SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Which 80th are we talking about? And i might just save my money for that god of fire then.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Just lit up a four kicks. Its really damn windy out here today.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spending the weekend in Nashville TN with the wife. Celebrating our 10 year anniversary as well as my return from A-stan.

Stopped by two different cigar bars. The first one is the Davidoff one and wow was it pricey. I didn't see anything less than $11 a stick including cigarillo sizes. Didn't smoke anything or drink anything.

Last night stopped at Primings Cigar lounge and Bar. Its on 4th street a few blocks (walkable) south of Broadway in downtown. They had a great selection and reasonable prices. I tried a Crowned Heads Le Careme on the reviews from this thread. I also had a rebreast 12 year. Both were great.

The Le Careme was very creamy with a lot of earthy notes. Very enjoyable.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Welcome home glad you made it safe. Crowned Heads head quarters is in Nashville. They have some regional releases you can only get in that area. The Tennessee waltz, Double W (Arlington Vineyards). If you are from Tennessee or get back there keep and eye out.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Which 80th are we talking about? And i might just save my money for that god of fire then.

Hi Jay. This one:

http://halfwheel.com/don-carlo...onal-reserve-robusto

Halfwheel gave it a shitty review, but I really liked it.

Also, in regards to God of Fire, keep on eye out for this:

Hands Down one of my favorite sticks ever!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
A friend just came back from a trip to Dominican Republic. I gave him a list of plenty of solid sticks to choose from and advised to avoid Cubans...of course he did not listen to me and came home with this box:

Full of these sticks...

Didn't know they make Cohibas that are not even banded! LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
You should cut one open! ^^^^

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
La Careme Robusto tonight. Nice little stick. Only complaint was it was too quick of a smoke. Was really enjoying it and it was over. I'm going to try some more of them.

Posts: 11292 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This is a Crowned Heads cigar that I really liked. They are back in stock so I figured I post it up. These are a cigar fed exclusive. CH did a limited release for the owner.

http://store.cigarfederation.c...?variant=19401413701

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
You should cut one open! ^^^^

I will. (And will post pics)

The one he gave me is an over-humidified mess so I put it on my desk to dry out. It chancing it by putting into one of my humidors.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Ronin those no-banded sticks must be even better than your two-band baller sticks!

Rock on rock star!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I will try the Don Carlos on your recommendation, Cameroon wrapper makes me nervous, they jus scream bland and boring to me. I found some 2014 God of fire anniversaries. those any good?

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
I will try the Don Carlos on your recommendation, Cameroon wrapper makes me nervous, they jus scream bland and boring to me. I found some 2014 God of fire anniversaries. those any good?

Don Carlos 80th is a wonderful stick. The regular Don Carlos is also good. Great with a cup of coffee

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2992 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
My Uzi Weighs A Ton (that's just too much fun with a name) Kentucky Fire Cured Just a Friend.

Do these count as infused cigars? I've got them on their own shelf but after smelling this one I may have to put them in their own humidor! If you could smoke a glass of Laphroaig I imagine this is what it would smell like in cigar form.

Once light the smokey peat disappears and it's a smooth draw. It reminds me very much of the Amazon Basins!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are not infused but use pipe tobacco in the filler. I forget which, but that is what gives it the smokey flavor.

This Man O War is my choice for tonight. I have not had a cigar in...feels like forever!

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected about the pipe tobacco. It is fire cured tobacco.
http://www.cigarsinternational...kentucky-fire-cured/

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The AJ Fernandez Spectre uses Latakia and has a similar flavor. I cant stomach either one. Id give them their own humidor unless you want that flavor to seep into your other smokes.

All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I stand corrected about the pipe tobacco. It is fire cured tobacco.
http://www.cigarsinternational...kentucky-fire-cured/

Yeah I was just kind of trying to be funny and make a joke about the infused. They are just VERY strong smelling when you pull them out of the cellophane. You can really smell the woodyness.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Here's a cautionary tale:

Got a "Cuban" that I wanted to share. I had already peeled a little before I start taking pictures, so we kind of jump in in the middle of the action.

Here was the band:

The wrapper is already gone, but here is what I found directly under it:

When I removed that it just disintegrated. Looks like mostly floor sweepings:

Ughhh... found lots of things like looked like this:

If you run out of floor sweepings, you can always add hair:

Good lord. It's just a little shop of horrors in my ash tray:

Grand Finale:

And that friends is why you never ever ever smoke a suspect Cuban.

Gross.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Some years ago, the gentleman I flew corporate for...just a great guy and best man for him at his wedding...was very generous and brought me a box of cigars from Mexico. I had never heard of the label, but threw them in my humidor to "settle" before smoking one. If I recall, the flavor wasn't that bad and it was a good smoke.

One day, about 3 or 4 weeks later, I opened my humidor to find tiny holes in the cellophane wrapper of my sticks and these tiny, itty, bitty bugs gadding about. Yup...you guessed it. Tobacco beetles. I never told him about it because it was such a nice gesture, but I learned a lesson there...don't buy any tobacco products from Mexico.

quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
Here's a cautionary tale:

Got a "Cuban".....

md-lucky...what led you to suspect the authenticity of your "Cuban"??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post