SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Official NHL thread..
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official NHL thread.. Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I was hoping they didn't get a big name. That's not the type of help they need. We did save a little on the Jost/Sturm swap. I find it fascinating how teams swing back and forth between we need tough big players to we need skill players who are mostly smaller players. Roy wanting big and Sakic wanted skill. Sakic has added size players now.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
You will like Sturm. Bigger guy who can skate and plays hard. He had a hot streak going for awhile. I think him and Jost were a pretty even up trade. Sturm was never going to get off the fourth line here so he wanted out.

I think it's a wait and see if one benefits more from the change of scenery than the other.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
And, we just picked up Andrew Cogliano from the Sharks as per Bob McKenzie.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I didn't think my B's would make too many moves. The worst thing they're going through right now is Bergeron sidelined with some kind of infection issue. Not sure what/where the infection may have stemmed from, but they're taking all precaution to get it under control now before the playoffs. Besides, I think the top 8 in the East are solidified. I'd say it's pretty close that if one team cratered the rest of the season, they'd still be in.

Jake DeBrusk is the big story here. Not 2 months ago he was pulling a Denis Lemieux with his "trade me right f***ing now!". He caught on fire a little bit and I guess Sweeney was ready to pony up the dough.

It looks like they're adding some blue-line strength with Lindholm from the Ducks and Brown from Ottawa. We'll see how that goes. I would say the D-squad does need a little more depth. They have the core 4 of McAvoy, "can I buy a vowel" Grzelcyk, Carlo, and Clifton. Forbort and Reilly round out the starting 6, but dudes get hurt. Catch a puck on the ankle and all of a sudden you're out for the rest of the season and playoffs.

It'll be interesting. I love my B's, but I just don't see them drinking Champagne from Lord Stanley this year. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild beat Vegas last night but by god the way that Vegas team looked to lose to them would have been very bad news. Even at that they let Vegas hang around most of the game and let them dominate large chunks of the second period. There's excitement by bringing Fluery in and the new guy Deslauries scored a goal and was knocking people around which is what he was brought in to do and of course the crowd erupted at every hit. The goal was only his sixth of the year and was a bonus. You see this kind of excitement every time trades are made and new guys are pumping heavy adrenaline the first couple games on their new team but after ten games or so reality sets back in.

Middelton the other big bruiser they brought in didn't even play last night. I just don't know that becoming fight club is the style the Wild need but I guess time will tell. We got the Av's coming in next Sunday so that should be a reality check either way.

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Revive this thread heading into playoffs soon and today is trade dead line day. So the Wild have tapered off quite a bit and goal tending went south on them. So enter Marc Andrey Fluery. Not sure what to make of it. It's wait and see. Is Fluery better than what he showed in Chicago or was Chicago just that god awful? I didn't see enough Chicago games to get a feel for it.

Wild also trying to beef up the D getting Middelton from the Sharks for our back up goalie Kahkonen. Getting Tyson Jost from Colorado is the more interesting trade they've made so far. I think Jost has a lot of upside to him.

Fleury will definitely bolster the Wild's goal tending. He is an outstanding goalie that was on a team that stinks (Full disclosure: I am a lifelong 'Hawks fan). The only reason Chicago has the wins it has gotten so far, is due to Fleury. I wanted the Hawks to keep him around for another season or more, but, he was getting peppered every night and deserved to play on a better team.

Posts: 1299 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mo4040:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

Fleury will definitely bolster the Wild's goal tending.

Doesn't make me feel better that guy stoned us in the post season last year.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Can somebody explain line changes to me?

Can a team swap out players on the ice at any time?

Is one team required to initiate a line change before the other team can (and then it's a race to see who can swap out players the quickest)?

What are the rules (other than the player on the bench is "required" to wait until the other player leaves the ice)?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Is one team required to initiate a line change before the other team can (and then it's a race to see who can swap out players the quickest)?

What are the rules (other than the player on the bench is "required" to wait until the other player leaves the ice)?

I could but by the time I got done typing it would be incoherent.

Try this instead

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

I could but by the time I got done typing it would be incoherent.

Try this instead

Outstanding explanation, thank you.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wild beat Vegas last night but by god the way that Vegas team looked to lose to them would have been very bad news. Even at that they let Vegas hang around most of the game and let them dominate large chunks of the second period. There's excitement by bringing Fluery in...

Yeah, that was a good move to bring in Fluery.
It looks like the Wild, the Blues, and the Preds will be back and forth jockeying for playoff position behind the Avs.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24638 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Rangers baby, RANGERS!!

Posts: 7097 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the Coyotes confuse me.
We start to pick up a little speed and get some wins, THEN we trade the goalie?

Posts: 1692 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Well the Coyotes confuse me.
We start to pick up a little speed and get some wins, THEN we trade the goalie?

You still have Chycrun. I was actually hoping the Wild were going to take a run at getting him. But you got Jack McBain from us. You might have something there. Kind of weird that he refused to sign with us but decided to go to Arizona. I think he wants playing time. Lots of playing time, and he was more likely to get that in Arizona than he would with us.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
What is up with the Vegas front office not knowing a player they are trying to trade has a no trade cause in his contract?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
What is up with the Vegas front office not knowing a player they are trying to trade has a no trade cause in his contract?

Vegas is desperate to clear cap space. I think Dadanov would have cleared like five million off the books so they could have brought someone off of long term injured reserve before the playoffs started. They knew darn well what they were doing and were hoping it would slip through the cracks but it got picked up by the trade approval board.

Vegas has a lot of their talent on injured reserve and Eichel is not exactly lighting it up for them. As it looks now they are not making the playoffs.

posted Hide Post
Playoffs start Monday. The Wild get the Blues. Talking heads are saying this is the premiere match up in the first round and it very well could be. Wild has home ice advantage and they for sure will need it. Both these teams have been scorching hot the past 15 games. Kind of a shame one of them won't advance. I'll take my Wild in game seven in overtime!

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both these teams have been scorching hot the past 15 games. Kind of a shame one of them won't advance.

I agree… Go Blues!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24638 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Series Off to a good start.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Series Off to a good start.

Well that depends on who you are! Razz Just a terrible game for the Wild. They didn't play their game at all. Couldn't stay out of the penalty box and couldn't kill a penalty. Which they knew well in advance their special teams have been crap all year and they had to stay out of the box. With guys like Kaprizov and Fiala just to name two it's a complete mystery as to why the can't score on the power play.

Your Blues got exactly what they needed. Steal the first road game for the guaranteed split and if they can steal the next one it could be a hill too steep for the Wild to climb.