SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    President Zelenskyy, the answer is no
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Zelenskyy, the answer is no Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Blinken grilled about $4 billion in US funding for Ukrainian pensions at House hearing

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

The U.S. has spent $4 billion in pensions in Ukraine through its foreign aid during the war, according to a GOP congressman who sits on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

Tennessee Republican Rep. Tim Burchett confronted Secretary of State Tony Blinken about taxpayer money going toward pensions in Ukraine during a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Thursday.

In response, Blinken said there are processes in place to make sure the funds are going toward approved categories. He also said that most of the U.S. funding moves through a World Bank program.

"We just had a report by the inspector general's office looking at the oversight of the taxpayers' funds in Ukraine," Blinken said. "The report was very positive in terms of the processes that are in place and the work that's being done to make sure that money is being spent appropriately, as well as wisely.

"At the same time, we have in place a process. For example, much of the funding ... that the taxpayers provide to Ukraine goes through a World Bank program that only disburses money upon receipts for authorized expenditures. And we have third-party validators to include Deloitte, which is working directly with the Ministry of Finance."

Burchett wasn't pleased with Blinken's answer.

"I appreciate all that, but when we can't fund Medicare and then we're funding Ukrainian pensions, I really think our priorities are out of whack," Burchett said.

Burchett's office told Just the News that the $4 billion figure comes from a USAID report that they have reviewed.

Burchett tweeted about his exchange with Blinken at the hearing.

In April 2022, President Biden said some of the U.S. aid to Ukraine would be put toward pensions for Ukrainians.

"It's also going to help schools and hospitals open," he said. "It's going to allow pensions and social support to be paid to the Ukrainian people so they have something — something in their pocket. It's also going to provide critical resources to address food shortages around the globe."

Posts: 12704 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nah, it's fine. Yadda yadda "freedom" and shit.

We can just print more money.

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Standing ovation for a genuine, real life Nazi.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 334 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More information on this site:

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...azi-standing-ovation

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What a pack of muppets.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's all about appearances. They needed a hero for the play, and in their haste, ignorance and disregard for the truth, they cast an actual Nazi.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sweet Jesus, these people.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
These people are literally too stupid to realize how stupid they are

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 579 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to believe that building a wall between Canada and the U.S. is a good idea! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Isaiah 5:20
quote:
Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
My signature line…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I want to make sure I understand. Russians are now worse than nazis, that right?

JC

Posts: 1272 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
I want to make sure I understand. Russians are now worse than nazis, that right?

With regard to atrocities?

Tomato tomahto.

Posts: 20120 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Senator Shocked By Classified Briefing On Ukraine: Warhawks Want Blank Check With No Victory In Sight

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO), known for his efforts to force the Biden Administration to declassify information related to covid's possible lab origins at Wuhan, exited a classified briefing this week on the situation in Ukraine and expressed a feeling of shock.

"If there is some path to victory in Ukraine, I didn't hear it today. I also heard that there's going to be no end to the funding requests..."

Hawley went on to indicate that Americans will be asked to spend hundreds of billions more dollars in the region with an indefinite blank check in place to protect "US standing" on the world stage. Zelensky asked Biden and Congress for another $24 billion during his latest visit, stating that if Ukraine doesn't get the aid, they will lose the war. The information at hand suggests that Ukraine is going to lose the war anyway.

Hawley also revealed that the public is being lied to about the war footing in the region and that Ukraine is definitely 'not winning.' This information confirms what many Americans already suspected, with 55% of the public now in opposition to more aid according to recent polls.

The corporate media blitzkrieg bombarding the populace with tales of imminent Ukrainian victory against Russian forces has lost its momentum and reality is starting to set in. Though, this did not stop journalists from trying to insert their list of debunked talking points into the interview as they seemed to debate Hawley more than ask him questions.

These debate points have long been a part of the media's narrative but none of them have held water so far. Assertions of an inevitable "domino effect" leading to a Russian invasion of Europe should Ukraine fall are reminiscent of the same false claims made during the Vietnam War. There is no evidence to indicate Russia has plans to attack Poland or any other NATO member, with Putin obviously aware of the danger of nuclear conflict. As Hawley points out, the warhawks can't have it both ways - They can't claim that arming Ukraine has led to the degradation of Russian forces "on the cheap", and at the same time claim that Russia is strong enough to then overrun Europe should Ukraine lose.

Another disturbing takeaway from this argument is the notion that Ukrainian citizens need to be used as cost effective human shields to prevent a wider war between Russia and NATO. It is the same claim that Zelensky has been making for the past year in order to frighten the western populace into throwing billions more dollars into Ukrainian coffers - "$100 billion and hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian lives will buy you the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Russians. A proxy war is lot cheaper than engaging in a direct war with them..."

But why entertain a war with Russia at all? A false choice has been presented - Either Americans support a proxy war against Russia, or be forced to fight a direct war.

So far, there has been no quantifiable benefits for the western public. It is clear, however, that there are elements of the establishment that desire an ongoing conflict with Russia. The anti-Russian rhetoric began in 2016 well before the war in Ukraine. Propaganda surrounding Donald Trump and "Russiagate" has been thoroughly debunked. Most of the "evidence" presented to prove that the 2016 election was manipulated by Russia was in fact fabricated by groups under the watch of Democrat operatives and some Neo-cons. Of course, the aftermath of the propaganda convinced a large portion of the public (most of them on the political left) that Russia was a predator lurking at their door waiting to strike.

Hawley also notes that while public attentions have been directed at Russia, China is a much more viable threat and any effort to prevent them from invading Taiwan would at this stage be futile. The truth is, neither war is a winnable prospect for the US or NATO given the economic instability at play; a conflagration between East and West would be disastrous for both sides, but western populations have the furthest to fall. Clearly there are people within our government that see this as a good thing as they continue to press geopolitical tensions closer and closer to WWIII.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...eck-no-victory-sight

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24143 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Since Zelinski was in the area, I wonder if he stopped by & told his buddy Joe he wanted a few hundred million more dollars.

I just "googled" it, and it looks like so far he's gotten between $76 billion and $133 billion from the US alone. I don't think they even know. NATO, Canada, and all the rest put together don't even come close.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
US To Keep Paying Salaries For Tens Of Thousands Of Ukrainians During Government Shutdown

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...-government-shutdown

A newly aired "60 Minutes" segment entitled The unexpected way American tax dollars are being used in Ukraine has uncovered that the US government is paying the salaries of some 57,000 Ukrainian civic services personnel.

The report details the various ways non-military aid is being spent at a moment GOP Congressional leaders are intensely debating whether to move forward with a proposed defense budget that includes Biden's push for $24 billion more in military assistance for Kiev. Watch:

More at link

posted Hide Post
Polish Minister Has 'Taken Steps' To Extradite Ukrainian Nazi Veteran Honored By Trudeau Govt

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...honored-trudeau-govt

A high ranking Polish government official is pressing for Warsaw to begin an extradition request for Yaroslav Hunka, the 98-year-old Ukrainian Canadian who served the Nazi SS Galizien formation in WWII. Hunka was hailed as a "Ukrainian hero" and a "Canadian hero" by Justin Trudea's government days ago, receiving a standing ovation in the House of Commons also as Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky looked on and cheered.

Polish Education Minister Przemysław Czarnek announced on Tuesday he has "taken steps" to initiate the extradition of Hunka to Poland for possible war crimes.

"In view of the scandalous events in the Canadian Parliament, which involved honoring, in the presence of President Zelenskyy, a member of the criminal Nazi SS Galizien formation, I have taken steps towards the possible extradition of this man to Poland," Czarnek said in a Tuesday social media post.

Canadian public broadcaster CBC has confirmed the Polish minister's announcement, saying it adds pressure to growing calls for Speaker Anthony Rota to step down, after he took responsibility for inviting and failing to properly vet the Nazi war veteran:

More at link

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
A high ranking Polish government official is pressing for Warsaw to begin an extradition request for Yaroslav Hunka, the 98-year-old Ukrainian Canadian who served the Nazi SS Galizien formation in WWII. Hunka was hailed as a "Ukrainian hero" and a "Canadian hero" by Justin Trudea's government days ago, receiving a standing ovation in the House of Commons also as Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky looked on and cheered.

Polish Education Minister Przemysław Czarnek announced on Tuesday he has "taken steps" to initiate the extradition of Hunka to Poland for possible war crimes.
Oh, for God's sake. It's ridiculous. A 98 year old man. He's apt to die at any time. Guess what? You missed him. He has lived his life after WWII, and you missed him. Just stop it. Yes, I realize the mantra is that we will hunt these people down yadda yadda, but come on. Leave him alone. He made it. You missed him. Just stop the silly shit.

posted Hide Post
Canada's Speaker Resigns After Honoring Nazi

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...honored-trudeau-govt

The Speaker of Canada's House of Commons, Anthony Rota, has resigned after leading Parliament in praising a Ukrainian man who moved to Canada after fighting for a Nazi unit.