SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Official NHL thread..
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official NHL thread.. Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Fluery was stonewalling everyone in the playoffs last year. He was the sole reason we didn't beat Vegas in the first round. Still can't believe they lost to Montreal. Different story for him in Chicago this year but that team is a dumpster fire.

The Wild are a different team with Kaprizov this year. He's a points machine but it's kind of weird at the same time. He can skate around looking lost for two plus periods and then all of a sudden bust out for two points.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The Wild are going to be dangerous in the coming years. Getting out from under two very large and long contracts are going to give them space to grow.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
The Wild are going to be dangerous in the coming years. Getting out from under two very large and long contracts are going to give them space to grow.

Getting out from underneath those cap hits from those two contracts are going to be painful. They will get hit with about 15 million against the cap between Parise and Suter the next two years. Wild are in desperate need for a 1 or 2 center. They have Marco Rossi playing in Iowa and won't bring him up because they would burn his first year of his entry level contract and the Wild might lose him because of the cap hits they won't have the money to pay him. Rossi is hyped as possible NHL star center. He is dominating in the AHL but the Wild are between a rock and a hard place.

The Wild are going to lose some talent this off season. Fiala and or Dumba will be moved because we can't afford to pay them. If they can retain one it should be Fiala but it don't look like that's the way the Wild look at it. They are willing to put all their offensive eggs in one basket mainly Kaprizov and then hope that their secondary grinders chip in. They move Fiala they will have sellers remorse guaranteed. but I think the Wild will do everything they can to keep Dumba who is grossly over rated. His D can be terrible at times.

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I got the ESPN+ package specifically to watch hockey and one thing which is really weird - watching games when a Canadian team is home. No fans and piped in crowd noise.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I got the ESPN+ package specifically to watch hockey and one thing which is really weird - watching games when a Canadian team is home. No fans and piped in crowd noise.

Owners around the league are not impressed with Canada's draconian measures. They have cancelled many of the Canadian games to later in the season hoping they loosen the attendance restrictions. Owners don't like to pay their multi million dollar players to travel to play in front of no one. No fans means no revenue to share between the teams.

I'm sure it's being discussed how they may work around this if this covid stuff continues into next year and beyond. Let Canada form their own league or Canada travels to the U.S. to play games if they are not allowing fans and no U.S. travel to Canada.

Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I've been a fan for about 5years or so.
For the last 2 seasons I have gone to a lot of Panthers games with a good friend, he has a box and takes my son and I. It has been an absolute blast. The whole team is just amazing to watch. I wish I knew more about the game than I do.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5182 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I got the ESPN+ package specifically to watch hockey...
Just speaking to that, I have MANY suggestions for ESPN to improve their viewing for the customer. Their APP interface SUCKS compared to the NHL APP from previous years. I've written a couple of feedback e-mails, but I'm sure they fell on deaf ears. Oh well [shrug]...whadduya gonna do.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny story. I was in Montreal a few years back and with some friends and we stumbled into a bar around 6:00. By 7pm it was jam packed. The Habs were playing the Blackhawks.

A few minutes before the game starts an "MC/DJ" sets up shop in the bar. I'm thinking.....they are not going to play music during the game? Nope. They had a live broadcoaster in the bar calling the game. (in French Canadien, of course)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow Colorado's 18 game home winning streak is snapped by the Coyotes!?!

Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Flyers won! Yeah! Now I can get back to disappointment.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3944 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Wow Colorado's 18 game home winning streak is snapped by the Coyotes!?!

Had to end sometime. My main focus is advancing past the second round this year.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
In Dallas, we're dealing with a Jekyll-Hyde team. They pound Boston the other night, then blow a lead against Calgary and lose. It's been like that all season.

Posts: 4568 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
DAMMIT!!! I KNEW better than to read this thread. I hadn't seen Bruins v Dallas yet. Meh...I'll watch it anyway because I'm that big of a hockey nut and NEVER miss a Bruins game!! Razz

quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
In Dallas, we're dealing with a Jekyll-Hyde team. They pound Boston the other night, then blow a lead against Calgary and lose. It's been like that all season.
Oh dayum! That was UGLY!!! Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild lay another beating on the Blackhawks last night in a 5-0 shutout. The Wild are playing well but damn Chicago is a mess. I hope for Fluery's sake he gets out of there.

posted Hide Post
quote:
"Who has the most annoying NHL fan base?"

How did was that not a SOLID win for the Canadiens?! Une abominable feuille d'érable sur la glace indeed. Mad

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2149 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Let’s go Caps.

Tom Wilson’s heading to the All Star Game. Fun to read comments online about all the hate there.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah - you would think Wilson might get the same brand of tough guy love that John Scott got a few years back.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was a huge hockey fan from the NE but sadly ended up here in AZ.
Coyotes just can't do it. Rumor is they will be sold and moved.
Front Office doesn't help when they "forgot" to pay 3 million in rent to Glenndale, who threw them out.

Did go to the Tampa opener with my son. Wild game, but they lost

Posts: 1692 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Coyotes just can't do it. Rumor is they will be sold and moved.
I heard they were going to be moved to a facility that would house only 5,000 spectators. They might not even be able to sell THAT place out. That's why I was ALWAYS opposed to an NHL team coming to Houston. I just don't think this city could support a team with the exorbitant ticket and crazy stupid concession prices, and on top of that parking fees. Shoot...it would cost a family of 4 upwards to $500 or MORE to see a game from the rafters and have a bucket of popcorn and a hot dog...shared among the family. Want warm, weasel-piss beer? Oh...that'll be $15.

Yeah...that's a bit much for me. Besides...there's too much competition for the entertainment dollar in this town. There's too much to do, as opposed to a smaller town who's one main attraction just might be the hockey team.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Rumors have swirled around the Yotes franchise for years. I've heard scuttle butt that the NHL might buy the franchise at move it to the next city on the expansion list to solve this ongoing problem.