SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first trip to Buc ees.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first trip to Buc ees. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
I had seen a Sunday morning news show about a year ago that featured Buc ees gas and store and found it interesting. This weekend I flew into Atlanta to visit with my daughter at Berry College. On the way back to the airport I came across Buc ees and stop in for a quick look as time was a concern. Pretty cool place although I'm out over $50 after buying 3 varieties of Jerky. Next month when I'm back I plan to spend more time in the store and try their brisket. It was worth stopping in.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4024 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Buc ees, it's a Texas thang...but not anymore. Smile

BTDT and have the Tee Shirt.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7141 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Indeed...saw ads on billboards along I-95 in SC for Buc-ees help wanted last week!

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Buc ees, it's a Texas thang...but not anymore. Smile

BTDT and have the Tee Shirt.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The bathrooms are the stuff of legend, Folks sing songs and write poems about the experience. When the apocalypse happens I am going to Buccees.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3612 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
The nearest store to me is their Waller TX location, I stop by and grab a kolache, or BBQ sandwich.

They also have ethanol free gas at that location.

Lots of Aggie swag at TX Buc ees too.

HK Ag

Posts: 3523 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Update: the on in SC will be at Hwy 327 North of Florence, and supposedly will open in April

All existing stores...

https://buc-ees.com/locations/

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Bucees are giant convenience stores and gas stations. They are handy. The bathrooms are clean, and they have every kind of food and drink you could want on the road. Plus a lot of crap.

But they are just giant convenience stores. They are not Stonehenge or the Taj Mahal or even Macy's on Herald Square.

The brisket and pulled pork are good, but not better than good. But it is cheap for barbecue, and it is handy, so good is probably good enough. It beats the hell out of a Big Mac.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53145 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
They’re starting to open some here in Georgia. Their beaver mascot cracks me up every time I see one of their t-shirts.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3984 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

Lots of Aggie swag at TX Buc ees too.

Is this meant as an enticement?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53145 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Buc-ee's used to be out in the country on a major freeway/interstate between big cities (e.g. about 95 miles from Houston on the 240 mile drive to Dallas). Clean bathrooms and awesome snacks (e.g. jerky) were quite the draw after seeing mile after mile of billboards advertising different Buc-ee's aspects.

They have been changing.
  • For the better - ethanol free gas, DEF at the pump, and expanding to more states (AL, GA, FL).
  • For the worse - adding locations in the outer burbs of the big city. It'll probably increase their revenue overall, but I think it's going to dilute the brand and make people less likely to stop on a trip.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Age Quod Agis
    Picture of ArtieS
    posted Hide Post
    I need a Buc ees ball cap because nothing horrifies my northern friends like real redneck swag.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12821 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    But they are just giant convenience stores. They are not Stonehenge or the Taj Mahal or even Macy's on Herald Square.

The brisket and pulled pork are good, but not better than good. But it is cheap for barbecue, and it is handy, so good is probably good enough. It beats the hell out of a Big Mac

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah they are buiding one here. Locals are all excited. It is all relative I guess.

Posts: 17365 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Conveniently located directly
    above the center of the Earth
    Picture of signewt
    posted Hide Post
    10 years ago on a swing thru the South, we were vastly entertained by the "elCheapo" small gas chain. Tried to connect via email for years hoping to find a sweat shirt or T shirt with an elCheapO logo.

No such luck.

Posts: 9860 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    There is one less than 5 miles from my house. I will drive by it soon on the way to visit friends.

Need to compare their gas price.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Leatherneck
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jhe888:

Lol. Personally I’d rather visit the shittiest gas station in south GA than any building in NYC.

Actually that’s a great litmus test for new people I meet. Would you rather visit Macys in NYC or Bucees in the south? If they answer Macys then we aren’t going to have much in common.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A teetotaling
    beer aficionado
    Picture of NavyGuy
    posted Hide Post
    If I need to go sit down potty along the road, if I can hold it to a Bucees, that's where I want to sit. Impeccably clean and a lot of stalls. Then some Buc-ee’s beaver bites on the way out. What's not to like.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mcrimm
    posted Hide Post
    We’ve stopped a two of them. They are incredible places to stop for about anything you would ever need - including gas.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
    When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4257 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Beanhead
    posted Hide Post
    Tidbit. Owned by 2 guys.

Buccee is awesome. Get the brisket for sure!

There is already a knock off in Pontiac Il…more will follow.

https://www.wallys.com/

Posts: 1366 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Jimbo Jones
    posted Hide Post
    Most of them are by the interstate near not much else, but the one they built in Bastrop is as big as a damned football field inside. The tiny one in Giddings barely qualifies. They must have taken over an existing store/gas station.

Having left Texas where there are a lot of them I welcome the chance to patronize them on the East Coast.

Picture of Unishot
    posted Hide Post
    For those not familiar with Buc ee’s, the ones I see here in Texas typically have over 100 gas pumps.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post