SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
It’s also worth noting that the officers who served the warrant had no direct knowledge of the investigation. There were multiple warrants to be served in this case. The officerS were simply assigned to serve the warrant. They served a valid warrant, signed by a judge, because a supervisor assigned them to do it.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Portland, federal police break up downtown protest of Breonna Taylor grand jury decision

https://www.oregonlive.com/por...d-jury-decision.html

A downtown Portland demonstration demanding police stop killing Black people came to an abrupt end Wednesday night after a handful of protesters targeted a police precinct with fire and rocks.

Police quickly extinguished the flames as they burned the edge of an awning. But soon after, someone threw a Molotov cocktail toward officers. Police ordered the hundreds of people gathered in honor of Breonna Taylor to leave, then used force to make people move. Federal officers helped.

Federal officers shot impact munitions on downtown streets a half-mile away from the federal courthouse that President Donald Trump pledged to protect.

The scene mirrored many July nights, when federal officers regularly and aggressively dispersed crowds outside the courthouse. Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler, who oversees police, decried the federal forces and pledged not to coordinate with them during protests. In an email early Thursday, Portland police declined to immediately describe its level of coordination with federal forces. A spokesperson said that information would be released to the public later.

The night started hours after Kentucky’s top attorney announced earlier in the day that Louisville officers would not face charges in the killing of Taylor. Police fatally shot the 26-year-old Black emergency room technician in March after entering her home on a no-knock warrant.

Demonstrations took place throughout the U.S. and in several Oregon cities. In Portland, hundreds of people filled Southwest Third Avenue in front of the downtown Justice Center, despite the rain. Live videos showed a drum line played along to chants of “Whose life mattered? Breonna Taylor!"

Several Black women addressed the crowd from the steps of the Justice Center and encouraged people to vote and continue pressing for change.

As the speeches continued past 9 p.m., a smaller crowd started forming in front of the Second Avenue side of the Justice Center — the Central Precinct of the Portland police.

Portland police declared that gathering an “unlawful assembly shortly” before 10 p.m. It was unclear why. Most people remained focused on the speeches on the opposite side of the building.

Police warned people to leave Second Avenue, live videos showed. Dozens of officers then advanced on the crowd, using smoke and other devices to force people to move. At least one protester responded by throwing a firework toward police.

Demonstrators returned to the larger crowd on Third Avenue and police retreated. After officers left, many people streamed back to Second Avenue. Officers repeated warnings and labeled the gathering a “riot.” It was again unclear what actions led police to make the designation.

People did not immediately leave. Someone lit the awning of the police precinct on fire, according to police and live videos. Another person threw objects, which police later identified as rocks, that smashed windows.

Officers in riot gear rushed in. Someone threw an incendiary device toward officers, videos and police confirmed. Police ordered all people to leave a large section of downtown. Police and protesters faced off on Third Avenue and Main Street. The crowd chanted, “Breonna Taylor!”

Police eventually moved in on the crowd around 10:40 p.m. Portland police forced part of crowd several blocks away to the South Park Blocks.

Department of Homeland Security officers emerged around the same time near the federal courthouse. It was the first time in weeks that federal officers had policed downtown streets.

Federal officers formed a defensive line to block people on Third Avenue and Main Street. Officers at times set off smoke devices toward the crowd gathered nearby. Federal police then pressed west to Fourth Avenue.

Federal officers and Portland police soon pressed people west, at times with physical force, impact munitions or pepper spray. The two forces appeared to stay separate even as they both advanced on the crowd.

The federal push stretched to the Salmon Street Interstate 405 overpass. Officers began retreating around 11:20 p.m. Many people followed them. Federal police responded by shooting impact munitions and setting off some type of irritant that caused people to struggle to breathe and cough.

Smaller groups of protesters continued to wander, and Portland police arrived to drive the crowds away. An Oregonian/OregonLive journalist witnessed six arrests. It was unclear how many people were detained or arrested.

The sporadic showdowns between police and small groups of demonstrators continued past midnight. When some people made their way back to the Justice Center, police repeated their demands to leave. Several dozen people remained near the building past 1 a.m.

Demonstrations calling for criminal justice reforms began in late May after the killing of George Floyd, who died after a Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck and ignored pleas for air. The protests have taken place nearly every night in Portland, except for a recent stretch when wildfire smoke filled the city.

Portland police have received criticism for officers' use of force against protesters in response to building damage, thrown eggs or dumpster fires. Mayor Ted Wheeler banned the use of tear gas earlier in September.

KPTV Fox 12 reported late Wednesday that the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and Oregon State Police cited the tear gas ban in their decisions not to help police planned counter-demonstrations Saturday.

Daryl Turner, who leads the Portland police union, appeared on Fox News Wednesday night to denounce how city officials had responded to calls for police reform. The City Council voted to cut the police force budget and end the bureau’s gun violence unit, among other changes.

Turner criticized actions to defund police as “political stunts.”

“Politicians bent on power, who perpetrate misinformation and untruths, are just as guilty as using their privilege to hijack this movement, the movement of racial equity, the movement of social justice, as the rioters who are committing violent acts, burning and looting and causing chaos in the streets," Turner said.

Interviewer Martha MacCallum asked Turner what he thought about the grand jury decision in the Breonna Taylor case.

“I haven’t read enough to comment on that,” Turner said.

Video of Molotov cocktail here:

Riot is declared in Portland as BLM protesters hurl Molotov cocktails at cops and thousands take to the streets in demonstrations across the nation following Breonna Taylor grand jury decision

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...rs-NYC-protests.html

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anti-Police Rioters Attack Police Officers Who Were Putting Out Fires In Louisville

https://www.dailywire.com/news...-fires-in-louisville

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden: 'We must continue to speak Breonna Taylor’s name, support her family still in grieving, and never give up on ensuring the full promise of America for every American."

Kamala Harris: "Tonight, I’m thinking of Breonna Taylor’s family who is still grieving the loss of a daughter and sister.

We must never stop speaking Breonna’s name as we work to reform our justice system, including overhauling no-knock warrants."

https://www.breitbart.com/2020...mid-street-protests/

State Police on the scene

https://twitter.com/i/status/1308960469240213504

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Another episode of "This will make your morning a little brighter"!

BLM idiot lays down in front of a cop on a bicycle, he pushes the bike over his head.

https://twitter.com/KittyLists.../1309022991062364161

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched AG Cameron’s press conference yesterday on his findings. Still to come are the Feds report on possible Civil Rights issues.
In responding to reporters’questions, AG Cameron made the point he was not going to release Grand Jury material, and was going to hold his information close to the belt to preclude tainting further ongoing work or Officers’ legal proceedings.
Later in the day, as expected, Gov. Bershear and the Mayor wanted the materials released.
I was favorably impressed by Cameron; stand your ground, Sir.
At the 11:00 PM newscast, the lead story was the shooting of the two LMPD officers, followed by their condition, one critical and 1 still in surgery. Prayers for a full recovery for both men.
Blackhorse4

Posts: 87 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by absolut18:
Was she committing a crime at that time? Was her boyfriend committing a crime at that time? .

Your position is that a warrant cannot be served and a suspect cannot be arrested unless they are actually committing a crime during the moment of the arrest. Think about what you are saying.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Is KSP there? They have a reputation of not messing around.

That's an understatement...lol
I have seen KSP beat the FUCK out of a guy INSIDE a hospital when he started resisting being strapped to the gurney.

No complaint filed, the nurses didn't blink an eye
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
absolut18

I'll try to explain.
Now this is coming from someone who's done this a few hundred times. Knock, No-Knock.
Ill Start at the beginning, and one of the very things this country we live in is based upon- The United States Constitution.
Scroll on down to the "Amendment" part, go to #4, which states:

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

I "The Police", can't just kick your door in on my own. That's a violation of the 4th Amendment.
***HOWEVER*** I can if I have a good reason!

I sit my ass down in front of a computer and type out a Search Warrant. I present all the facts (That's things that have happened and that can be proven ie - evidence; video or observations from surveillance, documents, narcotics from past buys...) on this Search Warrant. Then (depending on the situation), my boss gets to look at it. After that, a States / District Attorney looks at it too. They'll tell me if any changes need to be made to the body of my Warrant. Once they give me a "thumbs up", I go see a dude(tte) in the Funny Black Robe called a Judge.
(S)He's a legal expert. They review the warrant, and give the final approval so me and my merry men can go kick someone's door in and lock them up. It's not a case of "Ennie, Meeany, Miney, Mo, this door here has got to go" or "I've got nothing better to do at midnight..."

This is all 100% legal under the U.S Constitution. Look up just a little to where it says "...against unreasonable searches and seizures..." So the Founding Fathers even realized that there might be a point where the Government (ie The Police- and not the one with Sting) may need to search your property and effects. Look at that sentence again- see the word "UNREASONABLE"? That's where the Government DOES NOT get to kick your door in for, as you put it "Speeding". IIRC from one of my Law classes, The members of SCOTUS have gone over cases pertaining to the 4th Amendment more than any other Amendment.

Do a little reading about this on your own, check out a case that went to the Supreme Court in 1967 Katz v. United States 389 U.S. 347, Coolidge v. Hampshire 403 U.S. 443, Illinois v. Gates 462 U.S. 213 and Maryland v. Garrison, 480 U.S. 79

If you care to brush up on Knock / No-Knock, peruse Richards v. Wisconsin, 520 U.S. 358 and Wilson v. Arkansas, 514 U.S. 927

Now that I've roughly explained how "The Government" gets to boot your door down at 12:40 in the AM, it's time to move on to the next portion of this conversation:
THAT BITCH WAS NOT INNOCENT.

She may not have been the person who fired a shot at the Officers conducting the Search Warrant, but that bitch got what was coming to her: DEAD.
The unfortunate part was that it was at the hands of a Police Officer.

This may sound harsh, and I may come off as an asshole (which I admittedly am), but I've been playing this "Cops and Robbers" game for quite some time now, and in a pretty busy and bad place. The one thing that I learned early on in my career is "The game may be cold, but it's fair".
She was a bad guy. Bad guys don't really live to see retirement and collect a 401K and the gold watch. Or they land up in prison.

There's many pages of evidence, surveillance and wiretaps (all legal when a Search Warrant is obtained) supporting my claim that she was a Bad Guy.

Now, in normal circumstances, Her Boyfriend could be charged with murder because HIS ACTIONS of being a Bad Guy and firing at the Police were the Proximate Cause which lead up to her death. But this is 2020 and the country, or at least parts of it (mostly the parts controlled by Democrats) are all fucked up.

At the end of May, beginning of June, somewhere between getting pelted with rocks and bottles, getting shot at, and "motherfucked" every way you could imaging, I had a conversation with a super angry, but rational gentleman. He was an older black guy. Former US Army Veteran, College educated, and raised a family, and was proud of the fact that he, and everyone in his family were never arrested.
He stated something along the lines of "THAT"S THE NEXT BLACK JESUS?!?! THAT MOTHERFUCKER? THAT'S WHO THEY WANT TO PUT UP ON THE CROSS?" talking about George Floyd. "At least pick one that aint a dope dealin' junkie felon!"

That stuck with me...
If I ever run into him again, I'm buying him a beer!

Now I want you to think about all this rioting and civil unrest all over the country. Pick any of the "causes"; Floyd, Grey, Brown, Taylor, the kid that CPD shot in Englwood, or Pilsn that sparked off riots... Look at their background, not what cnn, msnbc, cbs or any of the other "propaganda" from the likes of Geraldo Rivera spewing the bullshit of "she was America's sweetheart"... take a good look at their background.
Then decide for yourself.

Good post. Thanks for the background.

Has her boyfriend been charged with anything? Did he have prior arrests or convictions? Was it even legal for him to be in possession of a firearm?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Where can I point someone to go read the warrant application and reports? My wife’s hippie friend doesn’t deal in facts and is an emotion based person. I was wanting to show her a website where ,if she chooses to, she can see the facts that this woman wasn’t a good person.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Where can I point someone to go read the warrant application and reports? My wife’s hippie friend doesn’t deal in facts and is an emotion based person. I was wanting to show her a website where ,if she chooses to, she can see the facts that this woman wasn’t a good person.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/docum...or-summary-redacted1

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where can I point someone to go read the warrant application and reports?...

This may be of help.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/docum...or-summary-redacted1

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Is KSP there? They have a reputation of not messing around.

That's an understatement...lol
I have seen KSP beat the FUCK out of a guy INSIDE a hospital when he started resisting being strapped to the gurney.

No complaint filed, the nurses didn't blink an eye
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Everything that’s going on you can thank the KEA and teachers unions for. They got that idiot Beshear elected. Every time you see a cop shot, building burned, you can thank a teacher.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Why hasn't he been charged with attempted murder?

"A suspect accused in shooting two Louisville police officers during protests Wednesday evening has also been identified. Larynzo Johnson, 26, has been charged with wanton endangerment and assault of a police officer. He will be arraigned Friday."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lou...cer-shooting-suspect

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by absolut18:
Were drugs found on the premise? No.

Was the man shooting the gun convicted of a crime? No.

Have any of us done wrong in our past, but are not currently guilty of a crime? Yes.

Again, knock down anyone’s door on this forum... and I would expect the same response at that hour. The response was justified IMO.

Just read the latest posts this morning, God this is some stupid shit here. Unbelievable Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NO truer words been spoken.

The teachers and their union did this to Kentucky.

So, it you live in Kentucky, thank a teacher for getting two police officers shot!

Thank them for the rioting also.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Why hasn't he been charged with attempted murder?...

"... has been charged with wanton endangerment..."

I'll admit to maybe being petty.

The charge against Larynzo Johnson, being the same as the 3 counts of same charges in the indictment of former Officer Brett Hankison, "looks" to me as a slap in the face of the 2 officers who were shot by Larynzo Johnson. (and a slap to the court decision to not charge the other three officers in the Taylor case

His actions were (likely) premeditated and actionable, in the realm of attempted homicide, with malice.

And if that is the case, it further points to despicable people in the State of Kentuky's judicial system. And they need walking papers.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Officer Tatum has the information on his website.
https://theofficertatum.com/

He was one of the first to report on this with factual information.

I was hearing information from a local source, and it was matching up with what he was saying.

I hope this helps you.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Another episode of "This will make your morning a little brighter"!

BLM idiot lays down in front of a cop on a bicycle, he pushes the bike over his head.

https://twitter.com/KittyLists.../1309022991062364161

The best part of that was the clip below it of Governor Noem hunting pheasants.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

The best part of that was the clip below it of Governor Noem hunting pheasants.

The worst part of that series was the police being hit in back of head with a bat, and having to pepper spray in the general direction instead of shooting that guy 15 times. Is that really where we've come to? Damn.

https://twitter.com/KittyLists/status/1309019515628523521?s=20

Sorry - can't seem to copy link directly to tweet, it was posted about 0200 9/24 though.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post