SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Latest Cancellation: Ore to Shore Mountain Bike Race. A major summer event here in MQT County, with around 1K racers registering each year. Big economic boost for the area.
Or was, anyway.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't makes this crap up....just when You think the stupidity and overreach has got as bad as possible along comes California again. They have banned singing in church!!!
https://myfox8.com/news/califo...as-pandemic-worsens/

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When are state taxes, like sales taxes collected? There's going to be a reckoning for the states actions against businesses.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
When are state taxes, like sales taxes collected? There's going to be a reckoning for the states actions against businesses.

I was just having this same discussion with my wife. What will these states do without all this tax revenue? The obvious answer is simply raise everyone else's taxes and probably demand a Federal bailout, which some Governors are already whining about.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The true revolt would be to defund the government except for essential services- Fire, Police and Emergency Services. There's a whole lot of fat there.

Federal Bailout- The feds have to take it from someone to redistribute it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
What the hell drug are these people on anyway????
Fascism

Indeed!

It could get uglier, too.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Went out shooting with a friend and his wife today. Mask? Schmask. We were social, and kept good distance... from the targets. Big Grin

- - - - - - - -

Fpuhan, I think you're right.
Big Grin Big Grin

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
You can't makes this crap up....just when You think the stupidity and overreach has got as bad as possible along comes California again. They have banned singing in church!!!
https://myfox8.com/news/califo...as-pandemic-worsens/

The mind is boggled!

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I used to read the news & say, "Well, it can't get any damn dumber than that!"

I haven't said that in years.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So.... today I was amazed to find my barber shop was actually open. As I came in the door, I had to fill out a contact tracing form, dip hand sanitizer and wear a mask while waiting.
The place (about the size of a large living room) was deserted. So I did not have to mask up. The owner said all this was forced on him by the state or he could not open. This was a busy place pre-panic, but today it was obvious his business is way off.
And speaking of contact tracing, the local news had a story that said contact tracing indicated that people were infected while riding the upper deck of the ferry boat to Mackinac Island during a 2 hour period.
How in hell was that figured out?
If you would like to see the insanity in the Yoop, here is your source:
www.wluctv.com
Bear in mind the population of the entire U.P. is 311K+ and we have around 200 C-19 cases. Roll Eyes
The news also lists "recoveries". How can you be a case if you are recovered?

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
How in hell was that figured out?
Plain and simple, it's called "Making shit up".

I need to sit down and right an intelligent-sounding letter to Lt. Governor Dan Patrick and ask him if he would please have a look for Greg Abbott's ball sack. Apparently that no-good, ignorant, Leftarded bitch Lina Hidalgo castrated him a couple of weeks ago.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
As a nearly 40 year church choir director in Michigan, I can tell you that California is not the only place where singing is banned in church. The last estimate I heard on being able to resume choir or group singing of any kind in schools, colleges, or churches was the fall of 2021. That sucks, but there it is.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Idiot Queen of KY to announce “new restrictions” upon his serfs at 3 PM today. Yet, the state legislature super majority remains silent.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Does that apply to Derby City???

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in Grayling Mi. the AuSable Conue Race was cancelled. Biggest event in our area, 120 mile race from Grayling to Oscoda. Sorry to hear about the Ore to Shore. I wanted to do it again this year. On the mask front the use of masks in my area goes up on the weekends, in relation to the number of tourists.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Does that apply to Derby City???

Only if “Mayor ‘Big Cheese’ McBikeLane” agrees to allow the police to stand down on enforcement of law. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
As a nearly 40 year church choir director in Michigan, I can tell you that California is not the only place where singing is banned in church. The last estimate I heard on being able to resume choir or group singing of any kind in schools, colleges, or churches was the fall of 2021. That sucks, but there it is.
Rod

The church I used to attend is finally opening this weekend. even though they could have done so several weeks ago the minister refused to even have outdoor services and put off anything until now.. Mom told me that a decision was made to not have any singing as well even though that is not one of the stupid "official" prohibitions. I stopped attending this church because they have become so attached to left wing liberal causes I could no longer tolerate it.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Todays presser from the Evil Queen was a lengthy whine about mask wearing and a veiled threat of arrest if compliance does not continue. And the Beer Fest is cancelled. Which was outdoor.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Todays presser from the Evil Queen was a lengthy whine about mask wearing and a veiled threat of arrest if compliance does not continue. And the Beer Fest is cancelled. Which was outdoor.

Just curious....is the mask requirement an actual law or just one of her stupid decrees? We have the mask order here as well but everyone realizes that it is not a law enforceable by the police and the only thing that can be done to enforce it, is for business to not allow entry. Most places seem to be ignoring that however as every place I've been so far has not said a word about not wearing one.