SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first trip to Buc ees.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first trip to Buc ees. Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:

JALLEN would be proud of you.

I cannot imagine a finer compliment.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've been in Texas (Dallas) now for 42 years and never heard of Bucees. Are there any in the DFW area?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I've been in Texas (Dallas) now for 42 years and never heard of Bucees. Are there any in the DFW area?

flashguy

If you get out much they are on the major freeways.
Like if came down here to Houston you would see a cuople on the way.
Not really IN the major cities but kind of like a super nice truck stop along the way.

Posts: 22954 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

There is one in Terrell on I-20.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
The best thing about them is their bathrooms and ethanol free gasoline. Everything they sell is overpriced.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buc ees was started by two guys who had a small convenience store in Clute, Texas, in Brazoria County which is the coastal county just south of Harris ( Houston). Clute or thereabouts. I worked at the courthouse a few miles north in Angleton.

I had an employee who was friends with one of the owners. Just a couple of regular guys who had an idea. Immaculately clean restrooms and cheap gas. Profits on other stuff.

Bar b q pits, hunting stuff, especially in season. Dang near everything except the guns and ammo. Clothes, ice chests some high end, junk, etc.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

The first one I ever went to was located across from the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth!

Posts: 875 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

There's one not too far from where I live. I35W just south of Denton. I bit of a a trip from where you are, but if you're bored some day, maybe make a drive and spend and hour wondering around. Yes... you can spend an hour. Get some E0 gas while your at it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Do they sell Top Tier gasoline?

Posts: 13308 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

Not surprising. Razz Razz

Posts: 4989 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Shit that would be the only way they could improve...put a gun store in a few.

quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
Buc ees was started by two guys who had a small convenience store in Clute, Texas, in Brazoria County which is the coastal county just south of Harris ( Houston). Clute or thereabouts. I worked at the courthouse a few miles north in Angleton.

I had an employee who was friends with one of the owners. Just a couple of regular guys who had an idea. Immaculately clean restrooms and cheap gas. Profits on other stuff.

Bar b q pits, hunting stuff, especially in season. Dang near everything except the guns and ammo. Clothes, ice chests some high end, junk, etc.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a recent road trip, passed a bunch of them and wondered what they were about. We didn't stop as we thought it was a membership type arrangement based on the large number of gas pumps and extremely clean appearance.

We asked at an RV park we stayed at in Ormond Beach, FL. about them. They highly recommended the one nearby in Daytona Beach area and that it wasn't a membership. We went there, gas prices were the cheapest of the trip. Inside was pretty darned cool, good snacks galore, with amazing selections of jerky, nuts and other snacks. The food (we had the BBQ) was pretty tasty and reasonably priced. We also picked up some breakfast items. They also had clothing, RV supplies, etc. but we didn't need any of that.

We will definitely use them again in the future. IMO, the prices were below those at Loves, Flying J's etc. and the store itself had better selections of fresh food.

Tony

Posts: 318 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

Royce City, Melissa, Denton, near TMS, and Ennis.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1908 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

You might as well make a day of it. Visit the Buc-ees at I-35W & Hwy 114 at far north Fort Worth, right by the big race track.

The other part of the day you could tour the US Bureau of Printing, where they print the paper money. It's only a few miles away. US Bureau of Printing Fort Worth LINK They're currently closed to tours, but hopefully will restart soon. Should be very interesting. I highly recommend it.

Posts: 11866 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to imagine these two good ole boys sitting out by a fire drinking beer coming up with this idea. Let’s build a huge gas station. 50 pumps? No make it 100. 4 slurpee machines? No 8. Two atms, no 4. Let’s sell BBQ, fudge, cake balls, and jerky. Let’s put 30 ice machines outside and sell it dirt cheap. Let’s sell smokers and grills and fire pits. We will make a custom chip, a Cheeto without cheese but add sugar and we’ll call’em beaver nuggets. We’ll pickle everything we can think of and sell it. Oh and screw those nasty truck drivers…. We’ll ban them from the property.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Do they sell Top Tier gasoline?

Yes.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
quote:

flashguy

Well, I don't really think of those places as "DFW" but they are closer. I may have passed the one one at Melissa--there is some kind of a large truck stop where the Melissa Road crosses US-75, but I thought it was a Love's.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
On a recent drive on I-10 we stopped at a Buc ees in Mississippi I think. The shear size of the place was unbelievable.

Posts: 7556 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

Well, I don't really think of those places as "DFW" but they are closer. I may have passed the one one at Melissa--there is some kind of a large truck stop where the Melissa Road crosses US-75, but I thought it was a Love's.

flashguy

The one in Melissa is right up Central Expressway---easy drive.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

flashguy

The one in Melissa is right up Central Expressway---easy drive.
That's US-75. IIRC, it's been there for a long time, originally all alone with nothing around it.

flashguy