SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members will probably be prompted to update their profile
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members will probably be prompted to update their profile Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
My ISP rather annoyingly shows their location not mine. Lots of websites (eg Lowe’s) think I’m in Southwest Houston when I’m actually in one of Houston’s northern suburbs.

Would this cause a problem?
Not for a member with 17 years and 20,000 posts, and not for anyone who is here in good faith. Only the thieves need be concerned.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
When I logged in it just took me to the profile page.

I updated info seems to have taken/saved.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Updated as requested. Got a little concerned at first that maybe the site was hacked but figured nothing too crazy was being asked for so I forged ahead. Glad to see that all is well and happy to do my part to help you keep the train on the tracks. Thank you Para!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I just logged in and got the profile display. Entered the data and went right through with no problem.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
But what if you really are from Nunya. Smile.

https://www.tageo.com/index-e-pe-v-15-d-86862.htm

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
I had to add the country and it worked fine as things went back to normal.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Got it.

Thought I was in trouble at first Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is it obvious, when it takes you to the page, as to what exactly is being asked for? Some folks are...less than perceptive.

Just a note on mobile devices people may need to scroll down to get to the bottom of the fields to hit submit.

Posts: 993 | Location: Northwest NJ | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I got it. Had to enter my city, the rest was already in my profile.

Same here.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to update. I'd rate it a little less than obvious. I filled in everything I could as I trust the admin here to keep my info private.

It's a logical and reasonable step that will hopefully help in a pretty non-invasive way.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Done.

Ended up logging out and found this thread to make sure this was not a spam attempt.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Done.

I did a double take when I got the initial prompt when logging into the site. Took me a minute to go to a “private” browsing tab that would like me see the site without logging in. Found “this” thread and knew all was legit.

Solid idea Para; will be interesting to see if you notice a drop in registration because of the updates TOS.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, had to update, and immediately figured that was the reason. Glad to see some new measures in place.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I just looked and mine were already filled in.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D-Man:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is it obvious, when it takes you to the page, as to what exactly is being asked for? Some folks are...less than perceptive.

Just a note on mobile devices people may need to scroll down to get to the bottom of the fields to hit submit.
Yup. Exactly what I had to do. Cant believe people could email me when my old road runner email was still there.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Updated, asked for city, state and country.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Done.

Ended up logging out and found this thread to make sure this was not a spam attempt.

Ditto.

I had filled in the city/state info but then it prompted me to confirm my password, so I was suspicious. I logged out and found this thread.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That had me confused for a second, since it wouldn't let me access any other forum webpage, instead constantly redirecting to the profile page, but I figured it out. Big Grin

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the prompted to update my profile, I freaked out about it at first. I thought I hit something wrong and messed things up.

I updated my profile with city/zip and entered. After I did I saw this post and understand now. I hope that it helps keep the riff raff out.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post