SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Despite everything, I've ended up with an iPhone
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Despite everything, I've ended up with an iPhone Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It also helps now that Apple builds everything instead of everyone else being dependent on Intel/AMD and Qualcomm to make their stuff work.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For desktop computing, I'm still a Windows guy, but that could change when Microsoft stops supporting Windows 10.
I'm about to upgrade computer and OS from Win7Pro to Win11. My BFF guru says it's time. FWIW, I have a flip phone.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Our house hold is Apple. Wife has an iPad as do I. we both have iPhone 11's due to upgrade this Sept when the new 15's come out. Feature and price will determine which model we go with. My office computer is a Windows box, mainly because I have some programs, long ago paid for that run on windows and I want to keep them. I tried W11 on my laptop and hate it, even I guess I'll have to make a decision when the support runs out.

I don't hate Apple. Over the years they've been the most innovative consumer tech company you could shake a stick at. Not every position they take on just about every issue is to my liking. Yet, which mega tech company doesn't (MS) have such positions.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I am not an Apple fan boy in the least, but I use an iPhone. I have used, and used to sell, cellular phones since the beginning. My first attempt at at a smart phone was an Android- I was kind of techie, and the Android was much more customizable. But I found I wasn’t interested in all that. I just wanted it to work and do the basic things well and with ease. The iPhone just works.

I have been in the car audio business for 40 years, and over the last 10 or so we have done a lot of work that involves phones, from BT phone calls, to streaming music, to streaming video from the phone through the vehicle screens, and most recently CarPlay and AndroidAuto, both wired and wireless. I can tell you without hesitation that 75% plus of customers who are Android users don’t know how to use their phones. They struggle. We have to figure things out for them. iPhones just work.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post