SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first trip to Buc ees.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first trip to Buc ees. Login/Join 
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Most of them are built on the outskirts of town along a major interstate. It usually doesn't take long for non-competing businesses to build up around one to take advantage of the massive traffic flow through the area.

The Melissa location is just past the 121 exit heading north on 75.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I am curious as to the price difference of the ethanol free gas vs the ethanol gas.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4136 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite sandwich there is the cheese melt.

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
I am curious as to the price difference of the ethanol free gas vs the ethanol gas.

In many areas, ethanol free gas requires an oxygenation agent which is not ethanol. In most cases that is isobutanol. Isobutanol is much more expensive than ethanol, so the gas costs more.

The advantage of ethanol free is that it is not hydrophilic (doesn’t absorb water vapor) and does well in small engines, old muscle cars, boats where the gas will sit for a while, etc.

It areas with better air quality (ie Oklahoma), an oxygenation agent is not required, so the ethanol free gas is basically straight gasoline without ethanol, so it is cheaper, but does have some cost associated with trading renewable energy credits (look up gasoline RIN’s).

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Buc-ee's Introduces New BBQ Sauce Pumps

April 8th, 2022 - BabylonBee.com

TEXAS—By popular demand, every Buc-ee's location will now add a dozen BBQ sauce pumps to its existing 512 fuel pumps, allowing Texans on the go to pick up gallons and gallons of sauce for their barbecues.

"For the low price of $2.59 a gallon, you can stock up on good, old-fashioned barbecue sauce in a hurry," said Buc-ee's spokesperson Tuck McGinnis. "We know Texans are always grabbing bottles and bottles of this stuff for their next cookout, and now they can get it in bulk from the comfort of their lifted pickup truck or SUV, in the case of the ladies."

"So grab some Buc-ee's barbecue sauce and yeeeehaw!" The spokesperson was quick to remind everyone, however, not to confuse the barbecue sauce and the gasoline, as only certain models of Chevys can run on barbecue sauce.

The barbecue sauce comes in regular, sweet, and spicy varieties, selected by a button on the pump. Texans are encouraged to bring their own gallon containers or else just pour the sauce into the beds of their trucks, although some customers have already been seen pouring the sauce in their mouths directly.

According to McGinnis, should the program prove successful, the convenience store will be adding sweet tea pumps this fall.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Buc ees is a trademark and litigation bully. Plus it is just a giant gas station, and I'll be damned if I can understand the hype.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Me either. They are building one not far from my office. I would celebrate some quality foodstores and restaurants rather than the chain crap that is all over the place. To me it looks like a giant convenience store with clean toilets. Walmart is bad enough. Kind of like traveling to Iowa to see the world's biggest truck stop on I 80.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll be damned if I can understand the hype.
Buc-ees 87-E10 is cheaper than any place in the area, significantly lower in price than Costco, with enough pumps to eliminate or minimize waiting. Plenty of ethanol-free pumps in both 87 and 90 octane. Restrooms are spotless. Access from interstate highways is convenient. Trucker caps for ArtieS's inner redneck.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stopped at a couple of them in TX on a trip maybe
four years back. I have a trip to Myrtle Beach planned next month, might have to take a side trip via Florence and check that one out. Stock up on jerky and grub before rolling into the hotel on the Grand Strand. My car might die from the experience of ethanol free fuel though. Smile

Posts: 3223 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I had “discovered” Bucees in March while driving through Florida. Didn’t stop at one, but then saw this thread in April.

Well… we just drove back from Tampa today and I wasn’t going to let the opportunity go to waste, so we stopped in Florence.

All I can say is Holy Mother of God.

I am a fan. Unfortunately, it would never work up here in the Baltimore/DC Metro area. The staff would have to be local as would be the patrons and the whole thing would just end up like a Wal-Mart. And not one of the really nice ones you all have in the south. One of the nasty disaster zones that we have up here and need a shower after visiting.

I need to move south.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Whenever I drive from DFW down to Austin or San Antonio I plan my stops to hit the Buc-ees in New Braunfels.

I'm a fan of the Hill Country spiced jerky. Also the crackers - Sizzlin Saltines and Ranch. Brought those to a party and they were the most popular snack even though much more high-end stuff was available.

Staff is always friendly and super efficient. Even when busloads of baseball or volleyball players storm the place checkout is still a breeze. Buc-ees is the Chik-Fil-A of convenience stores, and that is a good thing.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Saw one for the first time in June while driving my dad and his dog to Michigan. The I75 off ramp was backed up onto the interstate itself, so no. No gas station is worth that nonsense.

Stopped at one around Dalton, GA on the way back. I had a brisket sandwich, my son had a chicken sandwich. Both were ok. I think the jerky was $50 a pound which is a hard no. I did get a red five gallon multi-use jug for $24. Not allowed call them gas cans. I picked the wrong line to get out of the store.

I can say I’ve been to one, but meh.

Posts: 10968 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Stopped at one outside Jacksonville, FL on the way home from Tampa. I liked it. Just make sure your first visit isn't at lunch or dinner time.

Burton, I would agree it would never work in the DC area, but to work at Buc-ee's you have to have a clean record. That should get rid a lot of the hood-rats from applying.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Saw one for the first time in June while driving my dad and his dog to Michigan. The I75 off ramp was backed up onto the interstate itself, so no. No gas station is worth that nonsense.

You gotta be kidding me. Good grief.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5045 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
The bathrooms are the stuff of legend, Folks sing songs and write poems about the experience. When the apocalypse happens I am going to Buccees.

Funny, I have one within a couple miles of home and stopped in for something or another and grabbed a steak burrito.....very good.

As I was walking out I thought the same thing during the apocalypse happens it's either cabelas or Buc ees.

Forgot about the bathrooms.....makes the choice easy

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The Buc ees hat thread. Link

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

You gotta be kidding me. Good grief.

I kid you not. It was south of Richmond in Kentucky and as far as I could tell, there was nothing else at that exit to explain the backup. In fact, now that I think about it, it was a Sunday because both my dad and I were amazed at how quickly and easily we slipped through Atlanta that morning. I can honestly say, the traffic at that Buc-ee’s exit was worse than the traffic in Atlanta.

Posts: 10968 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
This video pretty much captures the Buc-ees experience - sugar to the max.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I kid you not. It was south of Richmond in Kentucky and as far as I could tell, there was nothing else at that exit to explain the backup.

Aside from factories and local traffic, there is nothing else at that exit but Buc ees. I'm sure other businesses will move in to take advantage of the traffic though.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I concur with Burton; a Buc-ees up this way couldn't happen. Property taxes, land costs, etc. along with the factors he noted.

P.S. Just got back from a Walmart near Alex. VA. I do need a shower. He was right on this also.

Posts: 3223 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougE:
quote:
I kid you not. It was south of Richmond in Kentucky and as far as I could tell, there was nothing else at that exit to explain the backup.

Aside from factories and local traffic, there is nothing else at that exit but Buc ees. I'm sure other businesses will move in to take advantage of the traffic though.

There was no traffic light at the end of the off ramp. I think there was so much south bound I75 traffic exiting there and going across the overpass to Buc-ee’s that the north bound traffic just couldn’t make the right turn. The Buc-ee’s was on the SE corner.