SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Still have some of the fog and lack of energy.
Eating can sometimes be problematic, I just do not seem hungry.
I am hovering at 160lbs.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Still have some of the fog and lack of energy.
Eating can sometimes be problematic, I just do not seem hungry.
I am hovering at 160lbs.

I've been off of chemo and radiation for 6 months and I'm just now starting to get my appetite back. As far as energy level is concerned, it is still low but I also had major surgery that knocked me through a loop, so I can't say that isn't playing a role.

My oncologist told me it might be as much as a year before the effects of the treatments stop effecting me.

I've been told by a couple of doctors to not worry about it and not to push it because everything will eventually return to normal.

So I guess what I'm saying, is to just ride it out and enjoy life as best as you can. God willing, you might very well be able to put this all behind you. I truly pray that is the case.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Mrs. LBJ looks a little more relaxed in the Helicopter then You. Big Grin

Na!! Great Couple there!!

Prayers as always sent!

Roy

Love that Lizard!!

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I forgot to post this:

I am officially retired.
I sold the team last Tuesday.
Still lots of good things happening late in my life.

We flew in our youngest daughter from Fort Worth earlier this week. That was a treat.
Given that oldest daughter is living with us for a month or two, this week the whole fam damily was back together.

It was great.
However, youngest daughter flew home today, oldest daughter is out somewhere or another, and we are enjoying the peace and quiet here at home tonight.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Now that I am retired, I sure enjoy my firearm hobby again. It's come back with a passion.
It kind of went by the wayside the last 5 years what with work and everything.
But now... Ooh La la.

I was on the phone last night with youngest daughter. She asked me why and how can I be so happy, upbeat and all given my situation.
After I answered her question, she liked it so much she ask me to write it down, so here goes.

I told her that in general, when we are sad, it's because something or someone we lost meant so much to us.
For me, the pain I feel from loss is equal to how good things were before the loss.
Therefore, when I am sad, I am OK with it and though it may sound odd, I wish for deeper sadness, as the more I hurt, the more it validates what was lost.

I hope I am explaining this correctly. I have lived with this sadness philosophy of mine since the early 90s.

I also told her that it seems pretty simple to me to be at peace with things.
I mean, we're sad because things were so good before.
It is an easy leap for me then to take that word "good" written above and say my life has been not only good, but robust, rich and full.
The sadness is just the after effect of something really tremendous. And since that pain validates how good it was, I can be sad and very happy at the same time.

Sometimes it's fine to be a parent, ya know?
She's 25 and has all these deep questions for me. I think she's on a proper path, like taking the time to actually think. What a concept and good for her.

I hope I made sense.
I am who I am in The World According To LBJ

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I feel confident that a man with the courage and vision to be happy in the midst of all you have been dealing with will never be defeated by anything in this life, no matter what comes next. I have lost a number of friends and family in the last year, and I have to say, reading how you have dealt with everything you've faced has inspired me to raise my standard of how a good man of faith should live his life.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
LBJ

You are an example, for us all.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thank you but.

I got my infusion today as well as met with my doctor.
In an interesting development, she told me she came to sigforum and read all 60 plus pages of this thread. She found it interesting.

I have to give her credit here. She read this thread and does other similar things because she said it gives her insight into what her patients are feeling and experiencing.
The human part as it were.

Nice job by her. She is recognized as one if not the top oncologists in my area. It is nice to know my doctor has an interest in the human level in addition to the medical things she does.
It is easy to see she works hard and does long hours.
My doctor is great.

We talked a bit about the Opdivo, and once again cancers seem to be able at some point to overcome these types of medications.
The time frame for this is unknown.
That kind of sucks but it is responsible for me being here, so I cannot really complain about that.
As we know, my August CT scan came in very good so it will be 4 months for my next one. That means Christmas.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so impressed that she came to read this thread.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

We are with you and thank you for including us in this journey.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Did she see the ammo thread? Big Grin I assume you are her most well armed patient.

Thanks for the update, will continue praying!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I don't know if she saw the ammunition thread or not.
She did grow up in Wyoming, and though she does not shoot firearms, she grew up with them everywhere around her.
She did say nice rifle to me though.

I have no idea of her thoughts on the 2A.

She was very nice and upbeat with me today, so not only is all well, she kind of understands me and is not recoiling in horror about who I am and what I am about.
This is a good thing.

Sometimes in life, when you pull back the curtain, you may not like what you see.
And what is seen cannot be unseen.
My eyes!

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
lbj,

Thank you.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
She sounds like a damn good person to take the time to read this thread. You're lucky to have a doctor like her. I'm sure you know that though.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
She sounds like a damn good person to take the time to read this thread. You're lucky to have a doctor like her. I'm sure you know that though.

Amen!

This Dr. cares about her patient!

On a side note. While I'm not a religious man of any sort. I believe strangely in the power of prayer. It does have to feel good that you have an awesome Dr. AND have 80,000+ pulling for you!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Absolutely positively.

Lots of good things happening late in my life.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Now that I am retired, I sure enjoy my firearm hobby again. It's come back with a passion.
It kind of went by the wayside the last 5 years what with work and everything.
But now... Ooh La la.

I was on the phone last night with youngest daughter. She asked me why and how can I be so happy, upbeat and all given my situation.
After I answered her question, she liked it so much she ask me to write it down, so here goes.

I told her that in general, when we are sad, it's because something or someone we lost meant so much to us.
For me, the pain I feel from loss is equal to how good things were before the loss.
Therefore, when I am sad, I am OK with it and though it may sound odd, I wish for deeper sadness, as the more I hurt, the more it validates what was lost.

I hope I am explaining this correctly. I have lived with this sadness philosophy of mine since the early 90s.

I also told her that it seems pretty simple to me to be at peace with things.
I mean, we're sad because things were so good before.
It is an easy leap for me then to take that word "good" written above and say my life has been not only good, but robust, rich and full.
The sadness is just the after effect of something really tremendous. And since that pain validates how good it was, I can be sad and very happy at the same time.

Sometimes it's fine to be a parent, ya know?
She's 25 and has all these deep questions for me. I think she's on a proper path, like taking the time to actually think. What a concept and good for her.

I hope I made sense.
I am who I am in The World According To LBJ

Can't count the number of times this thread has brought me to tears, but I can feel your pain internally. It hurts that you suffer, and I can't share it, to ease the pain.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I think yours a good point.
While I am happy and lots of good things are happening, there is some pain and suffering.
However, most of that is the collateral damage exhibited by my family.
It is easy to see it on their faces.

And that is what pains me the most.

If anyone is worried about the future of sigforum, don't be.
Para and I have it all figured out.
Sigforum isn't going away, it's here to stay.

As we all know, in this life there are things larger than ourselves.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Check out my future grandchild.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Smile Smile Smile...congratulations lbj Smile Smile Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Now that's some great news!

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post