SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your melee weapon of choice?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your melee weapon of choice? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Someone has to say it:
If you carry a bat in your vehicle for self protection make sure you throw a mitt an a couple of baseballs in the trunk too. Your lawyer will thank you.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I keep this tomahawk from Eastwing handy in my truck.

My home melee weapon is a short gladius.

I have no use for this, but now I want one as my choice.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Someone has to say it:
If you carry a bat in your vehicle for self protection make sure you throw a mitt an a couple of baseballs in the trunk too. Your lawyer will thank you.

Let's not pollute the thread with this nonsense.

Seriously.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Given that many/most of the weapons submitted would be illegal in public, I would go with a good oak or hickory walking stick. Probably self made, about 3.5 feet long. 1.5 inch thick at the bottom, 3 to 3.5 inches at the top.

I have a chunk of hardwood, about 7 feet long that I can cut to any length or measurements I want. Have been thinking about it for some time. May get to it in the next few days.

It still has the bark on it, been drying for years. Cleaned up and sprayed with a clear preservative it would be pretty nice looking.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Stanley Demo hammer I have one of these and they are awesome to wield.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
frost atm

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Stanley Demo hammer I have one of these and they are awesome to wield.

I considered one of these for work, but major tool overlap. Also, I bought a halligan to use for demo, and only the firefighters are like, "my man!"

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My choice would be a police baton for my left hand for blocking and blunt force attacks. My right hand would have the biggest Kukri I could get.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Ice axe.

Just ask Leon Trotsky.

My choice would be a chainsaw.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Probably an RMJ of some sort.

Don't have one yet, but I would probably go with the hammer poll rather than the spike so I can have both a bludgeon and cutting option.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Can a melee be less-than-lethal?

Like current events here in America?

If so, sjambok.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to invest in some better options. My best options on hand are a 14” pipe wrench or framing hammer.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suddenly I feel vulnerable; got an e-tool, Ka-bar, cracked wooden baseball bat and a small hatchet if things get medieval around here....

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Can a melee be less-than-lethal?

Like current events here in America?

If so, sjambok.

Yes, a number of items in this thread are blunt objects, and can be employed "less than lethal" easily.

Arc.

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Is a chainsaw in the box? I consider it a tool and use one all the time.

Just curious.

I like that Fatmax for off the shelf availability.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Heavy duty, over the calf, boot sock with a cue ball in the toe end. Worked for me in New Orleans in 1968.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Is a chainsaw in the box? I consider it a tool and use one all the time.

Just curious.

I like that Fatmax for off the shelf availability.

A chainsaw, while technically melee, would really be impractical due to weight and fuel requirements.

I mean, if it's really your weapon of choice, OK, but once you're out of gas or battery, you're hosed, and an extension cord isn't going to do it.

By "go to" I mean "practical."

Arc.

posted Hide Post
I use a 3' x 3/4" dowel with 3" grabber screws drilled though it. After viewing this thread I can see that I need to go a bit more "hi tech" and spend a little more money.

Posts: 7553 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post