SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Maybe they should erect a statue in honor of RBG.
Someone probably will.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Big Grin Maybe they should erect a statue in honor of RBG.
Someone probably will.

flashguy

Lets tear it down.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Bisexual horticulturist with ADHD
She digs stamens AND pistils! "HEY LOOK, A SQUIRREL!"
I can totally relate to her, since I, myself, am a quadraphonic botanist with Shatner-Nimoy Syndrome.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Me: They can’t possibly get any more crazy

Them: Hold my ethically sourced, non GMO, gender neutral soy nut crunch latte

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Maybe this will make you guys feel better.

It did indeed.

Went wonderfully with my rye Old Fashioned in fact.
I agree that it was enheartening, but he did use Kavanaugh's name once when he meant Roberts, I think.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a TikTok link, so some of you may not want to click on it, but if you want an ear-to-ear grin, have a look. Here's a gal who is a self-described "Bisexual horticulturist with ADHD", expressing her umm frustration and panic

I sincerely hope they severely restrict visiting hours or better yet totally eliminate them while she/he/it is confined to a rubber room. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:

Lets tear it down.

Sounds fair enough.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
Getting Trump re-elected so he can play the long game is not a given, and it is infinitely better than him going out in a one-term blaze of glory.

Getting a bedrock conservative originalist like Scalia on the Supreme court IS the long game. That's decades of critically constitutionally important precedence and influence. Four more years of Trump is the short game. If I had to choose, the Supreme Court is my choice. But, I don't think I'll have to choose.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can totally relate to her, since I, myself, am a quadraphonic botanist with Shatner-Nimoy Syndrome.

Big Grin You come up with the funniest stuff!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bad trip through the Transporter?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Look out folks, a civil war is coming Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Yep, in politics, the long game is 8 years for a President, and 20 years for his decisions.

Saw a funny tweet: Mitt Romney is about to make Benedict Arnold look like a team player.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Awesome! Today is SUCH a good day to trigger the libs!

From a Trump rally in VA:

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't forget your apron and spatula.

By the way, President Trump is not going to try to appoint someone; he will appoint someone.

Now, about those cupcakes you promised us...

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Just a note to any of our SC residents: call/write/email Lindsey Graham TODAY and demand he schedule hearings and a committee vote as soon as Trump makes his selection or you WILL hold him accountable at the ballot box in November.

Also, in regards to her "dying wish"...too bad. If you wanted to ensure a like minded replacement you should have retired when Obama was president. You didn't, you held on. Youse rolls the dice and youse moves your mice. Thanks for playing.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Saturday is my favorite day of the week because I go to Carmen’s for crispy shell tacos. Now I learn that RBG is outta there. Smile What a happy day!

I didn’t hate her. She and Antonin Scalia were great pals. Scalia knew her well, and wouldn’t be pals with an evil person. But I hated her contorted view of our Constitution.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever laughed so much during an in memoriam thread/article.

I actually truly want to thank RGB for the lasting impact she's going to make on the next 45 days. I'm saying this with all due respect or something.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post