SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Israel Destroys Hamas Intel HQ
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Israel Destroys Hamas Intel HQ Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sigolicious, very interesting.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
PLO and Hamas, Nazi leftovers; burn 'em out branch and root.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Paraphrasing Lincoln- a house divided cannot stand. It must become all one thing, or all another.

Nuclear weapons are the wildcard in the Middle East. You don't want to be on this planet when all of that starts over there. It's only a matter of time.

Why not. To see the good guys defeat the bad guys and assimilate the land, that sounds good not bad. What's the difference if Israel nukes the bad guys or levels them with conventional weaponry ? You just can't keep giving the bullies more lunch money, it makes them worse. Punch them back so they will stop. If they're not convinced with force level 1, use force level 2. And if you still can't convince them to leave be, then you may push the damned button if they force you to do so. Because that's why they exist, when all other reasonable alternatives fail, unless you prefer eating garbage, torture, execution, being a slave or range target, or much worse things I couldn't imagine.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The precision is remarkable. And what the heck do they use to kill everyone in the car but not blow it to a million pieces?

Senior Islamist commander is 'killed in Israeli airstrike' after dozens of jets pounded Gaza overnight in 'heaviest bombardment since fighting began' as death toll rises to 211

A senior Palestinian militant commander has been killed in an Israeli airstrike, the country's air force has claimed, following a night of heavy bombardment that saw more than a hundred bombs dropped on Gaza.

Hussam Abu Harbid, commander of the Northern Division of Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), was killed in a strike on Monday, according to the Israeli air force as airstrikes continued into Monday afternoon.

Harbid was behind rocket attacks against Israel including several launched on the first day of the most-recent clashes, the Israeli air force said, and had been a commander within PIJ for at least 15 years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-toll-rises-207.html

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Well no wonder. The airbsgs didn't deploy and save him. Smile

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^I wonder if that was a hit by the flying ginzu weapon?

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I’m interested to know what munition was used in destroying “the metro”.
I imagine the death toll is much higher as I’m sure people were buried in the tunnels.

Prevailing theory is the GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb. Specifically the GBU-39A/B – SDB Focused Lethality Munition (FLM).

quote:
a version of the SDB I which replaces the steel casing with a lightweight composite casing and the warhead with a focused-blast explosive such as Dense Inert Metal Explosive (DIME). This should further reduce collateral damage when using the weapon for pin-point strikes in urban areas.

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Dropping a dime on someone", doesn't it? Wink

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:

I don't have any experience with military munitions but this looks more like a flying shotgun than a ginzu. That car was peppered by small diameter pellets - look at the way the steering wheel cover was shredded

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 412 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

pay particular attention to the explosion at 1:20.

Explanation of Dense Inert Metal Explosive

I would like to see a photo of the spot on the ground where the car was actually impacted (not where it rolled to a stop), I'm sure it would be quite telling. If you look at the roof of the vehicle, you can see it was clearly perforated in a consistent manner. I'd say without a doubt it was a GBU 39 FLM.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJG:
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:

I don't have any experience with military munitions but this looks more like a flying shotgun than a ginzu. That car was peppered by small diameter pellets - look at the way the steering wheel cover was shredded

The claymore mine is literally a backing plate with explosive and covered in ball bearings...when it goes off it is akin to a shotgun.

Other anti-air missiles/anti air artillery shells don’t actually strike the target airplane but explode at or near the target, as the aircraft is going so fast it self destructs when hit with shrapnel.

I imagine the missile/bomb used on the car had a proximity fuse and detonated a few feet above the target sending shrapnel into the car-lessening the risk of bystanders being injured by parts of the car becoming shrapnel

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pretty amazing weapons system. Damn, that's a lot of ammo.

https://fb.watch/5yXMK9WwrB/

ETA: disregard. It's a freaking video game.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The precision is remarkable. And what the heck do they use to kill everyone in the car but not blow it to a million pieces?

The intel is remarkable, too.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

The intel is remarkable, too.

The real time intel is amazing. I'm assuming Mossad has a large presence on the ground.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Pretty amazing weapons system. Damn, that's a lot of ammo.

https://fb.watch/5yXMK9WwrB/

It’s a video game

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
New Yorkers screaming Intifada, Intifada, Intifada in the last video of this tweet thread. Man these big city liberals love violent insurrection in which the insurrectionists and their cause are hurt.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

It’s a video game

D'oh!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love to have the ammo contract for that program. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

That plane is fucking magnificent. Just saying...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yes, it is...Absolutely Magnificent! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
New Yorkers screaming Intifada, Intifada, Intifada in the last video of this tweet thread. Man these big city liberals love violent insurrection in which the insurrectionists and their cause are hurt.

And now this:

"Black Lives Matter stands in solidarity with Palestinians. We are a movement committed to ending settler colonialism in all forms and will continue to advocate for Palestinian liberation. ( always have. And always will be ).
#freepalestine"

https://twitter.com/Blklivesma.../1394289672101064704

Because you know, the Israelis have been there for 4000 years, and Islam didn't even exist until less than 1000 years ago. So who are the colonialists? The "Palestinians" and their leaders are Arabs from Egypt, Jordan, and other Arab countries. But never let history or facts upset a good narrative.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post