.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Last night's Tat

Tonight's tat

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Looks like the dry boxing works. Tonight I'm smoking a jaime garcia reserva especial taa 2017 that I dry boxed for 2 days. Picking up more flavors than the one I smoked straight out of my Humidor.

Now if I could just name them all :-)

I keep the wineador between 62-65% RH (bottom to top). Didn't think it would make too much of a difference. I'll have to try it with something I smoke kore regularly.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I use a Cigar box with a 62% boveda, this morning I'm having something new.