SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Career Limiting Move for the CO of the Roosevelt? (Navy Peeps will Understand)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Career Limiting Move for the CO of the Roosevelt? (Navy Peeps will Understand) Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I think I'd accept, then give them the middle finger and retire.

Dude's put in his work. Why should he continue working for people who don't care?

Or who would screw those who work for them, if it will make them look better. "

This whole event shows me just how infiltrated out military has become with legions of obummer appointed "officers".

Not to pollute this thread, but anyone else remember that idiot that wanted to reduce requirements for Special Forces"

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
This whole event shows me just how infiltrated out military has become with legions of obummer appointed "officers".

He had eight years to do it so, you're not wrong however, not everything has to do with #44's decisions.

This smells of Big Navy doing what it's always done, holding its officers to zero tolerance standards, and protecting its Admirals. Those Admirals (yes, promoted during 44's time) just continued to play the game that's always been played by the stars. The Navy has traded old salt ship-drivers for box-checking careerist and managers; the Kindly Old Gentleman is far and few between. This case is looking more and more like the Admiral's failed to recognize the situation, and simply looked at each other as the situation continued to evolve faster than they could make a decision. So much for leadership under pressure. Roll Eyes

Regardless of what happens, Capt Crozier will likely retire, even if he's re-instated he'll complete the WESTPAC cruise then walk away.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This too shall pass, and the Navy will be back to playing bumper boats before you know it.

The Navy needs to do some serious reflecting on who they are suppose to be and what their mission is.
Surely that mission involves some form of OPSEC and careful handling of assets.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think the Navy should have some loyalty to those that swear loyalty to protect the country

yeah, I know they got big wide shoulder boards

seems like you can respect the uniform but the person wearing it is a low-life piece of shit

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
should not reinstate this dude

bad precedent

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This onion continues to get peeled back and its an interesting labyrinth of twists and turns.

The carrier CO and CSG CDR weren't on the same page, RADM Baker sounds like he could've taken charge but, like we've seen with a lot of executives these days, he dragged his feet and didn't have the cojones to provide clear and decisive direction to his subordinates. Air Wing Cdr, Senior Medical Officer and likely a few others will be facing an early retirement, along with the aforementioned two.

Keep in mind, Roosevelt was already pier side when the captain's letter was sent out, the issue was more of where to put the crew ashore...from this early reading, sounds like 7th Fleet and PACFLT were already working with the Guam government to negotiate options. The letter just pubically spread the shit all over the place...so, who leaked the letter?
TR Investigation Fallout: Crozier Won’t be Reinstated, Strike Group CO Promotion Delayed
quote:
“It is difficult to comprehend how the entire command team, driven by an overwhelming concern for the crew’s safety, took little to no action within their own span of control to improve the crew’s safety. The leadership team was missing in action when it came to leveraging available temporary facilities, organizing and then leading a quick and effective egress from the ship. Not recognizing their missed leadership opportunity, it became necessary, in their minds, to further disregard good order and discipline by ‘jumping the chain’ [of command] with an urgent plea,” reads Burke’s conclusion.
“After 40 plus days to reflect on their actions since arrival on Guam, many of the principal members of the ship and strike group leadership team maintain that their actions to protect the crew were proper, and that the actions requested would not have occurred without the former commanding officer’s email and letter.”

The investigation didn’t fault Merz or Aquilino for their response to the outbreak. In addition to Crozier’s removal of command and Baker’s stalled promotion, Gilday recommended Crozier, the air wing commander and senior medical officer face an administrative review at Aquilino’s discretion.

“This was all about what Crozier failed to do within his span of control,” Gilday told reporters.
“I looked at the span of control of the commander of the Pacific Fleet. I looked at the span of control of the commander of 7th fleet. I did not see those problems.”

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post