SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Despite everything, I've ended up with an iPhone
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Despite everything, I've ended up with an iPhone Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Check out Speck for cases. Solid product for around fifty dollars and discounts apply.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speck for cases

The only problem with cases for phones is far too many choices.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Match the holster.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Good choice we did the same, well, moved to T-Mobile, already had the iStuff, but did upgrade to the 13 pro for wife and myself.

The 13's on T-Mobile 5G is significantly better at speed and connectivity than the ATT we had.

If you are 55+, have an older phone, the T-Mobile deal is worth doing, saved a ton of moola..

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Speck for cases

I prefer the Spigen cases, and have the 13 Pro Max a pretty big phone, ended up going with the Spigen Liquid Air, it is thin, light and gives good coverage, not slippery and $15.99 on Amazon. Significantly reduced the bulk and weight over the old case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096...product_details&th=1

Posts: 23450 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Speck for cases

Not really, just get something thin and cheap and a screen protector. Order three cases and three protectors and return the two you don't like.

I have a $6 case and $8 (for three pack) glass screen protector. Dropped my phone tons of times over the last couple years, still in great shape.

This is the case I prefer, but they didn't make them yet for my phone when I got it because I pre-ordered the phone before release.

Spigen Rigid Armor

I never replaced my cheap case I ordered when the Spigen came out because the $6 one checked all my boxes. First it fit my phone with screen protector, second it protected my phone. Don't care really about style.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is this "Wallet" stuff?

Much of the stuff I'm opening up on this device says "First month free!" or "Only 2.99 per month". Yeah, ain't happenin'. Removed.

"Apple News"? Yeah, no bias there, I imagine. Roll Eyes

Wallet was talked about here a few weeks back. Great thing to have if you pay with CC a lot. You set up your credit card and then can use your phone at any place that has a NFC terminal. Very secure. There are very few places these days that don't have NFC. Even the two man barber shop I go to has it.

I'm with you on the no pay for shit deal. I did buy Dark Sky weather app one time cost of about $4, and the .99 per month for iCloud storage. I've noticed a few here have said the Dark Sky app is unreliable, and maybe it has to do with location, but I've found it extremely accurate, with a clean no nonsense interface and no ads.

Apple news... I've read a few articles there and never picked up any bias or political leaning. Maybe they are good a disguising it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
All this talk about T-Mobile for saving money has me thinking....

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

That's why I switched, it was the cheapest. I've used all three big names. As far as coverage goes it's Verizon, T-Mobile, then AT&T in that order, but as far as costs go it was Verizon, AT&T, then T-Mobile. TM is the cheapest and just barley falls short of Verizon for coverage.

You milage will vary as I live outside DC in well populated suburbs. When traveling usually my wife's prepaid Verizon rebranded service works better, but not always.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Spigen? Is it pronounced "Shpy-gen"? If not, it should be.

Looks good. How about the world's clearest, toughest, cheapest screen protector? Big Grin

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks good. How about the world's clearest, toughest, cheapest screen protector? Big Grin

That's where things get murky. I believe they are all made by a few Chinese companies and the brands change constantly. That's why I suggested buying three and returning two.

I'm pretty sure I'm using this one?? hard to remember for the whole buy three to end up with one thing.

Some will work with cases, some will not, even if it says "case friendly" in marketing. Some will not have adhesive applied equally or sufficiently and will bubble. It's all a crap shoot as these things are cheaply made in China.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
For that price, it should come with a handjob.

No headphone jack. I'm certain that was done for enhancing the water resistance of the device, and not so Apple could sell me Bluetooth ear buds.

And the Airpods are pretty good. Spigen and Speck are both solid cases. I use both. Youtube has a guy from Canada who does some great case reviews.

This guy.
https://youtu.be/gAAGzMAdws8

I use Hiya to scan for spam at $15/year. It announces the location of the call. All the spammers use towns that I know no one I'm connected with is in or even close to.

And has anyone noticed a reduction in spam calls? I'm down from an average 2/week to 2/month now.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Here's the screen protector I have.
Screen protector

Awhile back my phone got wedged in the seat travel track in my truck. By the time I got it unwedged, The screen protector was cracked top to bottom and the case was all dinged up, but the phone was in perfect condition. I posted a picture awhile back but can't seem to find it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
And the Airpods are pretty good.
For 150 Goddamned dollars, they should be.

I'm branchin' out! This deserves a thread of its own:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...020096094#5020096094

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Magpul makes a case that fits my SE (it’s listed as for an iPhone 7/8). They’re $16 (today). I’ve dropped mine several times without hurting the phone. I use a tempered glass screen protector from amazon as well.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Tempered Glass Screen Protector from ZAGG. Link to Zagg

Best darn phone case: dBrand. Linky to dbrand

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We went iPhone back at the launch of the 6 series after years of android. I don’t regret it. Wife and I both currently have the latest SE.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Check the ACTUAL coverage for your area.

In North Georgia, no one beats ATT for coverage since they took over all of Bell South Mobility’s cell towers when they merged with Cingular(formerly Bell South Mobility). Around here, it goes ATT-Verizon-T-Mobile for coverage.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I have some JLAB wireless ear things. Work gave me some called Skullcandy which I liked better, but I lost one of them. Both work pretty good, not sure of price.

She got a free Iphone when she upgraded so I got put into their plan. I like the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge I had much better. Iphone feels like a toy to me. Like a child's Ipad. The Samsung is more like a computer.

Apple navigation blows. The talking into the search part is way worse on this, to the point I don't use it. The Sammy I could say, "nearest Jersey Mikes" and magically I'd get excellent real time feedback with navigation ready to rock.

I don't like the cloud. My personal storage doesn't go into the clouds. It goes into NSA or someone's data bank. Something reaches into my photos and goes through em, sorts em, asks me if I want to make collages and shit.

Dam wife has dragged me into more of this kind of bullshit than I'm ok with. I'm dying for the day I can toss this Benedict Arnold tracking device into the ocean. If I do it now she will just assign me the latest model. With extra tracking and privacy invasion.

I'll concede the camera is probably better. Mine is an 8. The kids have later models.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6968 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
I don't like the cloud. My personal storage doesn't go into the clouds. It goes into NSA or someone's data bank.
Well yes.

Q: Who has access to your data in cloud storage?

A: Other people

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like Spigen for Cases AND Screen Protectors! I've been using their Screen Protectors since the iPhone 6 was the latest & greatest thing, and I've been nothing but happy with their product(s).

They even have an EZ FIT tray/alignment device to make the installation flawless.

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-...signed/dp/B095RTJH1M

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post