SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
quote:
Originally posted by cavscouttj:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
quote:
quote:
Of course i had to take it to the range right away to test it! Anyone remember earlier i was saying the Geissele SD-3G was working fine? not anymore... Even with the added back pressure of the silencers it was failing to reset about 1 out of 10 rounds with Lawman 147gr ammo. I switched to Fiocchi 158gr and it was about one every other magazine using my Revolution and Octane 9. I switched to the SG-2 and it seemed to be running find for another couple of mags (maybe i just got lucky? Maybe it's not silencer dependent?) and then it ran flawless for about 20 rds of low powered Emcon suppressor ammo (which is very quiet!). I was really surprised it was working with those loads and not the lawman as it's it's the hottest load of the bunch. That stuff is loud suppressed and sometimes goes super out of my 16" where none of the other 147gr i shoot will.

Before it was cut, it was VERY dirty and the action was sluggish but yet worked flawlessly with the SD-3G! After getting it back i cleaned and oiled it, and then i started having problems.

Not sure I follow. If the bolt fully cycles and picks up the next round, the hammer has to be cocked. If you are holding back on the trigger, and then let off, you should hear the click of the disconnector release the hammer to the sear, and then you should be ready to shoot. Where in this cycle are things going awry?

Reset is *you* letting off of the trigger so the disconnecter lets go of the hammer. So "failing to reset" is confusing. Saying a trigger is short reset, means you only let off a little for it to work.

Will it consistently lock the bolt open on an empty mag? This is the basic test related to gas port size and dwell time and such.

The issue mine is having with the s3g is the hammer is following the bolt back so the hammer is not reset. It loads the next round but the hammer is in the fired "not reset" position.

My S3G came with two trigger springs. You might try the other one. Other than that, call Geissele. They will take care of you.

He summed it up nicely. If you play with your mpx, the bolt has to go back really far too get the hammer to catch the disconnecter. It can eject and pick up a new round without "resetting".

Mine also came with 2 springs although i already have the lighter one installed. I don't see how a heavier one would help. Also per a post few pages back, Geissele doesn't recommend the 3 gun trigger for this very reason. I don't see how they could help unless they switch me trigger packs to the SSA-E.

I just tried with some dummy rounds to rack the bolt enough to eject and no more. Every time it cocked the hammer. I ask my original question again:

Will it consistently lock the bolt open on an empty mag? [This is the basic test related to gas port size and dwell time and such] 

If it has enough rearward movement to lock the bolt to the rear, I do not think its possible to NOT cock the hammer-- absent a disconnector issue. In any case I see no reason not to get the opinion of the manufacturer.

So it worked in yours but do you have a Geissele SD-3G trigger in it? If not, buy one and try again. I am able to eject a round and pick one up without the trigger resetting.

If i contact Sig they will tell me replace the factory trigger.

If i contact geissele they will tell me is a known issue and to use the SSA (this was discussed several pages ago)

I bought a bought a Hiperfire 24c, should arrive tomorrow. I will see if i get the same issue. I contacted Hiperfire and was told one person to date claimed to have issues with this setup. I'll find out for myself and if i do I'll drop it in an AR.

From other websites seems some are having luck with CMC triggers. I have one, they are OK. Would rather use something else but if this doesn't euro, that maybe next.

I was more interested in whether it locks the bolt back on an empty mag when firing. That indicates good gas pressure. Still have no answer on that fundamental question.

Even if there is some sweet spot where there is enough rearward movement to eject and pick up the next round and not cock the hammer, it still may be under gassed. With proper gas, you may get more movement and so cock the hammer.

The best and simplest method to confirm or deny this is to load one round in the mag and shoot it and see if it locks back all the time.

If the answer is no, then the weapon is under gassed. If the answer is a consistent yes, then perhaps you have a trigger issue.

You are correct, I have an S3G not an SD3G. But the "does the bolt lock back" test is still 100% valid regardless of any trigger.

Posts: 20 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has failed to lock the bolt open maybe 3 times in 4000ish rounds.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dwd1985:
Stamp came in this morning. Decisions, decisions...

---------------
@dwd -- Can you please remind me what the Sig part # is again for this stock (with rails filling up MPX all the way).
Thank you!

Ordered a Thin Folding Stock, MCX/MPX, 1913 Interface and a STOCK-X-COLLAPS-BLK (Telescoping) today from SIG. SIG CS sold the Thin Folding stock at $279 vice $299 listed on their Web site and the STOCK-X-COLLAPS-BLK at $138. The X-COLLAPS is the one that is about 1"short in the side rail section; SIG CS stated this is the only telescoping non-folding being shipped to civilians.
I received a 20% coupon from Sig after registering my MPX on their Web site and free shipping; total and taxes for both stocks was $243. Due to backlog, SIG CS said about 2-3 weeks for the stocks to ship.
My SBR Form 1 should be approved in about 2 weeks, so I will be ready with appropriate stocks.

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish people would learn how to post without all the multiple quotes.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently they have. For over 24 hours now.

Posts: 1070 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sharp Eyes,
Quick Reflexes
Picture of ZenDriver
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:

Have they?

------------------------
The future has no predictors, only the proclaimed prescient extrapolating the present who always find our destiny somewhere in the past.

Posts: 4010 | Location: PDX, OR | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZenDriver:
quote:

quote:

Have they?

Yes, have they?

Posts: 18 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quicksilvergoat:
quote:
Originally posted by ZenDriver:
quote:

quote:

Have they?

Yes, have they?

I wish they would stop too

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sharp Eyes,
Quick Reflexes
Picture of ZenDriver
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^Seriously, this is NOT the thread for all of you guys to do your comedy routine in. It is probably the most informative and comprehensive location for MPX knowledge and news on the Internet. Don't F it up with this crap.

At 105 pages, this thread is really far too long, and self-referential, and in the weeds to be much use to anybody. It's unmanageable for someone new to get in here and figure out WTF is going on. At this point, the MPX probably needs an FAQ that collects all the information from this thread into one place, and let new topics generate threads of their own.

------------------------
The future has no predictors, only the proclaimed prescient extrapolating the present who always find our destiny somewhere in the past.

Posts: 4010 | Location: PDX, OR | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chrischoi
posted Hide Post

Posts: 73 | Location: PA | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chrischoi:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCB9dcqiP5a/

needs a can!

(mine is in jail) Frown

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Received my 4" barrel back from ADCO Friday, I absolutely love it. TROS USA 1/2x28 3-lug, Griffin Armament 3-lug mount, SilencerCo Octane 45.

ADCO received the barrel 2/11, I already had a shipping notification email that it was on its way back on 2/16. Very happy with the work. Had it out at the range Saturday, the MPX and Octane 45 both ran flawlessly, even with the 9mm endcap and 5 different kinds of 9mm from 115gr to 165gr. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Also, as a side note...the iron sights were still dead on after the cut/rethread and reinstall of the barrel!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cntrl23,

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cntrl23:
Received my 4" barrel back from ADCO Friday, I absolutely love it. TROS USA 1/2x28 3-lug, Griffin Armament 3-lug mount, SilencerCo Octane 45.

How much did that cost to get cut down and threaded? I'm searching posts but didn't see it mentioned. Thanks!

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terry6v:
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:

How much did that cost to get cut down and threaded? I'm searching posts but didn't see it mentioned. Thanks!

It was $140 for the cut and rethread. I just removed the barrel with gas block attached and sent it in to them. They received it on 2/11, and I already had a shipping notification for it coming back on 2/16.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cntrl23...

How did you fill in the safety selector's pictogram with red and white?

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember reading that gen 1 owners can call sig and get a deal on the 3 mag kit and a ambi charging handle, I just don't remember what I needed to say when I call them?

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You may want to check if there are any local gunsmiths. I took it to a guy here in the St. Louis area, cost me $75 and only took him 3 business days to complete it.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was more interested in whether it locks the bolt back on an empty mag when firing. That indicates good gas pressure. Still have no answer on that fundamental question.

Even if there is some sweet spot where there is enough rearward movement to eject and pick up the next round and not cock the hammer, it still may be under gassed. With proper gas, you may get more movement and so cock the hammer.

The best and simplest method to confirm or deny this is to load one round in the mag and shoot it and see if it locks back all the time.

If the answer is no, then the weapon is under gassed. If the answer is a consistent yes, then perhaps you have a trigger issue.

You are correct, I have an S3G not an SD3G. But the "does the bolt lock back" test is still 100% valid regardless of any trigger.

I never tested if the bolt was holding open. When it was having a malfunction every 1-3 shots, getting through my loaded mags was painful! I was also limited on time as I had somewhere to be that day.

I never went back and tried it again, I just ordered a new trigger. Bought a Hiperfire 24C Eclipse and installed that. This is my 5th 24C trigger, so obviously I'm a big fan. I shot 150 rds in pretty quick order without issue. Obviously I'll continue to test it and keep everyone updated.

I created a little video as I was at the range in case I had any malfunctions, thought it might be handy. Ended up creating a full video based on some of the information discussed here. Also did a bit of shooting between the Octane 9 and SG-2.

https://youtu.be/3n2V_7j22Uc

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You may want to check if there are any local gunsmiths. I took it to a guy here in the St. Louis area, cost me $75 and only took him 3 business days to complete it.

I am sure there may be cheaper options, but I trust ADCO's reputation, and wanted perfection especially with a suppressor and the importance of it all being concentric. I personally have 0 faith in anyone local to me. But I do agree there are cheaper options if you have a qualified gunsmith available to you.

Also, I believe you can remove the gas block and then may be able to send it in under the $65 "AR15 Barrel Threading" but I personally opted not to mess with that.

Perfection is what I got with ADCO, with fast turnaround and a guarantee of work performed, so I could not be happier.

quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:
Cntrl23...

How did you fill in the safety selector's pictogram with red and white?

I used the colorfill method of...nail polish. Red & white nail polish + acetone free nail polish remover, cotton makeup removal pads. (Have fun buying this stuff.) Some use crayons.

I removed the safety selector since it is in the way of the "fire" pictogram. Complete one side at a time, apply the nail polish to the pictogram so there is a light layer over the top of the area with the engraving, let it dry, then in a light slow circular motion with a cotton makeup remover pad with the acetone free polish remover - remove the polish above the surface of the engraving. It should end up where just the engraving has the polish remaining and everything above that will become 100% clean. I used a coat of white underneath the red to make it show up better as well. Take your time, turns out the best with patience.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:

I am sure there may be cheaper options, but I trust ADCO's reputation, and wanted perfection especially with a suppressor and the importance of it all being concentric. I personally have 0 faith in anyone local to me. But I do agree there are cheaper options if you have a qualified gunsmith available to you.

Perfection is what I got with ADCO, with fast turnaround and a guarantee of work performed, so I could not be happier.

Amen. That is 100% why I too use ADCO. Perfect work, every time.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post