SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

You both got pretty wavy curls at the back of your head. Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year to all.

All praise to God I am still here.

I came down with a sinus infection a few days ago and it's moved into my lungs.
I didn't wait to go see the doctor because this is the type of thing that lead to that 3 week hospital stay last January and February.

I am on augmentin and steroids for a several days. I suspect this infection will be nipped in the bud because we jumped on this early.

Recently, I have begun to fly RC helicopters and the one I got for Christmas is pretty busted up from about 50 crashes outside but I am getting the hang of it.

I have a Syma 107 arriving today for indoor use as well as a Blade 250 Basic something or another for outdoor use once I get more experience.

These things are fun.

I think a racing drone may be in my future.
My budget is pretty much unlimited, so there is that.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read you are sick, but I am glad you are on top of it. I hope this is a wonderful New Year for you and your family.

Those R/C helicopters are fascinating. Please post details when you feel better, if you are able.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
After careful observation of family members, I have determined women sleep more than men.
Another duh! moment I suppose.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Women and cats sleep inordinately.

In the '80s RC helicopters were the latest thing. It took five channels to control one. Electric motors did not exist. Everything ran on model airplane fuel. (Ever see a 0.049 piston?) I thought it would be cool to put a camera on the helicopter and hover over a neighbor's swimming pool.

But figured something like that would never be invented. What is the use of a radio-controlled aerial camera? Should have gotten my degree and joined the CIA, that's what I should have done. Woodman in his CIA lab, creating the next anti-gravity camera cigar.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Happy New Year to all.

All praise to God I am still here.

I came down with a sinus infection a few days ago and it's moved into my lungs.
I didn't wait to go see the doctor because this is the type of thing that lead to that 3 week hospital stay last January and February.

I am on augmentin and steroids for a several days. I suspect this infection will be nipped in the bud because we jumped on this early.

Recently, I have begun to fly RC helicopters and the one I got for Christmas is pretty busted up from about 50 crashes outside but I am getting the hang of it.

I have a Syma 107 arriving today for indoor use as well as a Blade 250 Basic something or another for outdoor use once I get more experience.

These things are fun.

I think a racing drone may be in my future.
My budget is pretty much unlimited, so there is that.

The drones/Heli's are a blast. Get FPV with your next drone, you talk about taking it to a whole new level. After my diagnosis I also got into R/C planes, they are pretty cool too. Check out Horizon Hobby online. They usually have some pretty good deals.

I am headed in for my 9 month since surgery scans in Feb. Reoccurance has always been in the back of my mind and then about two weeks ago I just felt this relief. It was a huge feeling, the concern has been lifted. Pneumonia gets us all in the end. Hang tough and keep praying for strength.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Women and cats sleep inordinately.

In the '80s RC helicopters were the latest thing. It took five channels to control one. Electric motors did not exist. Everything ran on model airplane fuel. (Ever see a 0.049 piston?) I thought it would be cool to put a camera on the helicopter and hover over a neighbor's swimming pool.

But figured something like that would never be invented. What is the use of a radio-controlled aerial camera? Should have gotten my degree and joined the CIA, that's what I should have done. Woodman in his CIA lab, creating the next anti-gravity camera cigar.

I always loved those little engines in the 80's. Just getting one running was fun.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Today is our anniversary...14 years.

And the little Syma 107G arrived as well.
With a gyro, pretty simple to fly.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your anniversary!

I had a pair of Syma helicopters. They were fun, but I think the cats liked them more than I did.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Let us know when you get into turbine powered copters Big Grin

https://youtu.be/9gWLbIlikLY?t=43

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Congratulation on 14 years, wishing you many more.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Congrats on your anniversary!

I had a pair of Syma helicopters. They were fun, but I think the cats liked them more than I did.

I had a Blade indoor helo and the cat jumped a good four feet in the air and totally destroyed the thing. I'm thinking of picking up a bigger outdoor model with a gyro.

Lbj, get healthy and let us know how the new helo works.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I have to do the math to figure out the number of years of our anniversary.
The month and day a little tougher.

When I got married, I assumed it was for the rest of my life so I do not use years/anniversaries as the metric.

Maybe I just have an odd way of looking at this.

It is a big deal to my wife.
This year I got her a stand alone pear shaped 2.25ct real alexandrite stone. She has already had it put in a setting and is wearing it.

Buying that expensive little thing means I have an unlimited budget for my upcoming fancy drone.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I decided to jump on the RC copter bandwagon hard and fast.

I have a more advanced helicopter coming this week. It's a Blade Night 230 BNF Basic.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has 3 settings for beginners, intermediate and advanced. It also has a panic button to save the craft as well.

I am going to play and learn on this for a couple weeks.

I also ordered a Mavic Platinum Pro with the in flight VR glasses so I can watch my flights in real time from the camera.
https://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum

Yeah, the bug hit me hard.
Plus I want to do something new and different for me.

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
lbj--
If you have an email in your profile, I'd like to contact you about a drone.
Permission granted?

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Sure, but I am a rookie and a neophyte and don't really know anything.

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Email is inbound. Smile

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Nice karma offer that I accept, thanks.
A used DJI Phantom, very nice!

I am going to have a lot of things to learn and fly.
Retirement can be a good thing apparently.

Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Remember, once they get above a certain weight (not sure about drones) you have to register them with the FAA.

FPV is cool. Some people get really bad nausea when flying with goggles.

Have fun

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Good reminder.
Yes, the Phantom and Platinum Pro will need to be registered for sure. It looks like I can do so online as well as get up to speed on rules and regulations.

I have a ways to go but need to start somewhere.

If anyone gets nauseated from flying VR, I expect it will be me.