SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Looks like Kid Rock is not a fan of bud light after their stupid move.

I saw on Townhall a twatter video of him deploying a nice MP5 on some cases of Budlight, along with some choice comments about Budlight and AB.

Good for Kid Rock!

Posts: 3535 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Is it not on the bottles because Tranny's prefer it in the can?

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Hey Dylan, you're not a girl.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How the heck is the Bud stock price up? Everyone I know is boycotting yet this stock is up about .4%

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
The Bee is on it of course...

https://babylonbee.com/news/be...etending-to-be-woman

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
How the heck is the Bud stock price up? Everyone I know is boycotting yet this stock is up about .4%

Probably due to the ESG score program signed into action by Biden, Blackrock and all the major funds are bound by the feds to invest into higher ESG scoring companies, and most likely putting more into the stocks of companies that do things like InBev did with Bud Light.

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
The stock market is often (usually?) more about perception than reality. If investors believe going full-woke will improve InBev's performance, then the stock price will go up.

Will have to wait for InBev's next earnings report to find out if perception turns out to be reality.

Btw...
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
InBev is Dutch, ...
Nope. Belgian and Brazilian. (Not that that's not a distinction without a difference. All of Western Europe has gone full st00pid.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did Anheuser-Busch and InBev hire the same marketing-advertising firm as Gillette? Was there no learning over the last 5-years?

I was always a Silver Bullet kinda guy over But Wipe, too bad the rest of their brands which I never bought, are just as low-end:

- Michelob
- Rolling Rock
- Shock Top
- Land Shark
- Red Hook
- Kona

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Looks like Kid Rock is not a fan of bud light after their stupid move.

I saw on Townhall a twatter video of him deploying a nice MP5 on some cases of Budlight, along with some choice comments about Budlight and AB.

Good for Kid Rock!

Not a fan of Kid Rock, but I can have a drink of bourbon with the man Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17192 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Did Anheuser-Busch and InBev hire the same marketing-advertising firm as Gillette? Was there no learning over the last 5-years?

I agree.
quote:
I was always a Silver Bullet kinda guy over But Wipe, too bad the rest of their brands which I never bought, are just as low-end:
- Michelob
- Rolling Rock
- Shock Top
- Land Shark
- Red Hook
- Kona

I partially disagree.
In college, my room mate and I were Bud guys. His girlfriend was a Silver Bullet kinda girl. I drank it and liked it as well. I preferred Coors light to Bud light, for sure.

Still, all the woke crap aside, to trash "the rest of their brands which I never bought, are just as low-end" just isn't fair.
If you never bought them, how can you say that?

I won't defend But Wipe, but I do like Michelob. NOT Ultra!

Michelob Lager was dubbed by the St. Louis-based company as a “beer for connoisseurs”. It was originally brewed as a draught-only beer in 1896, using 100 percent malt. Rice was added to the recipe in 1961, the same year the beer was packaged in teardrop bottles.

Originally introduced as an expensive lager sitting at $8 per barrel, this was a beer meant for the people with a little more money. Michelob struggled to become a favorite throughout the early to mid 1900’s during the wars. Due to it still being a draught only beer, it was less accessible for the general public to enjoy. Due to inadequate amount of materials to brew Michelob, it struggled to sell during the Second World War. Prohibition of course hurt sales as I imagine most people who are struggling to get their hands on beer in the first place, were looking to buy an a more expensive beer. It wasn’t until 1961 that Anheuser created a pasteurized version legal to sell in America. Michelob began selling in a special teardrop shaped bottle that won an award from the Institute of Design in 1962.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24637 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
My wife asked me what all the fuss was about, not knowing anything about the situation.

I said, "Everyone's afraid to hurt this dude's feelings apparently. All anyone has to say is 'I don't care about your feelings, you're not a woman. End of story.' and the whole thing would just go away eventually."

Seriously. I don't care about his feelings or anyone else's. You're not a girl, I'm sorry hearing that makes you feel sad.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just water that identifies as beer Smile

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2515 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I actually started my reply here, and realized it really needed to be a thread. But credit to you for making me stop being lazy and share this nugget with our crew on SF.

How this country (and the world) got so weird, so fast.

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/spor...ports-bras-leggings/

NIKE has joined Anheuser-Busch in signing transgender activist, Joe Biden supporter, and TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney to a new lucrative endorsement deal.

Mulvaney also posted to Instagram, saying. “Home for a moment and leaning into cozy workout wear life with @nikewomen ‘s newest Zenvy leggings and Alate bra! They’re so comfortable and buttery soft, perfect for workouts and everyday wear! #feelyourall #teamnike #nikepartner.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/spor...ports-bras-leggings/

NIKE has joined Anheuser-Busch in signing transgender activist, Joe Biden supporter, and TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney to a new lucrative endorsement deal.

Mulvaney also posted to Instagram, saying. “Home for a moment and leaning into cozy workout wear life with @nikewomen ‘s newest Zenvy leggings and Alate bra! They’re so comfortable and buttery soft, perfect for workouts and everyday wear! #feelyourall #teamnike #nikepartner.”

Another product I can't boycott because I don't use it.
I haven't bought a Nike product in at least 35 years.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16644 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Probably the same genius who decided to spend $75 Million for the exclusive right to sell beer in Qatar for the World Cup.

Posts: 3547 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it not on the bottles because Tranny's prefer it in the can?

I see what you did there….perfect! Big Grin

Posts: 3161 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I won't defend But Wipe, but I do like Michelob. NOT Ultra!

Michelob Lager was dubbed by the St. Louis-based company as a “beer for connoisseurs”. It was originally brewed as a draught-only beer in 1896, using 100 percent malt. Rice was added to the recipe in 1961, the same year the beer was packaged in teardrop bottles.

Big Grin We're talking about Michelob, it's not worth it....
...and yes, I've tried all those other beers, mainly in my twenties when I didn't care what it tasted like, as long as it was cold and somebody else paid for the bucket. Actually, Kona had a couple that I liked but, I can live without Kona.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
May I suggest the OP change the thread title to "This Bud's for what??

Posts: 18381 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Probably due to the ESG score program signed into action by Biden, Blackrock and all the major funds are bound by the feds to invest into higher ESG scoring companies, and most likely putting more into the stocks of companies that do things like InBev did with Bud Light.

Yup. All done for ESG score.

0:01

Posts: 4286 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post