SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Do you want me to pick you up some? If so how many they were $18 plus 11.5% sales tax so figure 20 per

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:
Nothing stellar but enjoyable.

Camacho in a nutshell.

I was told that the triple maduro was a good one. Any opinions on that one?

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Do you want me to pick you up some? If so how many they were $18 plus 11.5% sales tax so figure 20 per

Two if you would...one to smoke and one to stare at for a while. Not sure if you saw my note above, but have you ever seen the PJ40's?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was told that the triple maduro was a good one. Any opinions on that one?

I was a huge fan of the triple maduro, when they were 'this' band:

Not sure if they changed the blend, but I did not enjoy it as much when they changed to this band:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Guess it's always worth a try. Thanks for the info man.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Not the same company after Eiroa left, the rumors are that the old Camacho blends are what the CLE brand is now. The CBT or triple maduro is really good, very full flavored.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen the PJ40 and CI most likely won't get them in either. CI and Pete have a love hate relationship, it seems, and are usually the last to get anything from them.

The new triple maduro Camachos are nothing like the old ones. Davidoff changed the blend and they went downhill. Eiroa era Camachos are still the best.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CLE and the Eiroa maduro outshine the new Camacho lineup. They may be the same as the old Camachos and are very good cigars. I love the Cuarrenta CLE with some age on them. I heard the rumor too about the CLE and Eiroa being the same as the old Camachos.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, one more thing about the triple maddies. My brother has a box of the old blends and bought a new one to compare. The old one had full maduro tobacco in the foot that you could see. The new one had a streak of maduro and a streak of natural looking tobacco in it. You can kind of see the different tobacos in the picture above.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Could not wait until the weekend...lighting up the new Tat Monster, now!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin the PJ40 looks like a saints and sinners band. If it went retail it was limited. Saints and sinners is tough to get into. I've tried and miss it every year. They open it up for enrollment and it closes very quickly like and hour or less.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Well Drat!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin I got your cigars but I went with an opus for few dollars less.

Two story space very cool cigar lounge

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator,

VERY NICE!

The conversation about the Camacho got me thinking about one of my favorite sticks and something that I recently learned.

Some years ago I smoked a Tatuaja Miami 10th Anniversary - it looked like this:

I enjoyed it so much I bought a box...they looked like this:

What was strange is that they did not taste the same, I even recall asking about it in this thread somewhere. Questions about humidity, temp, beverage pairing were all raised, but I could never figure it out. Well ... I've figured it out. The first pic and the 2nd pic are NOT the same cigars! The one with the "reserva" band is the one that I want, but the one without the band is not the same stick!!!

Talking to my cigar jedi at the B&M he let me know that what was once the original Miami 10th anniversary is NOW the Tatuaje Regio Reserva and looks like this:

(I smoked one right after and LOVED it!!!)

Just thought I'd share, since I remember someone else asking a similar question once.

ETA - the closest you will come to smoking the origional Miami blend is the J21. They are readily available, the Rejio is no longer a stick that is actively for sale.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
That is good to know. Though, I know the ones I smoked were the same. The only difference was that the first ones I smoked were not in cellophane and the newer ones were.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Belle Encore I belive Ronin.

It's been reported in halfwheel and a manager at Emerson cigars which is a TAA shop that the 10th anniversary is the same as the Brown band but with a closed foot. The 10th seems smoother to me.

I had a Tatuaje lancero over the weekend that was great. Had good age on it and was smooth and powerful.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ive only had the 10th miami without the reserva band and while it was good I didnt think it was that great. Ill have to try the Regio.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine "knows a guy" and has been able to collect all of the Monster dress boxes - send me a pic last night after he added the 2015 to the collection.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
JR's Halloween deal is out, I get this every year, last few have been really good and I've always found 4 or more cigars that more than paid for the deal...everything else is bonus. Here is the link:

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/...-sampler-2015/tort15

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Could not wait until the weekend...lighting up the new Tat Monster, now!

Know what? It SUCKED! SUCK, SUCKIER, SUCKIEST!

Tasted like smoking charcoal - so disapointed I cannot even standing it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ