SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your melee weapon of choice?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your melee weapon of choice? Login/Join 
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
a Model 1918 Trench Knife.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Kukri, but also the simple entrenching tool. A good "E-tool" with sharpened edges is impressive in what it can do.

The Kukri also is impressive, I have a cheap Cold Steel Kukri machete, and it will easily cut a two and a half inch branch cleanly. Without much effort.

A simple axe handle will put the hurt on someone, and I always had a nice hickory hammer handle close by, I have to have my "tire thunper" you know.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Where would one buy an authentic Kukri?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ These are very good.

https://www.thekhukurihouse.com

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Tora Blades

Simon and his wife run a crew that does reproductions of historic kukris. They are great with attention to detail and the build quality is superb but you do pay for it vs tourist kukris. There is a wait time after purchasing so if/when you buy one it takes a few months to get done. Right now there are a few good models still up for order.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
When I worked on a surveying crew I always felt medieval when we used these for clearing line...

most excellent choice, I have one and have used it often,
there is also another version, slighly longer thinner blade, sharpened on both sides,

both will do, since if for whatever reason they break off, the ax handle itself is a formidable tool for beating things senseless

I have one- very fast and sharp.

My father introduced me to those at age 12, to clear brush and saplings. Quite a bit of practice in using one in the early-mid '70s. Bush axe.

ditto on being a pre teen and 'forced' to use it,

I have one of each now, and sharpened and used the bottom type yesterday

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ And with all those years of training and experience with it, in a melee I'd naturally go for the ankles of the Orcs or Zombies. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
I am truly surprised no one has mentioned "pool table".

Now don't laugh. You have at least one stick to wail on an Orc or Zombie with, and once broken it makes a nasty stabbing instrument. You have 8 hard heavy balls to fling at heads, torsos...and the table is good for keeping multiple adversaries out of reach, while good targets for those balls.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
IMHO a fire axe (extensive experience with this) and an 8lb sledge are effective but you'll tire quickly and if you lose your grip mid swing kiss it good bye.

For quick weapon I'd go with a machete or sugar cane knife. Quick to find, cheap, good balance, and easy to use.

If I had more time I'd purchase two. I would remove the factory handle from the first and affix it to a solid shaft 4-5' long to make a modern Naginata. I'd also remove the handle from the 2nd one replace it with a handle that would give proper balance to use one or two handed.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37964 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I still stay with the Machette. I have my Fathers old Machette. It is now razor sharp and I can easily slice vegetation behind my fence line effortlessly. It is managable, which if need be could could hack and render an opponent lifeless in a short stroke. My .02.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
My walker. Not the revolver (although I guess that would work pretty well), but the thing that keeps me upright. For days when I'm feeling especially spry, my hemi-walker.

Posts: 623 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Someone has to say it:
If you carry a bat in your vehicle for self protection make sure you throw a mitt an a couple of baseballs in the trunk too. Your lawyer will thank you.

Let's not pollute the thread with this nonsense.

Seriously.

And if you don't actually play softball you won't fool anyone for more than a day or two. If you are entitled to act in self defense you don't need to disguise your intentions.

Thank you Buzz Killington for your retort to my failed try at humor.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Someone has to say it:
If you carry a bat in your vehicle for self protection make sure you throw a mitt an a couple of baseballs in the trunk too. Your lawyer will thank you.

Let's not pollute the thread with this nonsense.

Seriously.

And if you don't actually play softball you won't fool anyone for more than a day or two. If you are entitled to act in self defense you don't need to disguise your intentions.

Thank you Buzz Killington for your retort to my failed try at humor.

Your joke was bad, and you should feel bad.

This is my backup, in case I don't have my MagLite.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.kabar.com/products/product.jsp?item=1248

$40 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/KA-BAR-...151&s=gateway&sr=8-1

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I have always preferred the butt end of a 2 piece pool cue. Nothing balances in the hand like that.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one of these and it is frightening to behold.
Combine it with a police night stick.

Check out the James Williams tutorial demo stuff below.
Those Samurai warriors were maybe the all time badass.

https://www.crkt.com/hisshou.html

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I've trained with katana and sai, and while I love the sword, if you get close in, it is less than useful. The sai has less reach, and no blade, but it is pointy and has enough heft as an impact weapon (how it is usually intended to be used). It also can be used to protect the forearms or block attacks. A tomahawk with a poll (hammer) on the backside would be a really good melee weapon, as it has both a blade, an impact weapon, can be used to block an attack and can be choked up on for really close in work. It can also be thrown if you want to disarm yourself. ;-)

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Crowbar. If good enough for Gordon Freeman, good enough for me.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post