SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Trans Olympic Athlete: ‘My Goal Is To Win The Olympics So I Can Burn A U.S. Flag On The Podium’
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Trans Olympic Athlete: ‘My Goal Is To Win The Olympics So I Can Burn A U.S. Flag On The Podium’ Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

The olympics has included some pretty humorous competitions for some time now. Razz

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
My wife sent me the bit about the man qualifying as a woman for weightlifting for some country’s Olympic team. I shrugged and said, “It’s a shame. You women had a good run. No woman will ever win physical feats against a human who’s chromosomes are programmed to <MALE HUMAN>.”

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9156 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ New Zealand.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^^ New Zealand.
It's a beautiful country and the inhabitants are nice, but they've got some screwy folks in charge there. (So do we . . . .)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think one year they shot live pigeons.

There also was an Olympic sport of 1 handed weight lifting as well as rope climbing. Like in gym class. And don’t forget the medal they gave out for kite flying.

Have no fear, I’m a lead pipe cinch to make the Rock Paper Scissors US team in 2024…

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Let's petition the IOC to add the ancient New World team sport Pok A Tok (Mayan version) or Tlatchli (Aztec version).

Reportedly, they had men's teams and womens teams and co-ed teams, so it shouldn't be hard to slide in a few modern trans-thletes.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Let's petition the IOC to add the ancient New World team sport Pok A Tok (Mayan version) or Tlatchli (Aztec version).

Reportedly, they had men's teams and womens teams and co-ed teams, so it shouldn't be hard to slide in a few modern trans-thletes.

It'll be pretty hard to find competitors willing take part in a 'sport' where the losers are clubbed to death using obsidian war clubs. Means that there can be no 'best-loser' play-offs.

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Had to google it, weird or Odd Olympic Events

1 Rope Climbing - 1896 1906 1924 1932
2 Race Walking
3 Tug of War
4 Swimming Obstacle Course - 1900
5 Tandem Bicycle Sprint
6 Underwater Swimming
7 Hot Air Ballooning - 1900
8 Equestrian Dressage
9 Solo Synchronized Swimming
10 Town Planning 1928 to 1948
11 3000m Steeplechase (1896 - present) To me, this event just looks random. ...
12 Motor Boating (1908) Unsurprisingly this event didn't make it past one Olympic appearance.
13 Horse Long Jump (1900) ...
14 Horse High Jump (1900)
15 Trampoline
16 Badminton
17 Canoe Slalom
18 Canoe Sprint
19 Handball
20 Ping Pong aka Table Tennis
21 Live Pigeon Shooting
22 Croquet
23 Jeu de paume
24 Pelota or Jai Alai
25 Plunge for Distance
26 Running Deer Shooting

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Town Planning

Just had to google it myself. In addition to planning your ultimate city, apparently architecture, painting, literature, music and sculpture were also Olympic events at one time or another as well. The founder of the modern Olympics thought that the arts needed to be part of the celebration as much as athletic competition, so for a few decades these were competitive categories.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Wait.
Wait just a damn minute.
"MOTORBOATING."?

Heehee.HeeeeheeeeeeeHAWHAWHAW*cough*

Sorry.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I remember a book my dad had that was written by some comedian. He had a segment on how boring some Olympic sports were and ideas on how to fix them.
“On Syncronized Swimming: I dunno, throw a toaster in the pool I guess.”

Notice how all the trans atheletes compete as women and not men … big fucking clue right there huh.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Screw the Olympics. I lost interest when they refused to allow skydiving as an Olympic sport but allow the game of curling.

^^^^^ Yeah, thats a sport!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You're kidding.

Curling is very sporty, its a combination of shuffleboard and 3D Chess with elements of wrestling, bobsledding and Chinese Checkers.

Bruce Lee and Sun Tzu and Barney Oldfield would have been an awesome team.

Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
So, this is a dude, competing with women. And he STILL didn't qualify for one of three spots. Time to quit, dude.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Curling? Any "sport" in which you can drink beer while umm sporting is not a sport.

None of these oddball things metioned in this thread should be Olympic events. That they are/were does not legitimize BMX as an Olympic event. All that is proven by the inclusion of these oddball evets is that members of the Olympic Committee sometimes make poor decisions based upon trends, political climate and the like.

Some of you guys want to get mad and take it personally that I and others are scoffing at the idea that peddling a little bike around a dirt track is somehow worthy of a place on the world stage. Well, you're just going to have to get mad.

And synchronized swimming? Please. Roll Eyes Slow movements in a swimming pool. Oh, my, yes, that is so very worthy of Gold, Silver and Bronze, isn't it? Pathetic and laughable.

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Wait.
Wait just a damn minute.
"MOTORBOATING."?

Heehee.HeeeeheeeeeeeHAWHAWHAW*cough*

Sorry.

Now that's an Olympic event I'd watch

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/Vv368yWOSas

The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat.

I grew up hearing that every Saturday afternoon.

But, back to the topic. I've never met Chelsea Wolfe, but I don't like its attitude.

By the way, if you do a net search for images "Chelsea Wolfe", be sure your browser family safe filter is set to strict or at least moderate. My delicate constitution was severely shaken by images not meant to be seen by persons easily offended.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
We aren’t even talking about BMX racing, it competes in Freestyle BMX. It’s gymnastics with a bicycle apparatus.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Babylon Bee:

Female Weightlifter Suffers Tragic Testicle Injury Just Weeks Before Tokyo Olympics

https://babylonbee.com/news/fe...efore-tokyo-olympics

WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND—100% totally female weightlifter Laurel Hubbard was forced to bid farewell to her Olympic dreams yesterday after a tragic accident left her with a severely lacerated testicle. Hubbard would have been the first transgender woman to compete in the Olympics.

The injury is not life-threatening, but doctors have advised Hubbard that she needs to refrain from heavy lifting for at least six to eight weeks as her injury heals. Obviously, that means Olympic weightlifting is off the table.

Hubbard was something of a controversial figure at this year’s games given that she was born a biological male and competed as a male weightlifter until 2013. Many critics argued that this gave her an unfair advantage compared to female weightlifters, but Hubbard says that’s ridiculous.

“Sure, there are some biological differences like bone density and muscle strength between the sexes,” Hubbard said. “But none of those gives me an unfair advantage in weightlifting, which is really more about finesse and technique!”

Hubbard said while she's disappointed she won’t be able to live out her Olympic dreams this year, that’s just the way it goes. “Sometimes your testicles get in the way,” Hubbard said. “That’s just something we gals have to deal with.”

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Does the Onion even try to compete with this?

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post