SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
May God be with you in this time of need.

Please try to eat well, avoid getting sick (flu, colds, sinus infections etc), and try to to keep your spirits from sinking too low. All of these things will help to position you better for whatever intervention is necessary and the requisite healing process afterwards.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11158 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a full and fast recovery. God be with you and your family at this time.

Posts: 5784 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Larbax
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a full and quick recovery!

Posts: 384 | Location: E. Hartford, CT | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Oh, man. Hang in there, and don't make with the negative waves. Cancer in these days is more controllable/ curable than ever.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news.

News like that sends your entire world spinning out of control. We went through that when the Mrs. was given similar news

Whether or not you believe in a higher authority is your business but sometimes that belief alone is comforting.

Find that "place" where you find peace. Might physical, might be spiritual, might be mental place.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posts: 7116 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Best wishes.

6.4/93.6

“I regret that I am to now die in the belief, that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776, to acquire self-government and happiness to their country, is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be, that I live not to weep over it.”
— Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 47717 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's rough news! Hang in there!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9379 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you LBJ, we are all pulling for you!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about this. Best wishes and have a speedy recovery.

Posts: 5758 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
You've been tolerating this well for 10 years? Think how much better you'll feel when they remove it!
You and yours are in my thoughts. My best wishes for the speediest of recoveries.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5506 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I wish you a speedy recovery, and cancer free future.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
One of life's adjustments. You'll be rid of it soon. Best wishes and prayers for complete healing.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, stay positive
and kick some a**!

Posts: 383 | Location: S.E. MI | Registered: September 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
LBJ, I had a cancer scare in 2015, so I know a small portion of the feelings you might also have. My prayers are with you and your family.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and the medical staff that will be overseeing your treatment. Prayers also for your family to give them all they need for support.

Hang in there!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7291 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
lbj prayers nightly for you and your family

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I'm piling in to the prayer club for you, lbj.

Posts: 3865 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the bad news. A lot of members here will be praying for you and for the best treatment. Be strong.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the well wishes and prayers. I do believe and while not a church goer, I do have my own relationship with Jesus and the Father. It's not like I left the church, more like it left me. But, as I say, I still have the relationship.

It may sound corny to some, or that I am suddenly religious, but that is not the case.
I believe and accept that Jesus died for my sins.

I am not sure how I am supposed to feel.
Maybe I am still in shock but I don't think so.

I must say I have had one heck of time with my life. Plus, I am 60.

These next CT scans of my brain and upper chest are going to tell the tale. If I can pass these without further things seen in them, I will be as happy as I can be under the circumstances.

What I don't need are further discoveries.

Along with the kidney with the orange size mass, there is the lung nodule to work through we already know is present.
Also, there is some slight swelling to some lymph nodes somewhere which is a concern.
That would be treated with immuno therapy if need be.

I really just need no more new discoveries, that is really key. I mean, if this darn thing has spread, things may get really bad.

I still cannot believe this mass on the kidney has been around for maybe ten years. They derived that figure based on average yearly growth rates.

I highly doubt I have brain cancer, so the worry for me is the upper chest, ie lung cancer.

And so begins the next chapter of my life, not what I wanted, not what I expected, but life goes how life goes.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31446 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post