SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Prayers for good results in the next phase of tests, and a realistic plan to fix these things.

You've got a big field of supporters pulling and praying on your behalf.

Thank you for sharing this with us, that we might stand virtually with you.

God Bless you in this difficult time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry lbj. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this El Beej. Frown

Thoughts and prayers for you sir.

Posts: 11363 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I put together my new will about a month ago, coincidental but nonetheless, it's done.

My family members will be taken care of financially better than most IMO, I am lucky that way.

Come what may, as this is pretty much out of my hands at this point.

I may get better, or not. I just don't know.

I mean, I wouldn't mind ten or fifteen more years, and if I get any years at all, that may be time enough for further medical advances to have at me again.
Oh, and the Creator, always the Creator.

I made up my mind a couple of days ago that I accept God's will, especially if the news is bad, so there is that and I move forward.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31427 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I put together my new will about a month ago, coincidental but nonetheless, it's done.

My family members will be taken care of financially better than most IMO, I am lucky that way.

Come what may, as this is pretty much out of my hands at this point.

I may get better, or not. I just don't know.

Renal is not my area of study, but let me know when the path report comes back. Email is in my profile.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Wow. Sorry to hear the news LBJ. Prayers inbound.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5761 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's a certainty I have kidney cancer. Now the question is, has it spread.

The 1st scan shows nothing found on pancreas, liver, colon, and testes. Lower right lung nodule found.
Some slight lymph swelling somewhere, I forget.

As I said earlier, I really think brain cancer is a stretch, but I have been wrong before already about this thing I have.
I just wish no new discoveries from the brain and upper chest scan tomorrow.

On Thursday, I will know the results.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31427 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So sorry LBJ, don't give up, 60 is way too young.

Posts: 22931 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping for no new discovery.

Get well soon. I admire your courage in the face of this adversity.

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have been incommunicado for a few days so I am late to this thread. I have nothing to offer but prayers, brother. Comforting to have developed a spiritual relationship. When things remove themselves from our control we get substantial support from our spiritual understandings. You have our best, LBJ.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29720 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a certainty I have kidney cancer. Now the question is, has it spread.

The 1st scan shows nothing found on pancreas, liver, colon, and testes. Lower right lung nodule found.
Some slight lymph swelling somewhere, I forget.

As I said earlier, I really think brain cancer is a stretch, but I have been wrong before already about this thing I have.
I just wish no new discoveries from the brain and upper chest scan tomorrow.

On Thursday, I will know the results.

I only wish you the best. I know how it feels to be told the big C has raised its ugly head.

Last year I was diagnosed with leukemia and was concerned about cancer elsewhere too. I my case, thankfully, it's only in the bone marrow and blood. I'm still being treated.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I made up my mind a couple of days ago that I accept God's will, especially if the news is bad, so there is that and I move forward.

Sorry to hear you have cancer. My father, similarly, went into the hospital for a minor colon issue, and in pre-op testing discovered he had multiple-myeloma. Though they didn't tell him at the time, they expected he had 4-6 months to live. His good attitude and dedication to getting well delivered a much longer life than that. I am glad to hear you are doing the same.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4878 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks all for the well wishes and prayers. I do believe and while not a church goer, I do have my own relationship with Jesus and the Father. It's not like I left the church, more like it left me. But, as I say, I still have the relationship.

It may sound corny to some, or that I am suddenly religious, but that is not the case.
I believe and accept that Jesus died for my sins.

I am not sure how I am supposed to feel.
Maybe I am still in shock but I don't think so.

I must say I have had one heck of time with my life. Plus, I am 60.

These next CT scans of my brain and upper chest are going to tell the tale. If I can pass these without further things seen in them, I will be as happy as I can be under the circumstances.

What I don't need are further discoveries.

Along with the kidney with the orange size mass, there is the lung nodule to work through we already know is present.
Also, there is some slight swelling to some lymph nodes somewhere which is a concern.
That would be treated with immuno therapy if need be.

I really just need no more new discoveries, that is really key. I mean, if this darn thing has spread, things may get really bad.

I still cannot believe this mass on the kidney has been around for maybe ten years. They derived that figure based on average yearly growth rates.

I highly doubt I have brain cancer, so the worry for me is the upper chest, ie lung cancer.

And so begins the next chapter of my life, not what I wanted, not what I expected, but life goes how life goes.

Prayers sent it case the help. Here is hoping for no new news.

The good news is that you caught it before it went any further.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I'm sad to hear this news but I'm confident that you can lick this lbj.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8228 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Hoping for a speedy recovery lbj. My uncle went through this a couple years ago and needed one kidney removed. Luckily you can life just fine with some minor diet changes on one kidney.

Get well soon.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope, got bad news this morning.

I have renal kidney cancer, the mass is the size of an orange and I have probably had this going on for the last 10 years.

I have another couple CT scans coming ASAP, one of my brain and the other for the upper part of my thorax that the original CT did not cover.

Assuming I can pass those scans plus a bone scan, I will be having the kidney removed forthwith.

So Bad News Bears unfortunately.

Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Hoping for good news, Tom. We need you to get well!

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16527 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear, but it hasn't beat you yet. You know what needs to be done, hang tough, try and try to be positive, as difficult as its going to be. You are in our prayers.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Said a couple of prayers for you, especially that it can be safely removed and has not spread.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post