SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Leemur,

Just a question, but are you using quality fuel? I use the brand, don't know how true it is or not, but I've always been told and tend to believe that the cheaper fuel is dirtier and caught you later faster. You I use the brand, don't know how true it is or not, but I've always been told and tend to believe that the cheaper fuel is dirtier and clogs your lighter faster.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I use the fuel the local?store recommended. It's refined 8 or 10 times. After taking the second Xikar to the guy I gave up.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Guy at the store was able to get it refilled. Not sure why it wouldn't work for me. Torches hate me.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Two of the ones that stopped working were Xikar. The one I'm having trouble with now lasted longer than any of them.

My Xikar stopped working and they easily replaced it.
I have only used Xikar Butane in it ever since and never had a problem.
I was using just any butane I had and some say that a quality is needed.
Nevertheless no problems now.
Xikar Butane is a little more expensive but not that much a deal.

Posts: 23195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I buy cheap Ronson torches and just throw them away. They're about $6 each on Amazon.

I light with matches a lot of the time and haven't noticed any bad tastes or smells from cheap butane lighters.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CI this evening smoking a maduro Schizo. Sweetness with a pepper kick in this one. Damn good cigar for about $1.40 each.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It pairs fairly well with the Old Rasputin I'm drinking with it.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
CI this evening smoking a maduro Schizo. Sweetness with a pepper kick in this one. Damn good cigar for about $1.40 each.

Good to know! I'll look to pick some up next time I order. What size are you smoking?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robusto. I got the same size as the naturals to compare. The maduro is a whole $2 more a bundle of 20 than the natural. The pepper remained fairly constant through it. There was a spot of heavy cocoa about midway that faded to the background. Like I said, for the price it is a great cigar as is the natural.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
La Imperiosa double robusto tonight. It's supposedly identical to the Las Calaveras EL 2014 blend which was an almost immediate sell out. Very nicely made and veined cigar, it's probably at the top price I'd pay for an everyday smoke.

I'm going to pull a barley wine out of the beer fridge to pair with it, an IPA or even a porter would be overpowered by this stick.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the smoke and beer, Brad.

I'm sitting out bundled up as it's 45* outside smoking another Schizo maduro. I wanted to be sure these are good sticks. These are GREAT sticks!

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Enjoy the smoke and beer, Brad.

I'm sitting out bundled up as it's 45* outside smoking another Schizo maduro. I wanted to be sure these are good sticks. These are GREAT sticks!

Ended up with a Scotch Ale(Founders Dirty Bastard). The stick is still more powerful than the ale. Still burning beautiful after 45 minutes, smooth as silk and very tasty. It's our first cold weather here of the year, 30's all day. Enjoy the Schizo, they sound very nice.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any snow in your forecast Brad? We may have flurries but it is going to be upper 40s tomorrow. Towards the end of the week...70's again. This the season for the roller coaster temps. The Schizo is a very good stick for the price. It's a great stick while working outside as if something happens to it, it is not a big loss. Or you can sit and enjoy them as a much higher priced cigar. Asylum got these right and has a good thing going for them.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thought this was a pretty informative article in regards to Cuban cigars and the eventual lift of the trade embargo with Cuba.

Don't Get Too Stoked on Cuban Smokes - Fox News https://apple.news/AS9sEMFkJQGOAHX6HUP05zg

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. The last two paragraphs pretty much sum it up. While there are great Cuban cigars, there are other great cigars from around the world that cost a fraction of the price. I'm not saying I won't participate in smoking Cuban cigars, just that I can wait until the mad dash has passed and pricing and availability rebound. On the flip side, anyone near Canada can go north and buy Cubans to bring south with them currently.

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Used my Legion access to pick up one of these.

Machined from billet aluminum.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Asylum Asylum, Toro from a 2012 batch. This one has been in the humidor a long time. Nice pepper blast on the initial light, some clean tobacco flavor and a hint of cocoa so far.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I found a cigar oasis in San Juan PR. cigar selection is outstanding, prices are good to great, fully stocked bar, seating area / lounge is really nice. It's called "Cigar House". I choose an AvO Nicaraguan which I've wanted to try as these came out recently, for $8 + change its got that nica flavor really enjoyable.

Their opus selection is great with good prices they have a full box of Garcia family 10 th anniversary, best tatuaje selection I've seen in a store.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A full box of 10th Anniversary! Those are some great cigars if you have not had one.

I'm smoking a CI Blend Lab KK-4560 this evening. I really wish these were still available!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Mike - that ash tray is BAD ASS!

Petr - as many of us have discussed, while Cuban's are great, there are many other sticks I'd like to smoke, especially Nicaraguan.

Brad - I've really been enjoying Founders Scotch Ale recently...a nice compromise with cigars if I want a beer.

Tonight I smoked a Padron 80 Years. Man I really like the Padron line (news flash, right?). Smoked it with a Summit Octoberfest - a really good pairing!

Any of you guys smoke a Liga LP40? This is only stick from the Unico serie that I have not been able to smoke. Just wondering if it is worth the effort to seek one out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ