SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Which L'atelier is that btw? They all look alike.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Which L'atelier is that btw? They all look alike.

The maduro.. I think... Thats my best guess from looking at the band on the natural (black and gold) compared to this (white and gold). My local B&M didn't have them labeled well. So I looked it up online and I'm pretty sure its the maddy.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Goat. I'll have to pick up a few of those. I did not know Pete Johnson was behind L'atelier, until I started browsing yesterday. The maduro wrapper is also a hybrid of the Pelo de oro, which is what makes the Cote de Orr smoke so tasty. Plus they are less than 10$ a smoke.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'm about 2/3 of the way through a Tabak red eye. Good but I was expecting far stronger coffee flavor from something with this name. Very slow burn and excellent construction. For $4 it's hard to complain.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Having trouble filling my torch. Do the butane canisters get to a point before they're empty that there's not enough pressure to do the job?

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Yes they do, put your torch iin the freezer for like 10-15 minutes, it should fill right up when its cold. Make sure its upside down when you fill it, and use a key, needle or somthing pointy to drain the excess pressure from the empty torch, not alot just a couple taps should be enough.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Yes they do, put your torch iin the freezer for like 10-15 minutes, it should fill right up when its cold. Make sure its upside down when you fill it, and use a key, needle or somthing pointy to drain the excess pressure from the empty torch, not alot just a couple taps should be enough.

I purged it quite well. Never heard of the freezer trick. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It's empty. I've filled this torch many times and this is the first I've had any trouble doing so.

posted Hide Post
Sitting out smoking a La Gloria Cubana natural churchill tonight. Yesterday I had a Partegas that was quite good. The nights sitting out will be ending shortly as the weather turns colder. I'm not sure I'm ready just yet!

Ronin, Did the punch arrive yet?

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to put the Cubana down. I got some really off flavor out of it and lit up a Schizo. Much better. Now it's off to watch the Penguins play on TV. I hope they play better tonight than they have so far. Defense needs some help!

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Petr:

Thanks for the punch, I used it tonight! It is surprisingly heavy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are welcome. It is a quality piece that works very well. For anyone else who wants one, sign up for the Montecristo club and they will send one out to you.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Heading to a Drew Estate event on Thursday with Pedro Gomez - He is the official Drew Estate Factory Spokesman and will be here from Nicaragua -

Not sure what the deals will be, but I know there will be Dirty Rats, Flying Pigs and Ratzilla's - I need to go thru my list, but I'm pretty sure I've smoked all of those -

I have not had a chance to smoke an L-40, and I the Dirty Rat is one of my favorite sticks ever, so I guess we'll see what he brings -

A little disappointed in the event tonight, it was very well attended, but not much as far as deals go. Sticks were regular price, and if you bought a certain number, they would give you the "opportunity" to buy a Dirty Rat, Ferrell Pig, or Ratzilla. I wanted to support the boys so I picked up a couple Liga 9's and T-52's. I've smoked the bonus ones they offered, I took a couple Ratzilla's - I like those. The Ferrell Pigs are WAY too smokey -

Now I have to seek out an L40, as I've not smoked one yet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks! CI usually has some decent deals when they have an event. I was not at the Drew Estate event they had, but I was told they had good deals and some harder to find cigars there as well.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I sometimes think MN is still considered 'fly over' land - but we've got a pretty loyal cigar group up here, would have been cool to see something a little more rare.

Very much looking forward to the upcoming Davidoff event in November - that brand is becoming a new favorite of mine...

"Hey Everyone, As a locker member we wanted to give you guys first opportunity to reserve your tickets to the Davidoff Dinner on Thursday, November 19th @ 6:00.

We will close the store down at 5:00, and reopen for a group of guys at 6:00 for a nice dinner featuring Davidoff Cigars. Cost is $65 per ticket. What does it get you? A nice sit down meal, and 2 Davidoff Cigars (provided by Davidoff).

After the dinner, we will offer a ONCE A YEAR special pricing on Davidoff Cigars for that night only. Special pricing cannot be combined with locker member discount."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The freezer trick didn't work. Gonna get a new can of butane and try again later today. If that doesn't work I guess I'll be buying another torch. That'll make five in two years.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Time for a better brand, buy once cry once and all that. Xikar makes great lighters/torches. Lifetime warranty.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Two of the ones that stopped working were Xikar. The one I'm having trouble with now lasted longer than any of them.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Then you should just be able to take the later to a cigar store that sells Xikar lighters, they should swap it out for you right there.

At the shop I go to, there is a guy there we refer to as "the lighter whisper", he will take our lighters apart, clean them, and give them back to us good as new!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then you should just be able to take the later to a cigar store that sells Xikar lighters, they should swap it out for you right there

Yup, I dropped mine in the parking lot at the cigar store, scratched it up and broke the little flap that pops up, they gave me a new one right there.