SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actor Jussie Smollett’s Criminal Trial to Begin After Years of Delay
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Jussie Smollett’s Criminal Trial to Begin After Years of Delay Login/Join 
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
People who love themselves as much as Jussie does don’t commit suicide. He’ll be fine.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
short clip of jussie leaving court

https://twitter.com/i/status/1502088838629445652

Judge Linn:
“Your performance on the witness stand can only be described as pure perjury,” he said. “You’ve been lying and lying and lying about this case, and that’s why you’re here today.”

Posts: 19607 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'm struck by his unplanned courtroom outburst after his sentencing. It appears genuinely unscripted, which implies he truly thought he was going to walk out of there. His denial of reality is utterly complete. He's only an actor, and obviously not a script writer.

Posts: 7485 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I understand the "I'm not suicidal!" outburst. What was that about? Just shouting for attention? Setting the stage, so to speak, for some other maneuver? Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What was it about? He's a drama queen and, like the judge said, a narcissist. For those of you who think that outburst was spontaneous, think again. This asshole has had months to think about how he would react if he was found guilty and sentenced. You can see what a clear thinker he is simply by considering how he arrived at where he is now. He's stupid enough and deluded enough to think his little stunt in 2019 would work. Everything he does is planned. He doesn't live in the real world.

Posts: 107753 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Appears he will have 150 of them.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could take a lesson from Arizona. A sheriff there fed his prisoners bologna sandwiches on stale bread and green bologna; put them in highway duty chain gangs.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Cook County is MUCH worse. Everybody there will know who he is before he enters. Prison time would have been easier by far. I was impressed by the fairness and eloquence of Judge Linn.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I don't know what hall of fame or archive sayings like this go into, but "I'm not suicidal!" should join "Don't taze me bro!"

Posts: 7485 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I'm not sure I understand the "I'm not suicidal!" outburst. What was that about?

He clarified it. He implied if he's found dead, someone killed him.

Year V

Posts: 2635 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The face you make when you have been sentenced to 150 days in a notorious county jail and everyone there already knows you're gay.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
"150 days in the county jail ain't no little thing, Alice" said Little Bill.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Jussie gets 5 x Humble Pie.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Justice for Juicy!!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
lol

That sentencing hearing was spicy and hilarious.

The TV roles and millions weren't enough this deluded jackass.

Juicy until the end, too. I laughed aloud, between a cackle and a hearty guffaw.

That's some next level foolishness. Impressive in its scale and persistence.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I liked the judge calling him out. He had his number and no matter what the prick said he couldn’t get his way.

Posts: 9555 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been a supporter of people who falsified claims should serve the same sentence as the alleged offender if the crime was actually committed. So in this case if white men had actually done what he claimed them to do and they would have been sentenced to X years in jail then JS should have to serve the same.

5 months is not enough. JS should serve years with an S.

Posts: 829 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the hell is Smollett talking about I'm not suicidal..?
Was that an issue?
Is Juicy acting all the way up to the very end? Did this guy not comprehend the verbal beating from the judge?

Posts: 14699 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a lunatic.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Well, Bye.

Posts: 6407 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post