SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Jay,

Personally I give anything I have in the Liga series a 1 year shelf life. That's not usually a problem for me!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Cool. Thanks Ronin.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
La Gloria Cubana Serie N this evening. It started snowing around noon today and changed to sleet before I left work at 3. It has been sleeting ever since and I figure when it changes to rain later that I should clean it up a little. A quarter inch of ice should melt off quicker than an inch of packed, rain soaked sleet that turned into ice. Ugh, I could do without any ice. On the plus side though, we are looking at 4"-8", maybe more, of snow on the other side of this storm Wednesday into Thursday.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
High of 77 today. Though it was so humid the floor of the shop was wet all day. I didn't smoke any sticks today due to a headache, just wanted to brag about the warm temps.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Some new La gloria Cubanas showed up at the lounge today, called tres puros, Ill have to try a couple out this weekend.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/L...ana_Cigars_list#Tres Puros

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Ah, 50° never felt so good.

Smoking a Perdomo 20th anniversary that I received from Goat's karma. Super easy draw, light was a bit tough but once lit it's burned well. Initial puffs were a little peppery but it's merged with some nutty and cedar flavors now. Only my second Perdomo and much better than the first.

I already smoked both the Sancho Panza and CAO maduro that Goat sent. I'll be looking for more Sancho Panza. The CAO was good but for a well priced maduro the Brickhouse I had can't be beat. I think I sent one to Pete so I'm looking forward to his opinion on that one.

Thank you again Goat!

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The 20th Maduro is one of my top 5-10 smokes. The sun grown is good too, but has a twang thats a bit too strong for me.

posted Hide Post
Lee, Yes you sent me a Brickhouse Maddie. I am waiting to be able to sit down and give it a review that I can take my time on. I almost grabbed it tonight, but I was working on breaking up ice before it freezes again during our next storm due tonight. Forecasts are anywhere from 2"-8" of snow.

I did, however, grab a Man O War Ruination belicoso to handle the duty tonight. What a fantastic smoke!

I also have a Macanudo that needs to be reviewed and am waiting for the same reason. I wish I had waited to smoke the Tat TAA 2014 that was sent to give it the attention it deserved.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
2014's are still on the market, you can find them for decent prices

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, I have my eyes open for another shot.

posted Hide Post
What a day!!! The alarm went off and I looked outside, snow day, back to bed. Awakened by a thumping sound. WTF! The fridge decided to act all wonky. Lights flashing, ice door opening and closing (the thumping). Tape the door open, stuff a towel in the chute and try to fall back to sleep. No dice. Get up and get going. Breakfast and coffee, then bundle up to start shoveling. Grab a CYB that has been in the humidor for at least 6 months. I get about half way through and my wife comes out to say the fridge is now beeping for a high temperature. A few choice words for Maytag, I put the cigar down, not to be returned to. Unload everything and put it in the fridge downstairs and the upright freezer. A call to Maytag ends without any results to fix a well documented problem on the web. I did find a DIY fix for the issue, so there was light at the end of the tunnel. Still snowing and the snow in the driveway is getting deeper. Dress back up and fire up the tractor. Start blowing and this stuff is WET and HEAVY!! It plugs the chute up in the low laying areas due to puddles under the snow. Grumble, grumble. Getting towards the end before I need to clean off the car and truck and it starts running odd. Popping and wanting to stall. NOW WTF IS WRONG!! Back it into the garage and shut it down. Come up and get a Tatuaje Pudgy Tiff , did I mention I didn't eat lunch yet? Clean off the vehicles in about 45 minutes and shovel the deck and steps off again as it snowed about 1" while I was out there. I figure I have nothing to lose, so I fill the gas tank, put in Seafoam, and add Stabil to the 5 gallon jug and fire it up. Ran good and then...popping and wanting to shut down. Stay with it and let the fuel run through the line and carb and all seems well. Move the vehicles and finish off the drive. All in all it went well, a little sore, but well. I started digging into the fridge again. $225 for the high voltage circuit board!!! No way. Radio Shack has the parts I need in stock, most likely closed from the weather and I'm not going anywhere today the way my luck is going!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you need another smoke, this time with a scotch, sitting down.

How are the CYB's btw?

Oh you should just empty the fridge into the snow, make an igloo and store your perishables there.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Sounds like quite the day, Petr! Best to stay home...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the "killjoy" but I needed to vent a bit.

I had a CYB fresh about 6 months ago, see where I'm going here? It did not impress me to say the least, but I got 2 of them somehow. This one sat at the bottom since then and I figured I wanted a "morning" stick so I grabbed it. It was a decent stick. Smooth, creamy with hints of earthy coffee. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fully concentrate on it between shoveling and the damn fridge AND had to put it down half way through...still pissed about that! I may just nip on the shine till the night is over.

And stay home I did!!

posted Hide Post
Oh, and I would have thrown everything in the snow, but the way today went, critters would ruin that idea.

posted Hide Post
BrickHouse Maduro Thank you Lee for this smoke! I smoked this last night at CI. This cigar was well worth the price point at $5.25 there and was told that this was the best cigar in BrickHouse's line-up. It started out with a strong tobacco flavor but mellowed out to a sweet flavor through the first third. Around half way the flavors dropped off but picked up with a sweet grassy espresso flavor in the final third that remain throughout the rest of the stick. I was burning my fingers on the nub of this one. I will pick up more of these when it gets warmer out.

I then smoked one of the best cigars out there now, an Oliva "V" Nub. The ash was hanging on at half way, but was screwing up the flavors, so I knocked it off. The flavors returned and I again burned my fingers on the...well...nub of this Nub. At $10 each they are well worth the price. I do wish they were a little cheaper so that I could enjoy them more often than I do.

posted Hide Post
Oh yeah! I fixed the fridge today too. $3 and some cents at Radio Shack for two capacitors that needed to be replaced. My aviation electronics technician skills from the Navy kicked in for the removal and soldering in the replacements. All is well there now.

Now I need to eat lunch and tackle some snow removal that I didn't get to for fear of the tractor quitting on me and having to walk.

Things are looking up, way up!!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Petr, glad to hear things started to go better... I'll add the Brickhouse back to my list of need to trys. It was on the list, but fell off somewhere along the way. Sounds like a good smoke.

I've felt like the Nubs were overrated (except for the Dub Nub). I've tried a couple of them years ago. Although I've never tried any of the Cain or Oliva blends. I like Shorter and fatter cigars, but the Nubs seem to be just a little too short (4.5" seems to be about as short as I can go with out the development of the cigar suffering)..

We smoked a Man O War Puro Authentico corona yesterday along with a CAO Black. The MOW was good, but it kept going out on me. I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about thin cigars... I was a good smoke though. The Black was consistent with some that I had years ago. Nuts and spice throughout, but no real wow factor.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The brickhouse maduro is a great smoke. Try the Mighty Mighty size. Its a 2 hour+ smoke.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The thin cigars are kind of weird. They don't seem potent enough for. The few I've smoked had great flavors (especially the series A) but were very mild.