SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your favorite sammich?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite sammich? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hot Brown.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Hot Brown.

ARman

God bless you, my friend.

My mother would say that the best part of Thanksgiving was the Hot Browns the next day Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I have not a favorite sammich, gun, song, or woman. I like to enjoy a wide variety of such things. Big Grin

Sir, you are a poet!

To your success!

Cheers!!!!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled cheese using olive oil instead of butter with thin apple slices between the shredded cheddar cheese.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
New Orleans style Muffalleto or a toasted Reuben. ..................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Cuban, from any of several Tampa restaurants.

Posts: 798 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lived in the Tampa Bay Area for nearly a decade and one of the highlights of my time there was the cuban sandwich, it holds a special place in both my heart and stomach.

Since moving to Oklahoma I have seen more and more places begin to serve the sandwich in their restaurants but none as successfully and a little shop in downtown St. Pete.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The Cubano at Gordo's in Tallahassee.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Hudge:
Cuban, from any of several Tampa restaurants.

Interesting.

“A Cuban sandwich is a variation of a ham and cheese sandwich that likely originated in cafes catering to Cuban workers in Tampa or Key West, two early Cuban immigrant communities in Florida centered on the cigar industry. Later on, Cuban exiles and expatriates brought it to Miami, where it is also very popular.”
Wikipedia

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I like a turkey and swiss on Jewish rye with some grainy mustard. I can have it sans the mustard with mayo.

My favorite that we make at home, and I first had at a down town Chicago pub some time in the 1960's, is an open faced Rueben, hot from under the broiler with 1.25" of corned beef, some Russian dressing, thick slices of swiss cheese and just the right amount of sauerkraut. (up to you as to the right amount) All broiled with a bit of char on the top. Knife and folk deal which some don't consider a sandwich, but just put another piece of bread on the top and you "could" pick it up. But why. Enjoy small bites with a nice dark beer (which I don't do any longer but do crave).

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I posted way back early in this thread, so I'll do so again.

Favorite: BLT on toasted wheat, lettuce, tomato, with Miracle Whip (don't like mayonnaise).

Runners up: Tuna salad on toasted wheat with MW; fried Spam slices on toasted wheat with French's yellow mustard.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Rueben.
Amatos Italian sub, with spiced olive oil.
Cucumber / potato chip w mayo, salt n pepper on white bread.
Honestly, the list could go on…

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A good burger is a worthy choice, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a very good Reuben Peddler’s in Bentonville Friday afternoon.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
ground beef burger with jalapenno peppers and chedder cheese on a Bun with Crunchy peanut butter spread on it.
sometimes dipped in A very sweet BBQ sauce

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another favorite: homemade leftover meatloaf on white bread with mayo, a tiny bit each of mustard and ketchup and an ample amount of horseradish.

Posts: 391 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I love a good meatloaf sandwich.

Pulled pork BBQ

But my go to is a Big Mikes #13 (Italian): Provolone, ham, prosciuttini, cappacuolo, salami, and pepperoni. Lettuce jalapeno onion brown mustard oil vinegar salt and pepper

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Interesting.

Oh, they’re awesome. There’s a little place in Satellite Beach on A1A that’s run by actual Cubans that we go to at least once every time we visit family. The best Cuban sandwiches I’ve ever had. In fact, if my flights aren’t canceled, I’ll go there next weekend.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Another Cuban (pressed) fan here. I've been in Tampa 35ish years and love them. No on any lettuce, tomato or mayo, yes on the salami. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classic Club sandwich
BLT
French Dip from Houston’s ( now called Hillstones )
Shaved Pastrami on white toast with yellow mustard and Swiss cheese
Turkey sandwich after everybody leaves Thanksgiving night
Beef Tenderloin slice on a Kings Hawaiian Roll with Horseradish

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post