SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Official NHL thread..
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official NHL thread.. Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
…it's a complete mystery as to why the (sic) can't score on the power play.
Don’t feel like you’re alone. My B’s are in a Power Play funk like they were in 2011 when they brought Lord Stanley home. Maybe that’s an omen…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least you guys are in the playoffs. My Red Wings are still way out of contention. Maybe with a new coach and some good draft picks... You know just like last year, and the year before...

Posts: 26 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
How was that not a double minor in the caps/panthers game. High stick to the face with blood and just two minutes. That’s shouldn’t even be a questionable call.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wingsfan:
At least you guys are in the playoffs. My Red Wings are still way out of contention. Maybe with a new coach and some good draft picks... You know just like last year, and the year before...

Don't remember the kids name, but you've got one hell of a young defensemen. And, I remember your team having one hell of a run for about...15 years.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
quote:
Originally posted by Wingsfan:

Don't remember the kids name, but you've got one hell of a young defensemen. And, I remember your team having one hell of a run for about...15 years.

Moritz Zeider. Calder Cup candidate but I'll guess Trevor Zegras gets that award. As a long time suffering Minnesota North Star/Wild fan I have a hard time feeling to much sympathy for the Red Wings fans. From the Russian Five and after that you had some glory days for sure.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
And, after the Russian Five they went on to draft Datsyuk with the 171st pick. And, Zetterberg with the 210th pick. Both became franchise players that went on to win 2 cups. That is off the charts luck with late round draft picks.

Posts: 7651 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coyotes! Down 4 goals and come back for the win in final Glendale game.

The pain is over for the year. Not sure how a 5k seat shared rink is going to help.

Posts: 1692 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
God, I really feel for you guys. I still remember our 47 point season.

posted Hide Post
Good luck to you Coyote fans. That team has been begging to be relocated but the NHL is not going to allow that. They want to be in that market and that's how it will be. I don't see how that team can generate any revenue in a 5000 seat arena for a number of years. Owners will tell you now it takes a deep run in the playoffs in full size arenas that are packed every night to start making any real money. That may be a bit over stated but I don't think it's too far from the truth.

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And, after the Russian Five they went on to draft Datsyuk with the 171st pick. And, Zetterberg with the 210th pick. Both became franchise players that went on to win 2 cups. That is off the charts luck with late round draft picks.

Yes they hit the lottery with those two. And then had Chelios for like 10 years as well. If you haven't seen the ESPN special the Russian Five I suggest you watch it very intriguing on how they got those guys over here.

Last summer I was introduced to a retired home builder who was from Ireland but had been here for years. Master carpenter and highly talented. He was a subcontrator for a friend of his who was the general contractor. They built only multi million dollar high end homes. We got to talking and the subject of hockey came up. Turns out he's a big hockey fan. I brought up the Russian five and Federov specifically.

His face got all serious and in his thick accent he said don't talk to me about Federov or any of those Russians! Of course I had to ask. Turns out they built a multi million dollar home for Federov I believe it was in Colorado. They couldn't get the money out of him when they finished. Turns out that the Russian mob set his buddy up somehow on a trumped up tax evasion charge and reported him to the IRS. When all was said and done his buddy was ruined and spent four years in a low security white collar crime prison. I didn't press for details on exactly how all of it worked but he was dead serious.

He said all of the Russian athletes were tightly controlled by the Russian mafia.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have seen the show. I knew the mafia tried to get their hooks into the players, but didn't know just how successful they were.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Campbell is really shitting the crease tonight.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
. How much time do you get in the penalty box for that?

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Depends on your point of view. Its bad if your a Maple Leaf's fan, but you're delighted if your a Tampa Bay fan. The Toronto goalie is having a very bad game.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well…my Predators are on the way out. Ingram has played outta his skull, but the Avs are just too much. To lose a Soros right at the end of the season is devastating…irreplaceable. I think it’ll be a sweep tomorrow night. Sad to say…

My B’s, on the other hand…… Cool Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wild and Blues are in a dog fight. With half the Blues D corp out I thought the Wild could maybe finish this in five but we are in for at least six now. Don't know that it matters much because who ever wins gets to go in the meat grinder known as the Avalanche. Looks like the Av's could eliminate the Predators tonight then get the luxury of a few days rest before taking on the Blues or the Wild.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Go Stars.

That is all.

Posts: 5060 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't know that it matters much because who ever wins gets to go in the meat grinder known as the Avalanche. Looks like the Av's could eliminate the Predators tonight then get the luxury of a few days rest before taking on the Blues or the Wild.

Well, you can't win if you don't get the chance to play.
Either the Blues or the Wild will get a shot at the Av's. Should be exciting.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Well…my Predators are on the way out. Ingram has played outta his skull, but the Avs are just too much. To lose a Soros right at the end of the season is devastating…irreplaceable. I think it’ll be a sweep tomorrow night. Sad to say…

I feel your pain. That was the Avs two years ago. Down to our third string goalie at one point. Played well but ultimately fell to the Sharks in seven.