SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The thought is that people might learn that this is what voting for Leftists yields and that they will be more judicious with their choices from now on. But liberalism is a mental and emotional disorder so it’s impossible to expect rational thinking from them. No I think we may even see a doubling down in upcoming elections. Won’t that be nice?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am reminded of a German farmer who in response to a question regarding how to deal with the violent protestors said, "We should be using flame throwers!"

The reporter asked him if he really meant water cannons. His response was, (No, I said flame throwers and I meant flame throwers!)

My choice would be CNDM grenades! Tear gas with a vomiting agent!

According to people who have experienced them, "they cause you to throw up stuff you ate a week ago!"

And it makes it easier for police to gather them up. They are laying helplessly on the ground.

When I was going thru CBR school in the army, we got to see films of people exposed to it.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
In cities like Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, and NYC, the government has been taken over by communist / Antifa sympathizers. Until those government official are voted out, they're not going to do anything to stop the mayhem.

That's ultimately the crux, these people living there, voted for the characters that have allowed these events to transpire. They continued to vote for candidates that continually slide more left in their views, always finding a cause or revolution to fight. It's gotten to the point where campaign speeches and posturing centered around 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater'.

Meanwhile, the people they supposedly are 'standing up for and allying with' are getting downed-out and pushed aside. Instead of advocating for a rising tide that raises all boats, these clowns instead think that lowering the sky will bring about the parity they seek when in fact, it just reinforces the differences.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
In cities like Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, and NYC, the government has been taken over by communist / Antifa sympathizers. Until those government official are voted out, they're not going to do anything to stop the mayhem.

That's ultimately the crux, these people living there, voted for the characters that have allowed these events to transpire. They continued to vote for candidates that continually slide more left in their views, always finding a cause or revolution to fight. It's gotten to the point where campaign speeches and posturing centered around 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater'.

Meanwhile, the people they supposedly are 'standing up for and allying with' are getting downed-out and pushed aside. Instead of advocating for a rising tide that raises all boats, these clowns instead think that lowering the sky will bring about the parity they seek when in fact, it just reinforces the differences.

The liberals have made it very easy to vote liberal and it's hard for those people to ever vote conservative.

To their supporters, voting liberal has no downside and what isn't utopian yet can be fixed with more money. With that kind of engrained thinking, big cities will not change their liberal ways. Has there ever been a blue, big city where the citizens had a wake-up moment and replaced the mayor and city council with red inclined people? I don't recall that ever taking place.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
With that kind of engrained thinking, big cities will not change their liberal ways. Has there ever been a blue, big city where the citizens had a wake-up moment and replaced the mayor and city council with red inclined people? I don't recall that ever taking place.

Nope. It hasn't happened anywhere that I'm aware of. Formerly great cities like Detroit, Baltimore, St. Louis, were once dynamic, thriving places and home to both Republicans and Democrats. But once they are taken over by the corrupt Democrat machine, which operates like a gang or mafia, the only thing Republicans can do is move away.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Guliani perhaps fits that bill for cleaning up NYC, and it remained cleaner for quite a while, so it's possible, things have to get so bad people see it on both sides of the aisle.

The real problem is, people forget, elect officials that allow problems to be recreated, ie DeBlasio, and organizations to implement chaos.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
[quote]Where are the water cannons? Are they illegal to use or something?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not illegal to use. They are expensive and can cause serious injury if not used properly. Not exactly media friendly. It is a departmental decision I guess. If you have ever been hit by the blast from a fire hose you would not see them as so innocuous.

Serious injury to the rioters? You say that like it would be a bad thing. Watching some of the shenanigans, I would *NOT* be offended to see a belt-fed thirty used against some of these folks. Those optics would suck, but the next group might think twice...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
This is a pretty wealthy area near Salt Lake.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is waaayyy past time to stop this crap and stop treating these people with kid gloves.. That crazy bitch yelling "this is a war crime" needs to have her yap permanently shut and the guy continually trying to interfere should have been body slammed and cuffed.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think mounted cavalry would be appropriate, you know how animals sooth the savage beast Smile

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Surprised that many fuckwits live in SLC.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why didn't they pepper spray every last one of those little bastards?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DBMlKlYq0uk" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I know the general area, saw that article. The protesters were in the street, the police told them they needed to be on the sidewalk. (IE, if you are peaceful and on the sidewalk, you are within the law. If you are marching on the streets you are violating the law, you will be arrested). One protesters comment to a reporter "there were too many of us to fit on the sidewalk" (we have a wright to block traffic??)

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:. . . liberalism is a mental and emotional disorder so it’s impossible to expect rational thinking from them. No I think we may even see a doubling down in upcoming elections. Won’t that be nice?

The flash-bang denial syndrome, (non causa-pro causa), if you continue to blame the wrong cause of the problem, you will never solve the problem.

I happened to google "non causa-pro causa", here is the first thing that came up. Really.

quote:
from google
The phrase "non causa pro causa" is a Latin phrase that means "not the cause for the cause," i.e. that one has confused what is not the cause for the cause. The fallacy is generally referred to by the shorter phrase "non causa." Examples: "Putting more police on the streets actually causes crime to increase!

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
Wow, went to BYU and lived in Provo and Sandy for awhile. Utah sure has changed since I left.

Posts: 317 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
https://www.cabq.gov/office-of...tests-demonstrations

Albuquerque is trying to be protest
friendly. Albuquerque has a new
" No Gun Zones" pretty much anything owned by the city. Areas called "sensitive" like parks, ball field, buildings have a no weapons allowed law.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Aaaaah, anyone remember the good ole daysof liberally applied hickory shampoo?

I have seen more than one beer joint fracas cleared out by police starting at one end of the bar and whomping anything that moved until they got to the far end.

I'd be fine with it if they returned to those tactics today.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cottonwood Heights... fair amount of money, handful of cul-de-sacs with very nice homes but, solidly middle-class. Every home has at least 1 SUV in the driveway and very green lawns. Kids grow up without any real world cares, parents play keeping-up-with-the-Jones with each other, comparing their kids achievements at school, which ski season pass they bought, where in Mexico they go for vacation. Basically its an area full of Karen's.

Did some HS kids organize a march though the neighborhood and it attracted some unsavory types that played into the emotions of the weak-minded?

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd be fine with it if they returned to those tactics today.

There are basically only two ways to stop a riot:
1. An overwhelming show of force, and rounding up the perpetrators and getting them off the streets.
2. Do nothing. Eventually the rioters will tire and exhaust themselves.

Obviously, the leftist mayors of these cities have chosen path #2 which allows for the destruction of their cities before the rioters will tire and exhaust themselves.

If there's one thing the Chinese communists do well, it's put down riots and protesting. They use overwhelming force, and they don't worry at all about how many people are literally crushed.

The irony is that in China people are protesting communism because they want freedom.
Here in the USA, people are protesting freedom and capitalism because they want communism.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Look, this has apparently gotten too difficult for the cowards in charge to deal with. So let's simplify. A mayor of a city needs to come out and stand in front of the microphones and video cameras and state the following. Touch a police officer while they are pursuing their duties and you will get, 1) a beating, and 2) a trip to jail. No exceptions. Stand and scream your stupid commentary if you like, but the line is in the sand. These morons are worse than children in how they behave. They need to be taught via physical re-enforcement as necessary, that their BS is not going to be tolerated on any level. And make no mistake, no one should be alarmed or shocked when no one pushes back on this filth until they eventually run up on someone who's armed and punches a bunch of their tickets. That's what comes with chaos and officer's inability to do their jobs and maintain order.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post