SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are you fixed for ammunition?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you fixed for ammunition? Login/Join 
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I still buy 556 762 and 9mm when there is a deal to be had but I'm good if things set off tonight.

I'm good with food and water for my family of 9 for about 2 months then its beans and beans for dinner from there on out untill summer harvest.

What I am not prepared for is prescription medications and that will be our downfall, either by running out or losing the fight to acquire them should they go on ration.

I also need more protective gear and extra gear for family of fighting age.

lastly training is my greatest deficiency. I have begun taking courses and it has opened my eyes to reality opposed to video and movies. However skills are gained through experience for me and I have limited experience other then sitting at a benchrest still.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nickelsig229,

First In Last Out

Posts: 4896 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
GTG on common calibers- 5.56, 9mm, 45acp, and especially .22LR. Could do better on .380acp, and since getting back into the AK47 game recently (Zastava ZPAP), I need to get more cases of 7.62X39 (yes, at 2023 pricing Eek), since I only had a case and half of it from the cheap years. Good on mags all around, long guns and handguns.

But like Para posted, get ammo, and mags, damn the pricing, now. 'Cause things might drastically change in the near future.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ammo, Ass, Money and Horsepower,
A few things that you can never have enough of!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8553 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Buy more ammo.
Load more ammo.
Is always good advice.
I would never disclose specifics but I am in good shape.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Between what I have on hand plus what I can reload, I'm good.

Although, the only way you can have "too much" ammo would mean it would throw off the orbit of the earth.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8367 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fine on most calibers, but I just bought another couple of cases of 9mm anyways, along with several cases of 12ga in an assortment of loads.

Needs: 7.62x51/.308, since I now have an AR-10 in the caliber that I've been ignoring over the past year since I bought it. I'm always on the lookout for cheaper 300BLK, particularly the subsonic stuff. And I can always use more 10mm, thanks to my very hungry CMMG Banshee. Another case or two of .270WIN Hornady ELD-X would be a nice get, but I already have enough to hunt with until my personal end of days.

-MG

Posts: 2241 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
As far as ammo goes, I stocked up pre-Kommiefornia ban and was feeling pretty comfortable until I added some more calibers. Sigh…

Posts: 7106 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Ronin 101 and sigarmsp226, I was able to address a 12 gauge deficiency and order up some 00 buck despite a preference for #4 buck.

Does anyone know of a source for reasonably priced #4 buck?

Posts: 7389 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have a good supply of ammo for my rifles and my handguns. I have been training a lot and will probably start slowing down my ammo consumption. I’ll add as funds allow.

Posts: 3037 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Confession time - I don't have an AR15 or anything similar. I do have 3 Ruger ranch rifles and multiple genuine Ruger 20 rd mags. Enough ammo.

I'm also using .40 s&w & 9mm. I was right place right time about 20 yrs ago when Atlanta pd was dumping Ruger PC pistol caliber carbines and got a couple of .40 cal and a couple 9mm. Use common mags and match em with a pistol that takes same mag and your good.

Posts: 4837 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I have a small stack. Bought some 9mm rounds yesterday. Looking for a good bulk deal on other calibers to close this week.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty well situated on the calibers I use, 9mm, 40SW, 45ACP, 223/556. 243 Win, 308/7.62, 22lr, 22WMR and 17HMR. I also have the necessary parts to make more.

Posts: 4102 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t foresee any issues

Inherited all my father’s stock. We always split bulk buys

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6304 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I'm good with more than I'll likely be able to shoot in next 10 years. Have long range, close in, back ups, and more than I'll put in a vehicle. I did most buying when things were more reasonably priced.

However unlikely, if TSHTF what I want is what many of us really need, is a fort with friends like you guys Big Grin

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2089 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Beans, bullets and silver....

Posts: 843 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have lots of magazines. For everything. I learned my lesson in New York and left Washington, but not before it was looking like I'd get stuck with the whole ten round horseshit, so I have nearly a lifetime or two supply of magazines for everything I have that needs them.

I wish I'd ordered a few more cases of 5.56 before the fall, but I drove back from New York last month with probably close to four hundred pounds of ammo in older service calibers that I need to sort and take stock of, so I might be able to trade for stuff I want.

I'm onto prepping food and water next, for all the reasons any of us would keep lots of ammo. If there's money in the budget, I'm going to get a natural gas powered generator and get that hardwired into the house, and try to build something around it to bounce the sound up and less just straight out into the neighborhood for everyone to hear. We have solar, but it's not nearly enough. If the power goes out during the summer for any appreciable amount of time, things are going to get real interesting here.

Posts: 17704 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I have enough such that there'll be a nice pile of brass underneath my body.

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm ok on ammo but short on primers so I need to look for those. I have very little replacement parts so that is another area I need to look at. You can never have enough mags so there is that as well.

Good thread...thanks for the reminder.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
I am good on ammo and such but I will be buying more and soon. Of late I have been putting in a pitcher pump well and closing off access to my farm. I will control access and defend as needed .

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1499 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm good. Thanks for asking. Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post