SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Trans Olympic Athlete: ‘My Goal Is To Win The Olympics So I Can Burn A U.S. Flag On The Podium’
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Trans Olympic Athlete: ‘My Goal Is To Win The Olympics So I Can Burn A U.S. Flag On The Podium’ Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If you showed junior high school me this headline I would have thought you were from a different planet. Seriously.

A woman pretending to be a man defeated a man pretending to be a woman. Do I have this right?

At a woman's swim meet?

We have arrived in crazy town.

Penn's Lia Thomas Wins Two races At Tri-Meet, Loses 100-meter Freestyle to Transgender Yale Swimmer

https://www.foxnews.com/sports...sgender-yale-swimmer

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Reading that article, you realize how stupid and unserious we have become in this country.

Referring to a woman as "he" and a man as "she"... what a damned jumbled mess. Nothing has any real meaning any more.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Mentally impaired ‘athletes’ representing the US is right up there with a whore as our Vice President

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trust the science eh?

Bizzaro world indeed

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Mentally impaired ‘athletes’ representing the US is right up there with a whore as our Vice President

What about our mentally impaired Potatus?

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Two things stood out for me from the article, once I stopped giggling hysterically.

First, the guy from Penn 'wasn't as dominant as he was at the Zippy meet'. Does that mean he got his hormone shots more regularly since the Zippy meet? Do guys like him try to time their shots around their performance at meets?

Second, the gal from Yale who beat him was in a women's race despite the fact that she is 'transitioning to male'. How do you choose the point in time where someone who's doing that is no longer eligible to enter women's meets but is eligible to enter men's meets? Is there some kind of comparative drag test or something? Did the gal time her transition process in such a way as to give her an advantage in the Tri meet?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
A woman pretending to be a man defeated a man pretending to be a woman.

I had to read that about 5 times to make sense of it.

Couldn't even make this shit up.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Second, the gal from Yale who beat him was in a women's race despite the fact that she is 'transitioning to male'.
Uh no, she isn't. There is no such thing as 'transitioning' sexes. At birth your sex (and gender) is established at the chromosomal level. Shoot a bunch of chemicals into your body, lob a bunch of stuff off, or try and add stuff back, its all irrelevant as nothing changes. You are what you are regardless how mentally ill you might be.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Second, the gal from Yale who beat him was in a women's race despite the fact that she is 'transitioning to male'.
Uh no, she isn't. There is no such thing as 'transitioning' sexes. At birth your sex (and gender) is established at the chromosomal level. Shoot a bunch of chemicals into your body, lob a bunch of stuff off, or try and add stuff back, its all irrelevant as nothing changes. You are what you are regardless how mentally ill you might be.

This. In fact, if she is mutilating herself while taking any kind of hormones to fool her body into thinking it’s natural, i submit that she is taking supplements that should disqualify her. Remember those days? When you weren’t even allowed to inject your own blood to give you a voluminous boost in O2 carrying red blood cells? I imagine with all the mentally ill “woke” people out there willing to believe a man can become a woman and vice versa that these pesky rules won’t apply to the special people.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Well, I'm through caring. If the sanctioning bodies and the participants being cheated continue to permit this and not stand up for themselves and say "This is wrong," fuck 'em.

That felt good. I feel the great weight of all that caring lifted off my shoulders.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
In the case of the mentally impaired Penn State athlete, it is my understanding that he primarily is a distance swimmer. It makes sense that he didn’t place well in the 100 when he swam against competitors with sprint disciplines.

We are silly for letting this nonsense to continue and letting it make the news headlines.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, that's a Penn swimmer, not a Penn State swimmer. They're different schools.

And to what was mentioned above about hormone levels, I wouldn't doubt for a second that both trans athletes are very carefully gaming their hormone levels as a form of performance enhancing drug. The dude is taking the minimum amount of exogenous estrogen to meet the women's athletics threshold and the chick is currently taking as much exogenous testosterone as possible and still remain in women's sports.

They're scamming to win races.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you're born a man, you're going to die a man.

If you're born a woman, you're going to die a woman.

If you're born an American and live in this century, you're going to die a little every day.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no such thing as 'transitioning' sexes.

Thus the little airborne comma thingies at each end of the phrase. It was easier to keep everything in context that way, and you're preaching to the choir.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
They're all about their pronouns. Fine. I'm all about the adjectives. You're not changing the language with me. 'Male' and 'female' are defined. If I need to distinguish to be clear, I'll add an adjective for them. They're either "biological male" or "biological female." They can't deny that. That makes it clear to everybody, including them.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If a person is confused as to whether they are male or female, they have a bigger problem concerning mental health. They’re bonkers quite simply!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
They're either "biological male" or "biological female."

No, it is simply either Male or Female.

Stipulating "biological" this or that is entertaining their delusion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to repeat this quote used in another thread.

I was involved in a discussion a few years ago regarding "gender fluidity". The other participant was a little rough around the edges, but I'll never forget his take on the situation:

"It ain't about what you feel like today-it's what you come out with".

Works for me.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
They're either "biological male" or "biological female."

No, it is simply either Male or Female.

Stipulating "biological" this or that is entertaining their delusion.

I understand your point, but as I rationalized, it's for clarity. It's not conceding. If anything, it's for *emphasis,* because quite obviously they don't want to be reminded of the fact.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
At least the East German Olympics women's swim teams of the 1970s, despite their suspiciously deep voices and facial hair, were still women.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post