SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Official NHL thread..
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official NHL thread.. Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The Wild and Blues are in a dog fight. With half the Blues D corp out I thought the Wild could maybe finish this in five but we are in for at least six now. Don't know that it matters much because who ever wins gets to go in the meat grinder known as the Avalanche. Looks like the Av's could eliminate the Predators tonight then get the luxury of a few days rest before taking on the Blues or the Wild.

One of the announcers said the Blues have 9 forwards with at least 20 goals on the season. I thought I miss heard that. Looked it up and there are 9 forwards with 20 or more goals on the season. That's incredible. As good a year as the Avs are having they only have 7 above 20.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Way to go Blues!
The Wild had a good season and are going to make another run next year.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Good to see the ACTUAL Bruins team showed up to play last night. I don’t know who was playing the first five games, but I’m glad they were able to eke out games 3 and 4! Wink

Take that fighting spirit with you to game 7, boys!!!

LET’S GO BRUINS!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The Wild did exactly what we in Minnesota have been accustomed to. Flash the hope and then fail when it matters most. They played a embarrassingly terrible game last night when it should have been their best effort of the year.

The Wild are now facing salary cap hell from buying out the huge contracts they gave Zach Parise and Ryan Suter. The Wild are going to have to field a team on about $12.5 million less than all the other teams in the league the next three years. They Wild are going to be living off prospects entry level contract guys and bargain basement vets the next few years. They will not be this good again for a long time if ever.

Kaprizov their one legit and only super star they have ever had is not going to enjoy playing on a prospect team the next few years. His contract runs out right after they escape the salary cap situation. My guess he will want out of here and go somewhere where he can win a Cup.

Good luck to your Blues Chellim against those Av's they are a buzz saw right now.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry but what the fuck is wrong with Jordan Binnington? Throwing a water bottle at an opposing team player during a post game interview. This isn't on ice rallying the boys behavior. This is you've got a really big problem behavior. Get it together man you're a fucking professional.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I'm sorry but what the fuck is wrong with Jordan Binnington? Throwing a water bottle at an opposing team player during a post game interview. This isn't on ice rallying the boys behavior. This is you've got a really big problem behavior. Get it together man you're a fucking professional.

Jordan Bennington is a little bitch! He’s the definition of a spoiled man child. His multiple on ice temper tantrums toward opposing team players is an embarrassment to the NHL. Let the goon enforcers do the dirty work dumbass.

Posts: 3031 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
No love for

Nothing more exciting than a winning goal with 3.8 seconds in the game!

Was not this big from the source. If its too slow, let me know

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The Wild are shamefully done. They were out played on the ice and out coached on the bench. Disgraceful end to a stellar season but we have grown accustomed to that here in Minnesota. Think I'm liking the Canes now.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Again a sad Coyote fan.
Watching Domi and ranta excel. Listening to Tochett doing the announcing. Switched to the Avalanche to cheer up, but saw Kemper was doing a fine job.

AND to make it worse, I came from Hartford!

Posts: 1692 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Bolts!

Posts: 828 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I know goalies are high strung athletes. Crazy Eddie Belfour stories are numerous. Hell, Patrick Roy trashed Pierre Lacroix office once, and walked away from a team he was under contract to coach one week before the start of the season. Martin Brodeur took down his wife's sister at one point, but throwing an object during a live television interview is just childish bush league shit.

Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Go bolts!

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
David Perron wins the stupidest post season hockey player of the decade award. What a melt down. Gets fined 5k and NHL Player Safety missed him spearing Toews in the nuts. Way to dig a really big hole for your team there bud.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ The Blues are toast.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I think the Bolts are the team to beat. They've got the best goalie in the world, and he's playing like it.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Mike Smith just let a Calgary PK zone clear get past him for a Calgary goal. I've never seen that before.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Blues are still alive. Avs completely fall asleep in the last half of the third period. Completely squander a spectacular effort by MacKinnon. And Kuemper can't stop a beach ball with his glove hand.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
How in the name of Zeus’ butthole was that Avs goal NOT offside?!?! It’s been called offside since I was 9 years old! IDGAS what the NHL interpretation is…they simply fucked up and BLEW that call. What BULLSHIT!! Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
How in the name of Zeus’ butthole was that Avs goal NOT offside?!?! It’s been called offside since I was 9 years old! IDGAS what the NHL interpretation is…they simply fucked up and BLEW that call. What BULLSHIT!! Mad

That was off side all day long. I don’t buy he didn’t have control of the puck. He skated it in.

Now do either team remember how to play defense. Definitely makes for some exciting hockey.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I agree...CARRIED the puck in. This bullshit of he was touching it and then he wasn't and then he was again is total HORSESHIT!!!! Mad Mad Not that I care for either team (I'm a Bruins and Predators fan), but Hayzuse Christmas.....don't make shit up!! Everything else being equal, that game shoulda gone to OT tied 7-7 at the end of regulation.

In my 13 seasons of skating and officiating games, that would have been offside ALL day, ANY day!!! Refs/NHL TOTALLY blew that call...JSMFH.