SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Today is a very sad day for me.

After the anal gland cancer scare last year regarding my Lhasa Apso LT, he came down with bronchitis with a horrible cough the last 6 months.

I had been praying that I would last long enough to take care of him to the end and I was granted the time to care for him until his demise today at sunset. He was 13.

Usually I get the feeling of impending death for my animals but this took me by surprise.
I had fully expected after taking him to emergency that I would still be taking him home.
It was not to be.

LT was a very loyal dog to me only and the last 3 years I worried about leaving him behind upon my death as I knew he would pine for me the rest of his life and not do well.

I don't have that worry anymore because he is gone. God did grant me my prayer and so it is.

God I love that dog.

I wonder though that the time I have been granted outliving all projections was, in part, the time needed to take him to the end of his life.
If so, it hit me after his death that perhaps my time may be up as well.

Time will tell and I thank God he went before I did.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am truly sorry lbj. Our animals mean so much to us. You are not alone in loving him and feeling a great loss.
I am glad you could be there for him. It is a terrible time when we lose them. Take it a day at a time. That is all any of us can do. I will continue to pray for you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19193 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Tom

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the loss of LT.

Since my nasty little cancer diagnosis, I too have been concerned about how several people, a dog, and a cat will do with me gone. I am hoping to outlive them all, but if I don't I am very worried about how they will do. I guess that is one of the reasons that we pray for strength.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read this, Tom.

But you have your daughters, and that grandson, other family, and all of us here, and...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43901 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Very sad to read this, lbj.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry about the loss of your dog. There are no words to make that easier

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the loss of your pet, I know they mean a lot to you.

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss.......

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss lbj.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss and perhaps God has some more things for you to attend to as well.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Condolences on the loss of your little pal, LBJ.

Posts: 26914 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
So many of us know that heartache lbj.
I hope some blessings are headed your way to make you feel better.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences, lbj. Never easy to say goodbye to a beloved friend.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
I hate loosing dogs. As I get older, there are more names to remember.

I hope you mourn TJ a long, long, long time!

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of the loss of LT, lbj.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, it's rough.

On a more upbeat note...
here is Miles and I reading a book.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That's a great picture Tom. It says a lot about what is important in our lives.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear about your four-legged companion. I know it hurts terribly.

Posts: 4502 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Just wait until Miles reads to you! It's a hoot when they memorize it and "read" it to you. Smile

Merry Christmas.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post