SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
If the shooter isn’t a conservative or be made to fit the narrative of how conservatives are all some sort of racist and Nazi, the story fades into oblivion, doesn’t work into the narrative of the Ministry of Truth. Sorry, the mainstream media.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Now we have a mass shooting in the NYC Subway, and two in South Carolina over the weekend.

Used to be the definition and reporting of "mass shootings" excluded gang/drug/criminal motives and focused only on crazy people with no other motive.

There was one in Pittsburgh, too.

A "mass shooting" at a party. 200 teenagers crammed into an AirBnB rental. After midnight. During an altercation.

Those are all the details they were giving on the news and the press conference. Doesn't take much to read between the lines about this one either....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now we have a mass shooting in the NYC Subway, and two in South Carolina over the weekend.

Used to be the definition and reporting of "mass shootings" excluded gang/drug/criminal motives and focused only on crazy people with no other motive.

Now to further the gun control narrative the media is now reporting about shootings regardless of motive. That means all the drive-by shootings, gang fights outside nightclubs, gang fights at house parties, and the like are "mass shootings" now.

They always were mass shootings but the media didn't want to report about anything other than "crazy white man" mass shooters. Now it's more important for the media to support the "we need to get these guns off the street instead of prosecute the criminals" progressive DA's.

But the NYC shooter does appear to be crazy. Of course they are downplaying all of his "kill the whitey" postings on social media. And what happened to the guy that ran over the people in the parade? That story died out pretty quickly, no updates on it for a long time now.

Also using the term "Gun Violence" now. Takes the responsibility off the criminal.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

Also using the term "Gun Violence" now. Takes the responsibility off the criminal.

Not sure how old you are, if you remember but, that's been the constant narrative since the early 80's. Three big issues came out of that era: drugs, AIDS and guns

People freaking-out about gang violence in LA, Oakland, Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore and NYC....accessibility of AK47's, MAC-10's and Uzi's to do drive-by's or shoot-up a party. While gang/street-life was cultural fascination for the entertainment industry, politicians and advocates fixated on 'guns' as the problem, rather than the cultural issues. Guns weren't a public issue in this country for 240-years prior, and auto/semi-auto guns hadn't been a public issue for the 100-years prior but, get enough talking heads to repeat something enough, it becomes an issue.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ There is zero evidence of F.A. weapons being used in crime. Certainly not weekly F.A. gun battles as depicted in TV and Movies, and zero car-to-car submachine gun battles. The only actual case I am aware of is the L.A. bank robbery inspired by "Heat". Two guys in homemade body armor with F.A. AK's. They ended up getting shot in the legs and bled out while the LAPD was "securing" the crime scene.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ There is zero evidence of F.A. weapons being used in crime. Certainly not weekly F.A. gun battles as depicted in TV and Movies, and zero car-to-car submachine gun battles. The only actual case I am aware of is the L.A. bank robbery inspired by "Heat". Two guys in homemade body armor with F.A. AK's. They ended up getting shot in the legs and bled out while the LAPD was "securing" the crime scene.

However, the Glocks with switches are being classified as FA. Cop shot with one of those in (I think) Texas. Other recent instances too.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, the Glocks with switches are being classified as FA.

Is there some reason not to?
The videos I have seen of the guns being fired seemed to depict them as pretty full automatic to me.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Seriously, HK MP5's w/ 'switches' are classified as FA too... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
However, the Glocks with switches are being classified as FA.

Is there some reason not to?
The videos I have seen of the guns being fired seemed to depict them as pretty full automatic to me.

That's a new thing that wasn't an issue in the 80's and 90's. Exactly how many illegal FA or SA converted to FA guns were ever used in crime and or seized? I know they made open bolt SA guns illegal because of the ease of conversion either then or during the 1994 AWB.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
There is one famous example of full auto, North Hollywood Bank robbery, Feb 28th, 1997. Illegally modified long guns. So much wrong here with the criminal justice system in CA, I thought it was too much thread drift so I have not linked it. Easy to look up.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who said anything about FA?

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Very few registered Full Auto weapons used in crimes.....now modified F/A, lots with the Glock "switch" being the most common. Lots of videos on drive bys showing it being used.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
That protester would have been shot for threatening my life!

Well, he wouldn’t make that mistake again. I’d prefer to avoid the whole situation, but I guess if one is trapped they gotta do what they gotta do.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
They all come crawling home eventually…

University of MN a few months ago, and now the Minneapolis Parks Board. All that bullshit grandstanding about cutting ties with the Minneapolis Police…

Minneapolis Park Board Mends Fences with MPLS Police

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
They all come crawling home eventually…

University of MN a few months ago, and now the Minneapolis Parks Board. All that bullshit grandstanding about cutting ties with the Minneapolis Police…

Minneapolis Park Board Mends Fences with MPLS Police

The Minneapolis Police should tell the Park Board to go pound sand.

"You didn't want us then, well... We don't want you now."

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
And for the FAKE NEWS article of the day....

On a serious note, talk to ANYONE who has a business in Portland. It's a sad situation. And not just in downtown. everywhere in Portland.

And I have no idea who Client Giant is, or why Channel 2 picked up this worthless piece of crap story.

https://katu.com/news/local/po...-business-study-says

PORTLAND, Ore. — Portland was recently ranked in the top ten best cities in the U.S. to open a small business. Client Giant, an automated gifting service, named the Rose City as No. 9 on their list of the 10 best cities in America to start a small business. San Francisco, Austin, and Minneapolis took the top three spots, and our neighbors to the north – Seattle – ranked 7th on the list. Portland edged out Denver, which landed in 10th place. The rankings were based on the number of small businesses in each city, the city's economic growth and small business incentives from local government. The first week of May is National Small Business Week, prompting the report. Client Giant's blurb on Portland said the following: The city of Portland often gets lumped in regionally with Seattle, but it has its own unique culture and plenty of support for local businesses, plus lower housing costs than the Emerald City. Portland provides entrepreneurs with tons of support, including the use of a local small business development center that offers free classes, counseling, and even mentorship opportunities. Bonus: Portland doesn’t have a local sales tax, which can encourage residents to spend more at the local small businesses they love.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

posted Hide Post
See how the Government is picking sides. If they had been wearing a red MAGA hat they would have been jailed without bail and received a maximum sentence. Somebody convince me I am wrong.

Brooklyn feds suggest lower sentences for lawyers who tossed Molotov cocktail at cop car in 2020 George Floyd protest

https://www.yahoo.com/now/broo...ences-222500738.html

Federal prosecutors steeply lowered the prison time they seek for two lawyers who threw Molotov cocktails at NYPD vehicles during the George Floyd protests in 2020.

Prosecutors in the Brooklyn U.S. attorney’s office noted “case-specific mitigating facts and circumstances” that led them to suggest sentences of just 18 to 24 months in the cases of Colinford Mattis and Urooj Rahman.

Both suspects offered guilty pleas in October to charges possession of a destructive device. The guilty pleas would dismiss the most serious charges brought against them in a June 2020 federal indictment.

The duo faced up to life in prison under the indictment. Before a court filing Tuesday asking for the lower sentence, the feds planned to seek less than 10-year sentences for each.

Rahman, 31 at the time of the May 30, 2020, protest, tossed a Bud Light bottle filled with gasoline into a parked NYPD car outside Brooklyn’s 88th Precinct, setting it ablaze, investigators said.

Mattis, 32 at the time of the protest, is accused of being Rahman’s getaway driver. When officers stopped their van on Willoughby St. that night, they found the makings of another Molotov cocktail in the back seat along with a gasoline container, police said.

After spending weeks in jail after their initial arrests, Mattis and Rahman have spent the last nearly two years on home confinement.

Prosecutors’ decision to lower the government’s prison time request in the case infuriated some members of law enforcement.

“There is absolutely no justification for lowballing the sentence for an anti-police terrorist attack,” said Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.

“It’s bad enough that these dangerous criminals have been allowed to sit at home for the past two years,” Lynch said. “Handing them a below-guidelines sentence would give a green light to other anti-police radicals who seek to advance their cause through violence. The judge must reject this request.”

An attorney for Mattis declined to comment. An attorney for Rahman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Here in Chicago, twice within the last week, I happened upon a local news blip that showed video of what I would classify as a riot but the news reports it as a disturbance. Last night they showed a "disturbance". Possible hundreds of youth, in the process of turning there lives around, flowed up from North Ave beach like a backed up toilet to Michigan ave.
DISTURBANCE must be the new acceptable media/Gov. word to describe rioting in Chicago.
Reports are limited to 30 seconds or less.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The two lawyers with the Molotov cocktails deserve the maximum punishment as terrorists. They are officers of the court and should know better than to participate in riots and burn police cars. The fucked around and found out.