SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    From 2017- Virginia GOP baseball practice shooting: Multiple people shot
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From 2017- Virginia GOP baseball practice shooting: Multiple people shot Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“I’m a bullet wound expert from watching the teevee all those years: Shot in the hip? No big thing.”

Yes: Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
Are members of Congress allowed to carry, nationally?

No, but one Congressman is proposing they allow it.

http://www.washingtonexaminer....ting/article/2625970

I would much rather see concealed carry nationally for everyone. While this event was tragic, I do not believe that any person in our government is any more important than the rest of us. This would just create another law that only applies to the elites, and I don't like that!

Great comment.

Just consider this instance where the members of congress were playing ball. Very unlikely that anyone would play ball while carrying.

Would have been much more beneficial to have had others carrying.

In this instance they where lucky in that Representative Scalise was there with a security detail. Not all Representatives have security details.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
This is a time to pray for those shot, and forgot forever the name and image of the man who did this.

I heard a report recently that said in Israel, when terrorist events happen, the area is immediately cleaned up and life goes on as if it never happened. I feel Para and others are right that we need to ignore the news and move on.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Libs are out of control in this country. Unfortunately this man acted on his sick views.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
Libs are out of control in this country. Unfortunately this man acted on his sick views.

He acted on sick views he obtained SOLELY from the Leftists who have a huge majority control of TV broadcasts.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
If you're Kathy Griffin right now, you have got to feel even worse than before because you have become the poster child of inciting hate crimes and hate speech.

I was thinking the same thing when this went down. However, I'm guessing she doesn't give two shits based on her press conference.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Well... somebody was at his home in Belleville. His grass was cut, the flowers watered, etc. Weird.

Well he's married and has a kid, sooo...

... and they didn't care that he's been living out of a gym bag in Virginia for the last month?

How do you carry a rifle in a gym bag?

Ruger 14 with folding stock.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I suggest turning off the TV. Let's just take it easy.

Yep Para..I just did this...thank you my friend, thank you! Calm Blue Oceans (shit I'm so upset I can't spell) Smile

I never turned it on. I get 99% of my news from here. All the info, some great commentary/analysis, very little of the leftist BS and 'sky is falling' hysteria.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I suggest turning off the TV. Let's just take it easy.

Yep Para..I just did this...thank you my friend, thank you! Calm Blue Oceans (shit I'm so upset I can't spell) Smile

I never turned it on. I get 99% of my news from here. All the info, some great commentary/analysis, very little of the leftist BS and 'sky is falling' hysteria.

I was home today and received a very brief text about the shooting. My first move was to log onto the SigForum so that I might learn the real news about the event.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well... somebody was at his home in Belleville. His grass was cut, the flowers watered, etc. Weird.

... and they didn't care that he's been living out of a gym bag in Virginia for the last month?

Reportedly the rifle was a SKS 7.62.39. CNN reported it and said it was Chinese made. My understanding Chinese SKS's are somewhat rare. CNN also said it was an "AK variant." Did find there are folding stock for them

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/...n-profile/index.html

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong but didn't some of the Chinese SKS rifles come with detachable magazines?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I may be wrong but didn't some of the Chinese SKS rifles come with detachable magazines?

Yes, SKS-D and SKS-Ms were capable of taking AK magazines, from the factory. But they were only imported for a couple years are one of the more rare variations of factory SKS.

Can't comment on the particular rifle used in this incident. That CNN article is the first I've seen that actually IDs the rifle.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
You know what gets under my skin...he "was shot in the hip...no biggy" ...I suffered major hip trauma...trust me it's a biggy! I think Tom Clancy sums it up in Patriot Games...getting shot or injured in any joint (shoulder or hip) is a traumatic event (I don't care how much you walk around holding and rubbing it hollywood style) it's a very bad wound! This dismissal by the MSM makes me physically ill...seriously.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas) addresses the media about the shooting during a congressional baseball practice in Virginia.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...6001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know what gets under my skin...he "was shot in the hip...no biggy" ...I suffered major hip trauma...trust me it's a biggy! I think Tom Clancy sums it up in Patriot Games...getting shot or injured in any joint (shoulder or hip) is a traumatic event (I don't care how much you walk around holding and rubbing it hollywood style) it's a very bad wound! This dismissal by the MSM makes me physically ill...seriously.

Too many action movies & Westerns when the good guy gets shot in the hip or shoulder and lives (ie in Shooter, Bob Lee Swagger gets shot in both and lives)

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37964 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss the days when I heard about these things on the radio and read about them in the afternoon paper. Much more fact based reporting. I noticed immediately this morning what had happened and just now read the Sig Forum posts. Sad and senseless is all I can say.

I did want to add that I laughed very hard at the pictorial of the Journalist Guide to Guns and Rifles. It is not that hard to learn what is what and get the facts straight. Fact checking was important for newspapers.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Reports are he had an SKS and a 9 mm.

Maybe a Ma Deuce and a Ray gun.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
F*CK YOU 9 NEWS DENVER!!! F*CK YOU KYLE CLARK YOU LEFTIST LIBTARD PRI*K!!!!

I'm so effing pissed right now I can't speak.

The first story aired was, of course, about the shooting, but they literally skipped over the shooter's political views and just said "all congressmen and women were shocked and condemned the attack".

Of course, showed Bernie's denial and Pelosi's groveling... sound bite of Paul Ryan... but that's all.

F*CK YOU LIBERAL 9NEWS!

It was the only news on at 9pm local, and I KNEW I shouldn't watch it.

THATS THE LAST TIME!

YOU LISTENING YOU LIBTARD PRI*K F*CK?
http://www.9news.com/about-us/.../kyle-clark/32746847

News my ass...

Sincerely,

James in Denver

Edit to add:
I haven't read any of this thread since about noon or 1pm. I didn't know other's were complaining about the leftist media. Para, feel free to delete.

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
guess that's another member that should turn off the news.
they always have their agenda, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm going to bed. Good night, one and all.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post