SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Trans Olympic Athlete: ‘My Goal Is To Win The Olympics So I Can Burn A U.S. Flag On The Podium’
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Trans Olympic Athlete: ‘My Goal Is To Win The Olympics So I Can Burn A U.S. Flag On The Podium’ Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Get with the twisted wet towel & get to snapping the wet towel at his Willy. He’ll get to moving quick!

The ladies shouldn’t have to put up with his con game. The man needs to be institutionalized ASAP!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Lifted this from the opening line of one of the articles, the copy just writes itself Big Grin

“Transgender University of Pennsylvania swimmer Lia Thomas was crushed in the 100-meter breaststroke, ……”

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see him line up to start a race with all the ladies, and when the gun sounds and he dives in, all the ladies just stand there. Maybe they could all tie for 2nd place.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
World swimming's governing body bans transgender athletes who went through male puberty including Lia Thomas from taking part in female races and says it will set up a separate 'open category' link

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Not anymore, Pinchy!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This burning of our flag is just cause for righteous American loving countrymen to beat the stuffings out of said flag burners.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
World swimming's governing body bans transgender athletes who went through male puberty including Lia Thomas from taking part in female races and says it will set up a separate 'open category' link
What a complete and total crock of crap in terms of how FINA tried to split the baby on this one. Transitioned genders before age 12? Really? How about if you have an XY chromosome you can't compete in female sports. Simple, realistic, and correlates with science. Also tends to check the ethical box. But I guess that was too complicated for this organization. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Transgender athlete

That’s almost an oxymoron

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, they're not going to allow trans athletes, who've transitioned after a certain age to compete HOWEVER, they're going to create a whole new 'category'? Who's watching or, showing up?

- Women > to Men
- Men > to Women

....and, how many of these trans competitors are really 'world class' or, is it just an excuse for 'them' to continue playing this sport on a global level?

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Interesting how there doesn't seem to be a lot of XXs trying to compete in men's sports.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s easy. None of them.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
... HOWEVER, they're going to create a whole new 'category'? Who's watching or, showing up?

I'll make a prediction, based on discussions I've had with others recently (and based on pro-level assumptions, rather than NCAA-type events): the answer to your question will be "relatively few." What will follow is that the members of the new categories will complain that they're not paid/compensated/paid-attention-to as well as members of the [predominant] existing categories. (WNBA, anyone?)

The economic reality is that events in the new categories simply won't get the viewership (read: attention) that the mainstream categories get, and thus will bring in fewer advertising dollars. Bring in less money --> pay participants less. Lower-paid participants complain --> protests. Protests --> shouting: "we have to pay these people more!" and attempts to pull (force/guilt/extort) dollars from other sources -- sources who likely don't care the first bit about the program/event to begin with.

It'll be a goat-rope.

But that's just my uneducated opinion and hypothesis.... Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

....and, how many of these trans competitors are really 'world class' or, is it just an excuse for 'them' to continue playing this sport on a global level?

I looked at his times on the Meet Mobile app and the 22 yo swimmer in this thread is not competitive as a male at the college level. His times are competitive with college females, but not at the national level let alone international.

Nobody really watches swim to begin with, so the pool of people wanting to watch transgender swimmers is really shallow.

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
They already have that division, it's called the mens division and anyone can compete in it.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
When I was in 5th grade, I used to creep out of bed and watch Monty Python on PBS holding onto the volume in case it suddenly got too loud.

When I first saw this sketch, I never imagined how far this crap could and would go. Or that it might ever have a real basis in actual society.

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I remember way back in the mid-'70s when Renee Richards petitioned the USTA to be allowed to play in the US Open in the women's division.

During the controversy, Johnny Carson said in one of his opening monologues:

"It looks like they've created a new category for Dr. Renee Richards for the US Open---"mixed singles."

The audience roared with laughter. Today, Carson would have been banned from television for life.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yup...he would be. And if memory serves, Renee Richards SUCKED as a tennis player. Seems previously having swung a twig and berries wasn't enough to keep from getting his ass kicked by the women of the WTA.

It's a Peter Griffin moment....grinds my gears!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
... HOWEVER, they're going to create a whole new 'category'? Who's watching or, showing up?

I'll make a prediction, based on discussions I've had with others recently (and based on pro-level assumptions, rather than NCAA-type events): the answer to your question will be "relatively few." What will follow is that the members of the new categories will complain that they're not paid/compensated/paid-attention-to as well as members of the [predominant] existing categories. (WNBA, anyone?)

The economic reality is that events in the new categories simply won't get the viewership (read: attention) that the mainstream categories get, and thus will bring in fewer advertising dollars. Bring in less money --> pay participants less. Lower-paid participants complain --> protests. Protests --> shouting: "we have to pay these people more!" and attempts to pull (force/guilt/extort) dollars from other sources -- sources who likely don't care the first bit about the program/event to begin with.

It'll be a goat-rope.

But that's just my uneducated opinion and hypothesis.... Wink

Not to mentioned colleges/universities will be required to fund these club or teams in the name of equity. Can you imagine the cost and oversight for the occasional trans athlete?

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post