SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
The media was freaking out because Donald and Ivanka left the White House a few minutes ago and got on Marine One and left and they didn't know what was going on. Here's what's happening:

... these are great days. I don't recall Obama dropping his tee off, to attend and respect our nations' finest/fallen in this manner.

The msm exclusion is obvious - not even a ploy for camera time.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Trump Steam Roller moves on.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Much Credit to Trump for taking the time to honor the SEAL and meet his family. More credit for honoring their right to privacy and not making a spectacle of this. I never ever ever would want to be in his shoes, but knowing your responsibility in the loss of a soldier is a hard burden to carry. I'm not sure bummer ever really felt or cared - I honestly hope he did. But I can say that I believe Trump does and that is good. You want a leader that understands the cost of War, but knows when it is necessary. I'm reminded of Robert E. Lee quote - "It is well that war is so terrible, we would grow too fond of it"

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I can't say I'm a fan of DJT's communication "style," but I can't not say how thankful I am that we again have a president that respects the sacrifices our military suffers every day. Thank you President Trump, and RIP Chief Owens.

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Report This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I have nearly forgotten what it's like to have a man in the White House.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Report This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
they might as well not "fill in the blank" and just keep the signs generic, that way they can reuse them every day for the next 8 years.

It would be "greener", wouldn't you think?

Dry erase protest signs.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They can "oppose" all they want because it will not do any good.

President Trump was not my first choice but once it because a choice between The Donald and Hillary; it was no longer a choice. I was in for Trump all the way both financially and morally. A Hillary Clinton "reign" would have been a nightmare!
So today, it has been 13 days and I have to say that considering what has transpired so far I am happy. The SCOTUS choice is fantastic. Tillerson is a great choice for SecState as is Sessions for AG.
Hearing what happened today with the deceased hero, Owens, just confirms it even more. Our Troops have to be honored and not just for photo-ops.
Like the man said before me .... it is about time we had a real man in the WH.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Sorry but it's getting hard to keep up with the posts on this thread. This comes from a post a couple pages back.

quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
White House ices out CNN

“One of the things I think this administration hasn’t figured out yet is that there’s only one television network that is seen in Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran, and Damascus — and that’s CNN,” he noted.

Eek You've got to be kidding me! Who the hell gives 2 shits about this!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

... I don't recall Obama dropping his tee off, to attend and respect our nations' finest/fallen in this manner.

I think I saw him do it once, but there were cameras everywhere. He turned it into a photo op, IMO.

All I needed to know about what president sparklemuffin felt about the troops was when he was on his electoral campaign in Germany. He went to Landstuhl Army Hospital "to visit the wounded soldiers." He never actually visited the troops, giving the excuse of "they wouldn't let the TV cameras inside.

A REAL man would have gone in without the cameras. A REAL man would have seen our wounded soldiers as more than photo op props.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Sorry but it's getting hard to keep up with the posts on this thread. This comes from a post a couple pages back.

quote:
White House ices out CNN

“One of the things I think this administration hasn’t figured out yet is that there’s only one television network that is seen in Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran, and Damascus — and that’s CNN,” he noted.

I work in a global market. CNN controls the overseas narrative. When I'm in Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore; guess what... CNN and BBC are big international news players.

They have a huge influence on the way the rest of the world perceives President Trump which makes his job that much harder. Last year I was at Georgia Tech installing a machine and there was a German service technician there servicing one of the R&D machines. We all went to lunch and he was perplexed at why Donald Trump was such a strong candidate (back then) and how the country could take him seriously.

We need to boot CNN out of airports around the globe. It won't happen, but it needs to happen.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
JALLEN called this one on the previous page.

Since Collins & Murkowski said they would not vote for DeVos, the Senate vote on DeVos has been scheduled next. That will allow Sessions to vote as a Senator.

After he is conformed as AG, he couldn't vote for DeVos. And this may require Pence to be the 50-50 tie breaker.

So why did Murkowski and Collins do this ?

Surely they must have some serious concerns about DeVos. Or maybe not

Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R., Alaska) and Susan Collins (R., Maine) have each benefited from contributions from the National Education Association. Collins received $2,000 from the union in 2002 and 2008, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Murkowski, meanwhile, has received $23,500.

The NEA represents 3 million members, making it the wealthiest and most influential union in the country. The NEA, along with other labor groups like the American Federation of Teachers, has waged a fierce campaign against DeVos, a billionaire philanthropist and school choice activist.

Teachers unions donate almost exclusively to Democrats. The NEA contributed $2.3 million to Democratic candidates in 2016, while Republican nominees received $350,000, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/m...appointment-n2280013

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

quote:
White House ices out CNN

I work in a global market. CNN controls the overseas narrative. When I'm in Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore; guess what... CNN and BBC are big international news players.

They have a huge influence on the way the rest of the world perceives President Trump which makes his job that much harder. Last year I was at Georgia Tech installing a machine and there was a German service technician there servicing one of the R&D machines. We all went to lunch and he was perplexed at why Donald Trump was such a strong candidate (back then) and how the country could take him seriously.

We need to boot CNN out of airports around the globe. It won't happen, but it needs to happen.

Tony.

I'm in Taiwan and that is 100% the case. The local news only regurgitates what the liberal media says. I've had to inform my wife's family of the truth. Some see through the BS as I have friends all over the world but a lot don't know better.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I'm in Taiwan and that is 100% the case. The local news only regurgitates what the liberal media says. I've had to inform my wife's family of the truth. Some see through the BS as I have friends all over the world but a lot don't know better.

... same issue in Australia; SkyNews and some local content channels regurgitate the same CNN feeds. Several occasions in the last 13 days, when xx is commented on, I've had to reiterate 'fake news' or 'this is what you should read instead' ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Obama did not even know the right way to hang toilet paper.President Trump has to fix everything Obama screwed up.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to wonder who thinks they run this country, the President or the media...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
JALLEN called this one on the previous page.

Since Collins & Murkowski said they would not vote for DeVos, the Senate vote on DeVos has been scheduled next. That will allow Sessions to vote as a Senator.

After he is conformed as AG, he couldn't vote for DeVos. And this may require Pence to be the 50-50 tie breaker.

So why did Murkowski and Collins do this ?

Surely they must have some serious concerns about DeVos. Or maybe not

Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R., Alaska) and Susan Collins (R., Maine) have each benefited from contributions from the National Education Association. Collins received $2,000 from the union in 2002 and 2008, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Murkowski, meanwhile, has received $23,500.

The NEA represents 3 million members, making it the wealthiest and most influential union in the country. The NEA, along with other labor groups like the American Federation of Teachers, has waged a fierce campaign against DeVos, a billionaire philanthropist and school choice activist.

Teachers unions donate almost exclusively to Democrats. The NEA contributed $2.3 million to Democratic candidates in 2016, while Republican nominees received $350,000, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/m...appointment-n2280013

Those kind of contributions alone don't buy returning telephone calls. It is hard to figure motivations in these complicated matrices of pressures and considerations but these contributions don't seem adequate ordinarily.

It is hard to buck a large powerful lobby like the education union mounts, but somebody has to do it. Their rise correlates closely with the decline of our education system.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm starting to wonder who thinks they run this country, the President or the media...

Well the media decided to elect Obummer, so they THOUGHT they were still in charge....... Big Grin

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
The media was freaking out because Donald and Ivanka left the White House a few minutes ago and got on Marine One and left and they didn't know what was going on. Here's what's happening:

... these are great days. I don't recall Obama dropping his tee off, to attend and respect our nations' finest/fallen in this manner.

The msm exclusion is obvious - not even a ploy for camera time.

Previous president would sneak out to play golf.

I like this president better.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
LOL, I look forward to the Sig Forum political takedown teams postings almost as much as Trump's Twitters ! Big Grin

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicago Mayor Tells Trump to Send Federal Help

"Send more FBI, DEA, ATF agents," Emanuel said during a news conference Wednesday. "We don't have to talk about it anymore. Just send them."

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/...lence-412445503.html

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post