SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members will probably be prompted to update their profile
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members will probably be prompted to update their profile Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Threw me off a bit. First thought site was down for maintenance, so went on my way.
There wasn't an obvious 'you need to add City/State/Country' until I tried to click 'update' and it kicked me back, then had 'required' on those fields. Then I got it through my thick head.

I can imagine the glut of panicked emails Smile

Posts: 3296 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
It threw me off for a second, but I only had to fill in the country code. No biggee.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Mine didn’t have an “update” or “submit” button.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2240 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Was a bit of a surprise. Thought the site had been hacked or something.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Color me "less than perceptive". When I was dumped to my Personal Zone, I did not notice the newly required fields with an asterisk next to them, and no notice about having to fill in those fields. I finally deleted my sigforum.com cookies and viewed the Lounge as an "outsider", which is when I saw this thread.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
Happened to ME too!!
All is Good!!
Welcome Back

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Completely understand the necessity to implement this change. Gladly provided the required info.

Posts: 3516 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Glad I read found this thread to feel better.
I thought I had been hacked at first.
Tried my work PC and my phone for two days, then figured I would add some data to the blank fields. Viola!

HK Ag

Posts: 3488 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Found I had to as well.
I had to think a bit on my Password, certainly not an issue and well worth it.
Thanks Para !

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did well on the geology, health and spelling questions.

The math was hard
Liked the music and cooking portions.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54478 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
No problem, but I don't live in a municipality of any kind. So that's my county.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Done and thanks Para!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
No prompt to me yet.

Ah, just went to update and that info was already there.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:

Mine didn’t have an “update” or “submit” button.
Did you scroll all the way to the bottom?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done, no problem sir. I needed to update my email address anyway, and that prompted me to do it.

Posts: 86 | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Needabiggersafe
posted Hide Post
Did it I believe it was yesterday.

Life Member NRA

Posts: 541 | Location: Rockville, MD.USA! | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Updated. When I got immediately sorted into the Personal Zone I thought I had been temporarily banned for some reason. Haha! No worries though. Thanks.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just FYI.
I never got prompted.
Since this is the closest I get to social media, I am logged in on all my devices.
So I opened via another browser and device, logged in, but got no prompt.
Hope that means I’m good.
Thank you, Para, for all you do.
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That means you already had the City, State, and Country fields already filled out. It doesn't matter which device you use. If all three of these field are not filled out, you won't get past the Profile page.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Glad I read this thread a few days ago before I logged in yesterday or I might have wondered what I did to be locked out of the forum. Other than I kept missing the asterisks and having to go back and see what I missed, it took about a minute all total, and I was back in. I’m sure we all appreciate what Para does to keep this forum safe. I know I do. I don’t know of another forum like this one, even tho I don’t participate in any forum as much as I used to, this still remains my favorite forum.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post