SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Israel Destroys Hamas Intel HQ
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Israel Destroys Hamas Intel HQ Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
I remember hearing of a method of destroying the Vietcong tunnel networks during the Vietnam war. Some sort of flammable fog was pumped in to a tunnel and ignited. I was under the impression it was some sort of a fuel mix that was atomized into a fog.

Seems that would be pretty effective if access to one end of the tunnel was available. I don’t know if that would produce enough force to collapse a tunnel or just neutralize terrorists hiding inside.

Seems more cost effective than air bombardment.

Anyone ever hear of this?

Yes, it's called a Fuel/Air Explosive. The Russians have a shoulder-launched version of it as well as a multiple tube launcher. Also called Hyperbaric - WAAAAAAY-over-pressure weapons, they are great for emptying all kinds of holes - trenches, buildings, tunnels.

BTW, I can't help but wonder why the Palestinians, so skilled in concrete tunnel building, didn't use some of the few billion dollars given to them by Israel to improve their infrastructure to build roads, hospitals, schools, y'know?

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That ship sailed with McCarthy. We now have enough Muslims in the country as naturalized citizens, and now natives that they have electoral influence to the point of being able to elect the occasional Congresscritter. There's no way to reverse this with out gutting/ignoring the constitution.

So basically that ship has sailed already.

quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Our country has been way too tolerant of the Palestinians and allowing people in our own country to run for office, who side with them. We need to bring back the commie hearings of the 50's and 60's but I am afraid we are way late to that game. Our stupid derelicts in office don't seem to grasp handing any money to these terrorists will never bring peace, only more war.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ And this is exactly what they will do - use our Constitutional guarantees of freedom of thought, speech, religion, and expression, and our tolerance of opposing views to destroy our Constitution.

Posts: 4722 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
So do you want to destroy the constitution to "save" it?

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
^^^ And this is exactly what they will do - use our Constitutional guarantees of freedom of thought, speech, religion, and expression, and our tolerance of opposing views to destroy our Constitution.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Gotta love it! Anybody know what that phrase he kept shouting means? Sounded like "yo-lah!".

Oh, God! God protect me! Oh, God! God! God! God!
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
I remember hearing of a method of destroying the Vietcong tunnel networks during the Vietnam war. Some sort of flammable fog was pumped in to a tunnel and ignited. I was under the impression it was some sort of a fuel mix that was atomized into a fog.

Seems that would be pretty effective if access to one end of the tunnel was available. I don’t know if that would produce enough force to collapse a tunnel or just neutralize terrorists hiding inside.

Seems more cost effective than air bombardment.

Anyone ever hear of this?

Yes, it's called a Fuel/Air Explosive. The Russians have a shoulder-launched version of it as well as a multiple tube launcher. Also called Hyperbaric - WAAAAAAY-over-pressure weapons, they are great for emptying all kinds of holes - trenches, buildings, tunnels.

If Israel had troops on the ground (like infantry) in the built-up, urban areas, they would be using thermobaric grenades on those tunnels. Afghanistan saw them used on tunnel/cave complexes by SOF units. Without a mass of troop to go rooting-around looking for the entrances/exits, easier to stick a bomb with a delayed fuse on top of the tunnel.
quote:
BTW, I can't help but wonder why the Palestinians, so skilled in concrete tunnel building, didn't use some of the few billion dollars given to them by Israel to improve their infrastructure to build roads, hospitals, schools, y'know?

You'd have thought....

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Would someone mind sharing a couple solid, unbiased links referencing the history of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict please?

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
Would someone mind sharing a couple solid, unbiased links referencing the history of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict please?

Here are several links to get you started. From there, I recommend a solid web search to keep diving into the parts you find interesting. Keep in mind, this is only covering the past 100 years - and the conflict has been ongoing for nearly 2000 years -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...d_Palestine_campaign

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947–1949_Palestine_war

Posts: 490 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
quote:

Here are several links to get you started. From there, I recommend a solid web search to keep diving into the parts you find interesting. Keep in mind, this is only covering the past 100 years - and the conflict has been ongoing for nearly 2000 years -

CaspianReport on YouTube has a video about the conflict and other geopolitical reports for various countries and regions. I can’t speak to the accuracy in their reporting since I’ve only started watching a few of their videos.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
That’s the problem with most of these young radicals. They have been taught lies and half truths to the point that their minds and hearts are poisoned.

These people are prevalent on reddit. Not only is Israel "colonizing" Gaza, they're committing genocide on the Palestinians. And Al Jazeera is just a poor misunderstood "news" organization.

It's mind boggling how much they think they know about the region when they really know nothing about the region.

It's not a Reddit problem, whole generations of people think such things now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
quote:

It goes back to Romans and Judea. 100 years doesn't even scratch the surface. Muslims didn't even exist at that time, nor for the 500-600 years afterwards. It's pretty clear from history that it is Jewish lands. Pick any point after 700 bc and it gets a little muddier. Either way historically and biblically it's Jewish lands.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one loving the cold-ass mic drop in their second tweet on pg 1? "I guess our intel was better!"

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Sadly, the civilian casualties on both sides are the ones that feel the onslaught.

For Hamas, their perception of the civilian casualties on the Gaza side, strengthen the Hamas standing in the propaganda and information war.

This 2000 year old conflict now has a more modern version of rock throwing - rockets.

And will continue until Hamas stop firing, or run out of an estimated 5-6,000 rocket arsenal.

Tel Aviv, Ben-Gurion airport and Jerusalem are in range as well.

The R-160, M-302D, M302-B, J-80, M-75, Fajr-5 and the Buraq-70, just to name a few variances.

2000+ years of conflict.
Israeli friends remain stoic.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:I imagine the death toll is much higher as I’m sure people were buried in the tunnels.

One can only hope.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.powerlineblog.com/...ultz-a-correcton.php

Lying Associated Press

story from 2014:

former AP correspondent and editor Matti Friedman’s 2014 column:

The AP staff in Gaza City would witness a rocket launch right beside their office, endangering reporters and other civilians nearby—and the AP wouldn’t report it, not even in AP articles about Israeli claims that Hamas was launching rockets from residential areas. (This happened.)

Hamas fighters would burst into the AP’s Gaza bureau and threaten the staff—and the AP wouldn’t report it. (This also happened.)

Cameramen waiting outside Shifa Hospital in Gaza City would film the arrival of civilian casualties and then, at a signal from an official, turn off their cameras when wounded and dead fighters came in, helping Hamas maintain the illusion that only civilians were dying. (This too happened; the information comes from multiple sources with firsthand knowledge of these incidents.)

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It seems like the people inhabiting Gaza have some religious based desire to live in that vicinity. But if they don't like it and they are aligned with Iran, why don't they get migrated to Iran, forcibly if necessary?

And I just don't understand global opinions that consider ISR as an apartheid. Do people not remember that they were held as slaves? Or how about the gross persecution under Nazis?

Where are all the woke people that think blacks were unfairly treated? How about an ILM movement? That would be considerably and honestly more justifiable than this stupid BLM shit.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/midd...ine-miles-of-tunnel/

The Israeli military unleashed a series of precision airstrikes on the Gaza Strip early Monday morning, destroying nine miles of terrorist tunnels and the homes of Hamas commanders.

The latest attacks killed a local Gaza leader of the Islamic Jihad militant group, according to the Israeli military, which blamed him for some of the thousands of terror rocket attacks launched at Israel and now entering their second week.

“Senior Palestinian Islamic Jihad commander Hassam Abu-Arbid was killed in an Israeli airstrike in the northern Gaza Strip Monday afternoon as rockets fired from the blockaded enclave continued to be fired towards southern Israel communities,”

video at link

IDF: "This is the moment we targeted Islamic Jihad Northern Division Commander in Gaza, Hussam Abu Harbid.

As an Islamic Jihad commander for 15 years, he was behind rocket launches, shootings, & anti-tank missile attacks on Israel.

He won't be committing any more terrorist attacks."

Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I’m interested to know what munition was used in destroying “the metro”.
I imagine the death toll is much higher as I’m sure people were buried in the tunnels.

Prevailing theory is the GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb. Specifically the GBU-39A/B – SDB Focused Lethality Munition (FLM).

quote:
a version of the SDB I which replaces the steel casing with a lightweight composite casing and the warhead with a focused-blast explosive such as Dense Inert Metal Explosive (DIME). This should further reduce collateral damage when using the weapon for pin-point strikes in urban areas.

Here is a frame of a film from a recent strike.

F-15E Eagle can haul 20x250lb GBU-39. That's a whole lot of precision, through the basement window, and wreck you shit in one bomb truck!

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a whole lot of precision, through the basement window, and wreck you shit in one bomb truck!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
That's a whole lot of precision, through the basement window, and wreck you shit in one bomb truck!

Israel: Knock Knock.
Terrorist: Who's There?
Israel: Jew know who!

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post